Cowboy execs: white flag of surrender on TO?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2486141 said:
I think the team could get a HUGE LIFT from an IMMEDIATE suspension.

I seriously think they would win...just like NY won big when they suspended Burress.

Considering an exec in the Cowboys FO applauded Werder, could this be a possibility? I wonder who this exec is, FWIW?

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
My money would have been on Witten kicking TO's arse!!!

Beast_from_East

No doubt. Witten would throw him to the ground and beat the living bleep out the guy.

All America would be happy for a week.

That would be Christmas-come-early.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Boysboy;2486146 said:
Considering an exec in the Cowboys FO applauded Werder, could this be a possibility? I wonder who this exec is, FWIW?

Anybody thinking what I am thinking???

Cough.....Steven Jones.....cough.

;)

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
You know the exec isn't Jerry. Jerry has been hiding in the bathroom based on many reports.

I gotta think it's Stephen.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I would not be so quick to side with Witten when it sound like MOST of the team is siding with Owens

WG5516

Reaction score
bbailey423;2486160 said:
I would not be so quick to side with Witten when it sound like MOST of the team is siding with Owens

I wouldn't either, but Witten doesn't have a known history with this sort of thing. You just don't know who to believe, but the presumption is that T.O. has caused more drama.

lol Seriously guys, I'm laughing my *** off right now. I feel as though I'm watching a storyline unfold on a bad soap opera or the WWE. I have given T.O. the benefit of doubt a lot since he's been here, and I'm still sorta siding with him on this issue. It seems as if he did everything by the book. He went to his position coach, then to the coach above him instead of creating a scene with Romo and it's still a huge issue. Seeing as though the meetings took place on Monday and the news didn't leak untill Wednesday, someone on the team started feelin their man-poosay and leaked this info.

But sadly, I feel as though his time is up. Cap hit or not, he has to go.

The Panch

Reaction score
bbailey423;2486160 said:
There's alot of egos on this team. Not saying Witten can do no wrong, but come on now.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The Panch;2486166 said:
There's alot of egos on this team. Not saying Witten can do no wrong, but come on now.
but if the defensive guys are siding with Owens....if the head coach is ALWAYS saying we have to get TO the ball....why would you assume it is in our best interest to throw TO out the room?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
bbailey423;2486168 said:
but if the defensive guys are siding with Owens....if the head coach is ALWAYS saying we have to get TO the ball....why would you assume it is in our best interest to throw TO out the room?

It's not as though TO has never had people on his side at his previous stops. There will always be those who side with him thinking of him as misunderstood or treated unfairly.

Then there are those who actually pay attention to reality and they realize that his cheese has done slid off his cracker.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423 are you new to this sitation?

People are on to Owens. All America knows his act. There maybe a few weak minded pawns in the Cowboy locker room and that's who the cancer is good at manipulating.

Jerry and ALL Cowboy players will either disown TO or the whole team will crash and burn.

There are certainly other issues this team has to address. But you start by getting the snake out of the lockeroom.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
bbailey423;2486160 said:

I guess I might have missed it but I didn't see anything where anyone said anything close to picking sides.

The Panch

Reaction score
bbailey423;2486168 said:
T.O. has swag, charisma, personality, etc. and this game is full of all that, so it's not a surprise players would take his side. It could be motivated by production, class, race, egos, etc. but never count out the affect a person like Owens can have.

There's the saying T.O. has phrased himself. If it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, then it must be a rat.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2486170 said:
bbailey423 are you new to this sitation?

People are on to Owens. All America knows his act. There maybe a few weak minded pawns in the Cowboy locker room and that's who the cancer is good at manipulating.

Jerry and ALL Cowboy players will either disown TO or the whole team will crash and burn.

