Could this be Sean Lees last season playing football?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
he’s maximized every ounce of natural ability his body gave him. He looks like his natural body weight should be like 190. I think his hamstrings are never gonna cooperate and he’s gonna be our head defensive coordinator after playing a few more seasons.

But there’s potential here imo for him to step aside and avoid all this consternation.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If the Cowboys were smart they would try to keep him on the team somehow.

Reduce his role, make him a coach, whatever you gotta do but keep him in that building.

He can still play and he may actually extend his career playing as a backup.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If the Cowboys were smart they would try to keep him on the team somehow.

Reduce his role, make him a coach, whatever you gotta do but keep him in that building.

He can still play and he may actually extend his career playing as a backup.

He’s gonna be a cowboy lifer they had this guy pegged early in his draft process

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
he’s maximized every ounce of natural ability his body gave him. He looks like his natural body weight should be like 190. I think his hamstrings are never gonna cooperate and he’s gonna be our head defensive coordinator after playing a few more seasons.

But there’s potential here imo for him to step aside and avoid all this consternation.

$7,000,000 in cap savings and only $3,000,000 in dead cap if traded or released pre or post June 2019. Blasphemy right but see D ware

endersdragon

Reaction score
I think he either takes a paycut or this is his last year as a player (they will keep him as the LB coach). He's just not worth $7,000,000 when we need to get money for a lot of guys especially DLaw.

T-RO

Reaction score
$7,000,000 in cap savings and only $3,000,000 in dead cap if traded or released pre or post June 2019. Blasphemy right but see D ware

There's that and also I think Lee is the type of guy who takes tremendous pride in his play and his contributions.

He's only played 5 games this year and in some of those he hasn't looked like himself. Does Sean wants to continue his career as an oft-injured back-up, semi-contributor? I doubt it.

I'd like to see the team offer him a full-time coaching gig w/a financial package that honors his service to the team.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If there's fire in his belly, he will want to take it to the field.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Those, who, without thinking or knowing what it takes to be an NFL coach, or the progression a coach needs to get to the NFL, are just plain stupid.
On the other hand, on the Cowboys team, where a nobody like Kellen Moore can go from playing to coaching, anything is possible.

Still, in the NFL, just because you are popular or a good player and have the correct skin color, that does not confer upon you the right to leap-frog 1,000 other qualified coaches to coach in the NFL.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Those, who, without thinking or knowing what it takes to be an NFL coach, or the progression a coach needs to get to the NFL, are just plain stupid.
On the other hand, on the Cowboys team, where a nobody like Kellen Moore can go from playing to coaching, anything is possible.

Still, in the NFL, just because you are popular or a good player and have the correct skin color, that does not confer upon you the right to leap-frog 1,000 other qualified coaches to coach in the NFL.

With all due respect Gimme, Sean Lee has been a Linebacker Coach since his second or third year in the league. He without a doubt will be an excellent defensive coach.

GMO415

Reaction score
Sean Lee aka Mr Glass
latest

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
With all due respect Gimme, Sean Lee has been a Linebacker Coach since his second or third year in the league. He without a doubt will be an excellent defensive coach.
He's been a coach?
Well, boy howdy, bloke, guess I was wrong!:rolleyes:
And this will be distressing news to the 1,000 other more qualified coaches --- of all colors --- to know they will have to wait because of your enthusiasm for a brittle player. I mean, he can play, correct. Then of course he knows how to coach!

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
He’ll go to another team and all of a sudden get healthy. He’ll have 3-4 more all pro healthy years.

See Terrance Newman (STILL PLAYING!!)

See Demarcus Ware

gmoney112

Reaction score
Here's what will happen

They'll extend him for 3 more years for cheap, then they'll prorate his hit next year through the life of that extension. We'll still be able to get out from under it basically anytime we want.

He'll stay 2 more years as depth and basically a player coach.

lwehlers

Reaction score
He's going to finish his career in another uniform.

lee will probably finish his career with a playoff team like the steelers or patriots at a much lower salary. I think that the cowboys will move on and draft another linebacker in the middle rounds.