Couple of interesting prospect notes from Pauline's board

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm starting to think Lawerence may be the only player we all can guess he's going 1st overall. After that, who knows until NFL coaches and scouts start breaking them down.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I agree, doesn't mean he lacks instincts, just one person's point of view, but it make you pause a little bit, especially if they use a top 5 pick to select him.

You can sort of see it in the tiny bit of tape out there. When he's not blitzing, he's regularly a step behind other defenders in deducing plays. He's so incredibly gifted physically though that he makes up for it.

I think Parsons may have the highest upside of any defender, but man would I be trigger shy with that pick.

cjlopez

Reaction score
If you don't to LB at 4th or DL - I think you have to trade down, because I am not sure you want to use a 4th for players who might be available later in Round 1. Somebody will won't to move up to get a QB....or a WR. I think moving down to around 10th you might still be able to get a solid OL and or a LB. I like Parsons, but he has to be a difference maker.....

Xavier187

Reaction score
If you don't to LB at 4th or DL - I think you have to trade down, because I am not sure you want to use a 4th for players who might be available later in Round 1. Somebody will won't to move up to get a QB....or a WR. I think moving down to around 10th you might still be able to get a solid OL and or a LB. I like Parsons, but he has to be a difference maker.....

No dl not worth it if your extending Smith sorry.

I would trade down no matter and gain more picks. I want Surtain or Horn unless Parsons falls. A good lb fall back option is Joe Tyrone or Hamilcar Rashard.

Js both would suffice

cjlopez

Reaction score
I can see trading down, but how much and for who. You better have a few players targeted later in the Rounds. Plus with this year being what it was in College....you better hope your scouting dept is ready to pick and have more picks. This is not the year to have Premium Picks...I think more is better this year to cast a wider net. I do think we need a CB...so I won't argue there, but we also need to come out with a LB and an OFFENSIVE LINEMAN.

Sydla

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm starting to think Lawerence may be the only player we all can guess he's going 1st overall. After that, who knows until NFL coaches and scouts start breaking them down.

You can almost guarantee that Sewell will go to the Bengals either at 2 or 3 (where they will likely be picking).

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is definitely true for Parsons.

I don't but the instincts thing, necessarily, but he definitely gets away with dancing around blocks in a way that he won't be able to in the NFL.

We better fix the interior of the DL or these slip type linebackers are going to struggle, which I believe both Lve/Jaylon fall into that category as does Parsons.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We needed Lawrence badly. Everything else is a road to mediocrity.

Sewell is our 2nd best option as of now I think. He solves quite a few problems for this team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
There is a lot to love about Micah Parsons, as he’s a tall, athletic linebacker who makes plays all over the field and impacts games. Parsons is fast in a straight line as well as laterally, makes plays both behind the line of scrimmage and in pursuit, and covers a great amount of area on the field in coverage.

While he has great upside, I am concerned about his instincts. Parsons is a bit slow to read and diagnose on occasion, but he makes up for it at the college level with superior athleticism. That won’t be as easy in the NFL.

11. Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama

Patrick Surtain II is a big, physical corner who has a great combination of athleticism and muscle. He physically beats down opponents to defend the pass, but I’m concerned with the way he constantly faceguards opponents and rarely gets his head back around to locate the ball.

4. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

Penei Sewell is a fluid, strong left tackle who easily slides out in pass protections and shows a lot of ability blocking in motion. He’s fundamentally sound, strong, and has upside.

If there is one red flag in Sewell’s game, it’s that he doesn’t block with a nasty attitude. Unlike many other top-rated offensive linemen, I don’t see Sewell working to bury opponents into the ground. Otherwise, he’s a sensational left tackle prospect for the next level.
Ability to play the ball when it arrives is my top criteria for CBs.

Awuzie is big and fast. Not a burner but faster than many successful CBs. The problem is that he struggles to play at the point the ball arrives.

An off-ball LB needs to be a perfect player in order to be worth a top 10 pick.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Ability to play the ball when it arrives is my top criteria for CBs.

Awuzie is big and fast. Not a burner but faster than many successful CBs. The problem is that he struggles to play at the point the ball arrives.

An off-ball LB needs to be a perfect player in order to be worth a top 10 pick.

I agree, better be a three down player and have star abilities against both the run and the pass.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
5. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
There is a lot to love about Micah Parsons, as he’s a tall, athletic linebacker who makes plays all over the field and impacts games. Parsons is fast in a straight line as well as laterally, makes plays both behind the line of scrimmage and in pursuit, and covers a great amount of area on the field in coverage.

While he has great upside, I am concerned about his instincts. Parsons is a bit slow to read and diagnose on occasion, but he makes up for it at the college level with superior athleticism. That won’t be as easy in the NFL.

11. Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama

Patrick Surtain II is a big, physical corner who has a great combination of athleticism and muscle. He physically beats down opponents to defend the pass, but I’m concerned with the way he constantly faceguards opponents and rarely gets his head back around to locate the ball.

4. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

Penei Sewell is a fluid, strong left tackle who easily slides out in pass protections and shows a lot of ability blocking in motion. He’s fundamentally sound, strong, and has upside.

If there is one red flag in Sewell’s game, it’s that he doesn’t block with a nasty attitude. Unlike many other top-rated offensive linemen, I don’t see Sewell working to bury opponents into the ground. Otherwise, he’s a sensational left tackle prospect for the next level.
Who the hell is Pauline and what does she know?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
This guy has to be kidding about Sewell. The dude is as nasty As they come. He plays with a ton of aggression.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Surtain got burnt bad this week but most people wont see it because we dropped it. I dont want him at all in round 1.
I saw the play. The safety blew the coverage. The problem with Surtain is Alabama is just too good defensively to rate him. To be honest I feel the same about the quarterbacks (Lawrence and Fields). As a freshman Surtain held his own against Murray and CeeDee he is legit.