Cowboy execs: white flag of surrender on TO?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Dcz84;2486311 said:
It was'nt just 1 guy 2 players in the team meeting singled out witten for what he did. Sorry Jay is 1 of my fav players but what he did was wrong and he is getting a free pass.
Yet o

What did he do?

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
bbailey423;2486160 said:
I would not be so quick to side with Witten when it sound like MOST of the team is siding with Owens

"Most"...really? I don't know about that. I'm sure a pretty large percentage are tired of having to hear about TO's complaints week after week. I think "most" respect Witten for what he does on and off the field. I also think many are probably tired of TO's act - how could they not be?
Needless to say, unless we took a team poll, we don't really know how most of the team feels.

Dcz84

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2486313 said:
What did he do?
IDK maybe most of you guys think it's all right to backstab your teammates but some at Valley Ranch dont think it's funny.
So let me ask you how's the bigger whiner the guy that does it out in the open or the guy who goes behind his back and whines about the player whining. Who's the bigger whiner?:laugh1:

EagleHarry

Reaction score
Man, this all sounds too familiar to Owens' last days in Philly. The whining about the QB, malcontent behavior, the coming to physical blows in the locker room (if true), and the choosing of sides between players.

Man, that guy can sure produce when he's on his game, but is it all worth it? This is the same ol' deal with Owens and it's hard to not conclude that he's a sure cancer to a locker room.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Dcz84;2486364 said:
IDK maybe most of you guys think it's all right to backstab your teammates but some at Valley Ranch dont think it's funny.
So let me ask you how's the bigger whiner the guy that does it out in the open or the guy who goes behind his back and whines about the player whining. Who's the bigger whiner?:laugh1:

I think history has shown that TO is one of the biggest whiners in the history of professional sports. He takes the cake regardless of whether he decides to do some or all of it publicly. I don't see Witten running off and doing interviews with Deion to complain about touches after a huge win. TO is becoming the immature, self-centered cancer he has proven to be time and time again.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
EagleHarry;2486366 said:
Man, this all sounds too familiar to Owens' last days in Philly. The whining about the QB, malcontent behavior, the coming to physical blows in the locker room (if true), and the choosing of sides between players.

Man, that guy can sure produce when he's on his game, but is it all worth it? This is the same ol' deal with Owens and it's hard to not conclude that he's a sure cancer to a locker room.

As soon as I seen D Rosenhaus on TV yesterday that's what I thought.
If I remeber correctly he was in Philly right before the end .

EagleHarry

Reaction score
Certainly, Drew has to be in Owens' ear stating some facts, like: "you're no spring chicken", "behavior like this didn't work out so well for you on the last team", and "you blow this gig with the Cowboys I'll get you on another team, but at your age you can kiss the giant paycheck goodbye".

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
as much of a T.O. Fan I am I'm a cowboys fan first and this cannot be tolerated and it might be time to set him free. I thought he wised up but god forbid he learn a lesson.

khiladi

Reaction score
bbailey423;2486160 said:
I would not be so quick to side with Witten when it sound like MOST of the team is siding with Owens

If the stories are true, Owens kept everything in-house. It was Witten that had the stories leaked.

The hypcorisy is laughable...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
khiladi;2486495 said:
If the stories are true, Owens kept everything in-house. It was Witten that had the stories leaked.

Fa Shizzle!

cowboys4life

Reaction score
we may never know whats up until 10 years down the road when there is an "america's game" special!! lol...now if we win sunday night....does this go away??

khiladi

Reaction score
cowboys4life;2486526 said:
we may never know whats up until 10 years down the road when there is an "america's game" special!! lol...now if we win sunday night....does this go away??

No, because the offensive problems are a result of Jason Garrett. Unless he changes his approach, the problems will be there. A win will only mask these problems.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
EagleHarry;2486417 said:
Certainly, Drew has to be in Owens' ear stating some facts, like: "you're no spring chicken", "behavior like this didn't work out so well for you on the last team", and "you blow this gig with the Cowboys I'll get you on another team, but at your age you can kiss the giant paycheck goodbye".

Unfortunately for Drew his client is certifiably insane.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
khiladi;2486495 said:

He kept it "in house" by going on national television in an exclusive interview with Deion and pointing fingers and his QB and his offensive coordinator's system (the same exact system he thrived in last year).

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
It was the butler, in the study with a candlestick. Book it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
khiladi;2486530 said:
No, because the offensive problems are a result of Jason Garrett. Unless he changes his approach, the problems will be there. A win will only mask these problems.

Bingo. We have a winner folks.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2486541 said:
Unfortunately for Drew his client is certifiably insane.

Yes. I'm assuming you're his shrink. You must be to have that knowledge of his mental well being. :rolleyes:

khiladi

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2486546 said:
He kept it "in house" by going on national television in an exclusive interview with Deion and pointing fingers and his QB and his offensive coordinator's system (the same exact system he thrived in last year).

He put the blame on Tony Romo in that interview? Please... Is that why, after the 49ers game, the game after the interview, he gave all the props in the world to TR? We are talking about this latest issue... You know the one that states that it was Witten that caused the leak. All the reports about ths incident are that all 3 WRs, not just TO, had a meeting with Jason Garrett regarding the offense. They didn't go to the media, they didn't have their agents leak anything. Like i said, how does your comment absolve Witten, if the reports are true?

Oh yeah, it doesn't... Like I said, the stench of hypocrisy...

BTW, TO thrived in that system in the beginning of the year. By the end of the year, everybody caught on to Garrett, and this offense collpased. It colappsed in the play-offs and it is collapsing this year. This offense is ghetto-ball. It was horrible with Sparano and it is horrible with Garrett, as far as it concerns the system. This offense is predicated on TR keeping drives alive with his pocket presence and TO getting behind the coverage. When TO went down last year, this offense suffered. When TR went down this year, the offense suffered. It didn't just decline, it went to totaly crap.