Cowboy Excitement

Mannix

Reaction score
Ok....I thought of an interesting question this afternoon. However, I found my answer to be both sad and pathetic when I thought about it. Q: When was the last time you came on here and read news that made your jaw drop, and got you excited? Mine would have to be the release of Jaclyn Smith....way back on October 5th. How sad is that given that some teams have had great news for their fans several times in the last 1-2 months alone. And doubly sad given that my giddiness was due only because of a player's release....not even an acquisition. Let me hear from ya!!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ok....I thought of an interesting question this afternoon. However, I found my answer to be both sad and pathetic when I thought about it. Q: When was the last time you came on here and read news that made your jaw drop, and got you excited? Mine would have to be the release of Jaclyn Smith....way back on October 5th. How sad is that given that some teams have had great news for their fans several times in the last 1-2 months alone. And doubly sad given that my giddiness was due only because of a player's release....not even an acquisition. Let me hear from ya!!!
I wonder how great Packers and Chiefs fans felt when they traded Hill and Adams…I think you overestimate teams waking up to great news. I believe this week during the draft you will get this feeling you are asking for.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
When the presser was on announcing the hiring of Parcells.
Yes I know. It's been a long drought.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
News that made my jaw drop? It probably wasn’t a good move.

it was probably the Zeke extension.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As I recall, Quinn was dedicated to rushing the QB whether it was on a passing play or not. Consequently, he often allowed RBs to have a free pass on defending running plays on his side. He also committed the unforgivable sin of being too well paid for this FO's frugal ways. That standard is something that never fails to come first with this ownership and its frugal management. Whether it was right or wrong is subject to personal interpretation. I hated to see him leave but it happens all the time, here and elsewhere.

Last edited:

RS12

Reaction score
2016 season when they went 13 and 3 and never had to leave Texas in entire playoffs. Didnt quite pan out. Probably never be set up
like that again.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the trade for amari cooper.

dlaw's new deal this off-season caught me off guard in a good way.
to go from thinking we're gonna ditch him to making a new deal with him was unexpected good news.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
For me it’s not a single event or a single game, but watching Micah turn out last year to be something special was exciting for me. OK that excitement is tempered by the reality that our management isn’t going to take us to the top for a long time, but he’s such a great player to watch.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The release of Jaylo Smith was definitely one of the happier moments for me last year. Garrett getting canned was probably my best day in 14 years as a Cowboys fan.

I wouldnt say excited, but I was happy to hear them make the decision to move on from Cooper and Collins. Both necessary moves in rebuilding the roster correctly.

Zeke getting cut will be the next big day for me.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amari Coopers trade.

When I saw what the Cowboys got, speechless!!!!!!!!

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
After our last playoff appearance, there has been absolutely nothing that has excited me. I will still watch and root for our team. That loss was putrid.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Mannix, I know you and I love the 70’s shows but she was in Charlie’s Angel.

GMO415

Reaction score
JG was fired, but that too was short lived when they hired MM.