There are certainly other issues this team has to address. But you start by getting the snake out of the lockeroom.
according to what I have read....it sounds like Witten and his agent are giving Ed Werder inside information on what goes on in the COwboy lockeroom....if true that is a MAJOR MAJOR no no. It says other players confronted Witten about this....and this agent is the agent for Bill Parcells. And do not think for one second that a big reason Parcells is not here is TO. Do not think that Parcells gave Jerry and ultimatum....TO or me. And don't forget Parcells tried to strong arm Jerry for another extension and did not get it. In other words, do NOT put pass Parcells to want to get some revenge. Which is why another on of his cronnies, Keyshawn is always taking shots at TO and Dallas.

Boysboy

Reaction score
The Panch;2486174 said:
T.O. has swag, charisma, personality, etc. and this game is full of all that, so it's not a surprise players would take his side. It could be motivated by production, class, race, egos, etc. but never count out the affect a person like Owens can have.

There's the saying T.O. has phrased himself. If it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, then it must be a rat.

Did you see "Any Given Sunday" by any chance? That locker room also best described that team as well.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2486172 said:
I guess I might have missed it but I didn't see anything where anyone said anything close to picking sides.
I guess you did not hear the Newman interview...I guess you did not hear Newman say the guys on defense are always coming up to Owens and asking him why is he not getting the ball...I guess you did not hear Newman say Romo forces the ball to Witten in practice and gets it picked.

Boysboy

Reaction score
bbailey423;2486177 said:
according to what I have read....it sounds like Witten and his agent are giving Ed Werder inside information on what goes on in the COwboy lockeroom....if true that is a MAJOR MAJOR no no. It says other players confronted Witten about this....and this agent is the agent for Bill Parcells. And do not think for one second that a big reason Parcells is not here is TO. Do not think that Parcells gave Jerry and ultimatum....TO or me. And don't forget Parcells tried to strong arm Jerry for another extension and did not get it. In other words, do NOT put pass Parcells to want to get some revenge. Which is why another on of his cronnies, Keyshawn is always taking shots at TO and Dallas.

There were also reports that if Parcells wanted to part ways with TO the year after, Jerry would have granted him his wishes.

Our season is shot to **** now, but I wouldn't go that far. I believe Parcells already had plans to go to the Senior Bowl prior to him unexpectedly bolting. Plus Tuna is having the time of his life in Miami now, I don't think he gives 2 ***** about Dallas anymore.

The Panch

Reaction score
Boysboy;2486179 said:
Did you see "Any Given Sunday" by any chance? That locker room also best described that team as well.
This type of stuff has been going on. The NFL is only rivaled by the NBA in terms of the sport with the most egos. There's your hard workers who do what's best for the team. There's your hard workers who do what's best for them. There's your "I just signed my extension, so Im gonna half *** it for the rest of my career" characters. There's your quiet type and overly emotional. You have characters who have nothing in common, but a pro level talent of the same sport and they're thrust into an enivorment that relies soley on team and unity and most in this day and age dont end up like that.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Gotta love the BP haters - they now have him involved in all this. Talk about not being able to let go.
I would be incredibly disapointed if it was Indeed Witten narcing on TO. Witten has always appeared to me to be as stand up a guy as you get.
I guess its POSSIBLE that Witten's agent is talking without Witten knowing about it- but that is doubtful.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
bbailey423;2486180 said:
I guess you did not hear the Newman interview...I guess you did not hear Newman say the guys on defense are always coming up to Owens and asking him why is he not getting the ball...I guess you did not hear Newman say Romo forces the ball to Witten in practice and gets it picked.

Nope, didn't hear the Newman interview.

Thought you were commenting about the thread you posted in. My bad.

I still wouldn't call 1 guys words "most of the team".

I really hope that the players on this team don't think they would be better off without Tony then they would be without TO.

Boysboy

Reaction score
burmafrd;2486184 said:
Gotta love the BP haters - they now have him involved in all this. Talk about not being able to let go.
I would be incredibly disapointed if it was Indeed Witten narcing on TO. Witten has always appeared to me to be as stand up a guy as you get.
I guess its POSSIBLE that Witten's agent is talking without Witten knowing about it- but that is doubtful.

No, but Witten's agent, who represents Parcells, probably talked him into it.

If Parcells is doing this out of revenge, I hope he rots.