Could Tank become the next Dez

Loso86

Reaction score
Tank seems to be following the same career trajectory as Dez. Best on the team but not top 5. Complained until he got his money. Received top money. Then year one under his new deal he disappeared. About all he has done since he got his new deal is “talked” a lot.

I am concerned that he got his money and like Dez really isn’t all that into football at this point. Just talks a lot, and does very little.

This contract could be a “bust” boys and girls.
He never complained neither did Dez. He didnt disappear pressures are just as good as sacks in alot of cases. And he was the only one to fear on the defensive line. Besides sacks his numbers were pretty good in every other category

ItzKelz

Reaction score
If we go to a 3-4 I think its on the board that he can get traded

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then year one under his new deal he disappeared.
Myth.

Constantly double teamed and was slowed coming back from surgery. I know I know it's his fault for waiting to have it instead of having it immediately after last season ended.

I know many just look at sack numbers but the fact is DLaw was pretty solid this year. It's definitely wrong to compare him to Dez. Dez let his skills decline to the point he was out of the league in a heartbeat.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez was too slow to get open when he left, and I'm guessing the achilles injury isn't helping in the speed department. He's just another loud mouth critic on twitter at this point.

John813

Reaction score
Dez was arguably the best WR in the league when he got paid...

Refusing to settle for anything less than you deserve is complaining now? Do you work on a massive discount for your employer?
By disappeared, do you mean he sustained a Jones fracture that ultimately derailed his career...? lol

Dez was touted as being one of the hardest workers on the team and someone who loved football more than anything... and if that’s not enough, his in-game passion, style of play & playing through injuries should speak to how much he was “into football”. Y’all just be saying anything on here.

Tank should talk about how he’s the only guy on the defensive line consistently commanding double teams.

Well, top 3. Megatron was still in the league in 2015.

And he came back to play too early due to the delusion this team could still make it in 2015. Gave Romo another broken collarbone too.

Some people see a Dez yelling on the sideline and they think it's some thug or a cancer on the team. Witten yells and gives **** to other players and he's a gd leader!

He may not of been book smart, due to his rough beginnings but the dude loved football. May of had some off the field stuff early on but he still gave it all on the field.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. Or could he be the next Lawrence Taylor. It’s year one of his contract and most sane people would wait before judgment.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
By disappeared, do you mean he sustained a Jones fracture that ultimately derailed his career...? lol

Dez suffered a Romo fracture. Same thing that derailed the careers of people like Terrance Williams, Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson, etc.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Let’s hold off on these roster evaluator the better players until we see what they can do under this new coaching staff. Now those Jag’s, I have no problem kicking to the curb.

And all our safeties and corners are jags

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like his contract or the way he went about getting it but it's a bit early for me to say that Tank won't be productive, but that's on the negative side of being the next Dez. Dez did put up quite a few touchdowns so Tank has the ways to go as far as matching him with sacks, and Dez did purchase that monkey :laugh:
I just hope he didn't spank that poor monkey!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Tank, TANKED IN 2019. He got off on the wrong foot by delaying his shoulder surgery, THEN HELD A GUN TO THE TEAMS HEAD..and I am sure he wasn't 100% ready week 1. What made it worse was his attitude. He talked all kinds of crap on twitter, pushed his stupid merch line and then expected us to thank him and tell him how great of a guy and player he is. HE EITHER DOESNT CARE or is delusional. Is he part of the culture change we need? Is Jaylon also part of this? WE GONNA SOON FIND OUT. MM has the draft and free agency approaching. SOMETIMES players can talk themselves out of a job. Coupled with the fact we are likely changing our Defensive scheme. No player is safe outside of Dak and Zeke.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am actually starting to think we should have Dez back at least for a try out. Dude does have swag and passion for the game. Something we lacked this year outside of Dak.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Tank seems to be following the same career trajectory as Dez. Best on the team but not top 5. Complained until he got his money. Received top money. Then year one under his new deal he disappeared. About all he has done since he got his new deal is “talked” a lot.

I am concerned that he got his money and like Dez really isn’t all that into football at this point. Just talks a lot, and does very little.

Oh yay, the offseason's starting early... Good grief...

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Why keep calling him 'Tank'? He is more of a half-track at best.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
If we go to a 3-4 I think its on the board that he can get traded

So you are willing to suffer $36.9 MILLION in dead cap money? The earliest Dallas could trade him would be in 2021 when he would have $15 Million in dead money compared to a base salary of $22 Million, a cap savings of $7 Million.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Tank and Jaylon for sure. Zeke is somewhat more of a grey area.

we get to see Zeke more out there by himself trying to make a play.

jaylon does a lot of dancing around the line and rarely do we see a one on one great stop by him

tank often is lost in a pile and rarely is seen in a similar manner. That said he does seem to put a lot of effort into run stopping

Us vets are spoiled by the likes of Harvey Martin , Too Tall Jones, Randy White who gave us many clear one on one big stops / plays