Could Tank become the next Dez

Verdict

Reaction score
No, I just remember how you incessantly created “Dez needs to go” threads during his last season on the team.

Then you have the gall to create a “there’s to much negativity” recently.

So I guess you are a fan? If you would like I will sign some memorabilia for you. A cattle feed sack or something like that.

quickccc

Reaction score
:lmao: Sounds like something an Egals fan would say about Wentz. How long is this "bad shoulder" lasting after all?! Numbers don't line.
3m6swp.jpg

yeh it's a concern with me too.
But I do wonder if the shoulder surgery ended up being more complex and re-aggravating than what was led to believe.

And I would believe a bad shoulder excuse before I'll believe a " double teamed' excuse.
- As if he wasn't double teamed before he re-signed up for the big contract.

To make matters even more complex and perhaps more difficult in the very near future, we are likely to be switching to a 3-4 scheme.
Sure they may be some 4-3 hybrid looks. but that's in spots and certain packages. And it's been observed that some 4-3 ends are not
as natural and comfortable playing in a 3-4 scheme.

Even Quinn even had his difficulties and issues in that 3-4 scheme in his Miami days.
and other players as well ala Clowney, Mario Williams, etc.

Dlaw is going to take an OLB role similar to Anthony Spencer ( aka "almost Anthony ") and we'll have to see how this transpire as we have to have far
more than 4 to 5 sacks average per year than what Spencer knew out.

He clearly has a far more pure pass rush skill set than Spencer, and we should see some instances of 4-3 set from time to time, so hopefully
far better results will come out.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no telling what Tank will be. But at this point someone would have to be stretching the truth to say Tank was worth what we paid him last year.
Agreed on that, but there is nothing to indicate he didn't bust his butt and play hard. I also don't recall him complaining a lot before he got paid. He played a year under the franchise tag without complaining, and that's really pretty rare. Ultimately, I'm not quite ready to call the deal bad just yet. We'll see how I feel this time next year.

Verdict

Reaction score
Agreed on that, but there is nothing to indicate he didn't bust his butt and play hard. I also don't recall him complaining a lot before he got paid. He played a year under the franchise tag without complaining, and that's really pretty rare. Ultimately, I'm not quite ready to call the deal bad just yet. We'll see how I feel this time next year.

The Golden Cock “played hard” and probably had about the same number of sacks.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Golden Cock “played hard” and probably had about the same number of sacks.
I said he wasn't worth the money this year, I just said your claim that he didn't care about football didn't seem to fit.

Verdict

Reaction score
I can’t believe so many fans are willing to give him a pass after he held the team hostage with his surgery and then failed to produce.

Here’s what I think: Tank had better perform better than he did this year, or he will be at the top of the “move on from list” just like Dez was.

Verdict

Reaction score
I said he wasn't worth the money this year, I just said your claim that he didn't care about football didn't seem to fit.

This year was probably his worst year in which he played most of the year. When you factor in his cap hit, it looks even worse

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tank seems to be following the same career trajectory as Dez. Best on the team but not top 5. Complained until he got his money. Received top money. Then year one under his new deal he disappeared. About all he has done since he got his new deal is “talked” a lot.

I am concerned that he got his money and like Dez really isn’t all that into football at this point. Just talks a lot, and does very little.

This contract could be a “bust” boys and girls.
NO, too soon brah..

overreaction offseason has begun.. all who got paid were scapegoats for 2019 8-8 failure BUT it was total team effort coaches and players all contributed..

you know players have down season but Disappear, what in stat lines ie sacks only? he brought a lot of energy, pressure , and did well against the run for a 4-3 DE..he also funneled some sacks into others like Quinn because of his pressure and also he is constantly doubled an d chipped on..the team had issues and all get a reset with the new staff..reevaluate in 3years and we will know for sure..

Mack and Miller got paid big and one had 8 sacks and the other 8.5 not exactly 20mil worth wouldn't you say?

Verdict

Reaction score
NO, too soon brah..

overreaction offseason has begun.. all who got paid were scapegoats for 2019 8-8 failure BUT it was total team effort coaches and players all contributed..

you know players have down season but Disappear, what in stat lines ie sacks only? he brought a lot of energy, pressure , and did well against the run for a 4-3 DE..he also funneled some sacks into others like Quinn because of his pressure and also he is constantly doubled an d chipped on..the team had issues and all get a reset with the new staff..reevaluate in 3years and we will know for sure..

Mack and Miller got paid big and one had 8 sacks and the other 8.5 not exactly 20mil worth wouldn't you say?

8 sacks isn’t good but it’s almost double what Tank had. That’s horrible production.

Miley’s hope 20 is a better year for him.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Tank's number will go back up after Quinn leaves. You can't have two guys going all out to get to the QB on every play. Tank took a backseat to Quinn this year (intentionally) by playing the LDE like its suppose to be played. A run stopping, QB containment guy is what the LDE is suppose to be. Generally speaking.

That's why both Taco and myself wanted Taco to man that LDE spot. Because Taco was not athletic enough or quick enough to play the RDE spot. But leave up to Garrett and the guys to keeping trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Tank was just being a team player last year.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Tank's number will go back up after Quinn leaves. You can't have two guys going all out to get to the QB on every play. Tank took a backseat to Quinn this year (intentionally) by playing the LDE like its suppose to be played. A run stopping, QB containment guy is what the LDE is suppose to be. Generally speaking.

That's why both Taco and myself wanted Taco to man that LDE spot. Because Taco was not athletic enough or quick enough to play the RDE spot. But leave up to Garrett and the guys to keeping trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

You do not give a run stopping DE over $100 Million....period.

Verdict

Reaction score
You do not give a run stopping DE over $100 Million....period.

Preach it. You pay for a guy to put pressure on the QB. He needs to be getting sacks, pressures, hurrys and knockdowns almost every play for the money he is making.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
:lmao: Sounds like something an Egals fan would say about Wentz. How long is this "bad shoulder" lasting after all?! Numbers don't line.
3m6swp.jpg

His PFF grade was 86.3 for the season. He also was doubled a ton this year.

Fans, like you, generally just look at sacks.

Verdict

Reaction score

Let me get this straight—Tank was being a team player by refusing to get surgery which most likely affected his season. Ok. Is that your final answer? Do you need a lifeline?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
His PFF grade was 86.3 for the season. He also was doubled a ton this year.

Fans, like you, generally just look at sacks.

You say he was doubled but why then wouldn't he be doubled in 2017 and 2018 when he put up big sack numbers and had no opposing DE to help take pressure off of him from being doubled? This season Dallas had Quinn on the other side and he put up double digit numbers in sacks so why wouldn't an offense double him instead?

The doubling argument doesn't hold weight. You can say his decision to postpone his surgery played into the season or you can say he was simply performing for a new contract and once he got it, his performance dropped dramatically.

Verdict

Reaction score
You say he was doubled but why then wouldn't he be doubled in 2017 and 2018 when he put up big sack numbers and had no opposing DE to help take pressure off of him from being doubled? This season Dallas had Quinn on the other side and he put up double digit numbers in sacks so why wouldn't an offense double him instead?

The doubling argument doesn't hold weight. You can say his decision to postpone his surgery played into the season or you can say he was simply performing for a new contract and once he got it, his performance dropped dramatically.

You are using facts. That’s not fair! Lol.

Verdict

Reaction score

These guys act like Tank was suddenly “discovered” by the opposing team because he got paid. Nothing changed except for his production.

They will make excuses for him just like they did Dez until we end up cutting him in two years (unless things change).