Could Tank become the next Dez

Verdict

Reaction score
Tank seems to be following the same career trajectory as Dez. Best on the team but not top 5. Complained until he got his money. Received top money. Then year one under his new deal he disappeared. About all he has done since he got his new deal is “talked” a lot.

I am concerned that he got his money and like Dez really isn’t all that into football at this point. Just talks a lot, and does very little.

This contract could be a “bust” boys and girls.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Tank seems to be following the same career trajectory as Dez. Best on the team but not top 5. Complained until he got his money. Received top money. Then year one under his new deal he disappeared. About all he has done since he got his new deal is “talked” a lot.

I am concerned that he got his money and like Dez really isn’t all that into football at this point. Just talks a lot, and does very little.

Seriously dude, just shut up.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Given the new coaching changes, I think at this point it's better to wait and see which players the new coaching staff keeps and, more importantly, see how they perform in a new system with new coaching before writing off players as busts.

I think after one year with a new coaching staff and system, many of the questions we have about several of our current players will be answered, at least within the system we are running going forward.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I don't like his contract or the way he went about getting it but it's a bit early for me to say that Tank won't be productive, but that's on the negative side of being the next Dez. Dez did put up quite a few touchdowns so Tank has the ways to go as far as matching him with sacks, and Dez did purchase that monkey :laugh:

EST_1986

Reaction score
A guy who put it in the line, produced and got paid? Yes he fits the mold.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Actually he held the team hostage until he got his money. He refused to have surgery until he got paid. Sounds like a real team player there.

Cry me a river on what a team guy he is.
Yes after two seasons of not getting extended...once on the last year of his deal and then again on the franchise tag.

He paid his dues.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Tank seems to be following the same career trajectory as Dez. Best on the team but not top 5.
Dez was arguably the best WR in the league when he got paid...
Complained until he got his money.
Refusing to settle for anything less than you deserve is complaining now? Do you work on a massive discount for your employer?
Received top money. Then year one under his new deal he disappeared.
By disappeared, do you mean he sustained a Jones fracture that ultimately derailed his career...? lol
About all he has done since he got his new deal is “talked” a lot.
I am concerned that he got his money and like Dez really isn’t all that into football at this point.
Dez was touted as being one of the hardest workers on the team and someone who loved football more than anything... and if that’s not enough, his in-game passion, style of play & playing through injuries should speak to how much he was “into football”. Y’all just be saying anything on here.
Just talks a lot, and does very little.
Tank should talk about how he’s the only guy on the defensive line consistently commanding double teams.