Cowboy execs: white flag of surrender on TO?

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
khiladi;2486637 said:
Ah, so TO being, which is it, ninth on the all-time receiving list for WRs is the mark of a receiver that gives up on routes and is always dropping balls.. A WR that is most likely a hall of fame receiver...

I thought so...

you're sidestepping the question cuz ya know it's true,,,

NEXT~!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
khiladi;2486637 said:
Ah, so TO being, which is it, ninth on the all-time receiving list for WRs is the mark of a receiver that gives up on routes and is always dropping balls.. A WR that is most likely a hall of fame receiver...

I thought so...

It's kinda difficult to get there if you aren't catching passes. You can't catch passes if you're constantly giving up on routes and dropping balls. Hrmmm.. Something does not compute. :huh:

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
what's not computing is your assessment of the CURRENT Owens,, are you denying that he has been giving up on routes (A very recent one at the very beginning of the last game comes to mind), not to mention his rare attempts to fight for the jump ball. Nevermind, you've got your agenda and I'll never sway you from it.

khiladi

Reaction score
EGG;2486641 said:
you're sidestepping the question cuz ya know it's true,,,

NEXT~!

actually, your side-stepping the issue... Your the one that made the original contention that Witten cannot be blamed, because he doesn't quite on routes and always gives one hundred percent... How does TO not do that when he is pretty much one of the best WRs o play the game? Do you understand your logic? What your logic amounts to is that TO is so damn good that he doesn't even have to give one hundred percent, and yet he is pretty much a HOF receiver...

It's a nice try though to avoid the point, when you say 'next'...

khiladi

Reaction score
EGG;2486657 said:
what's not computing is your assessment of the CURRENT Owens,, are you denying that he has been giving up on routes (A very recent one at the very beginning of the last game comes to mind), not to mention his rare attempts to fight for the jump ball. Nevermind, you've got your agenda and I'll never sway you from it.

Even the good old Troy Aikman said that TR shouldn't have thrown that pass and the pass itself was bad... Your point? Witten didn't run his route properly on the last play that was intercepted... Maybe if he was practicing more, he wouldn't have forgotten the actual play?

TO also went down and caught that guy 60 yards after falling down, when TR forced a ball in the red-zone resulting in another INT this year.... That isn't current? Where was Witten? When TO caught upto Felix to block for him on that seventy yard run or so, where was Witten? That wasn't current...

ethiostar

Reaction score
khiladi;2486661 said:
Even the good old Troy Aikman said that TR shouldn't have thrown that pass and the pass itself was bad... Your point?

TO also went down and caught that guy 60 yards after falling down, when TR forced a ball in the red-zone resulting in another INT.... Where was Witten?

Don't want to get in the middle of this but Witten doesn't have the speed that TO does.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
khiladi;2486659 said:
actually, your side-stepping the issue... Your the one that made the original contention that Witten cannot be blamed, because he doesn't quite on routes and always gives one hundred percent...

It's a nice try though to avoid the point, when you say 'next'...

you're not even close,,, the original contention was all about TO and his inconsistancy and Romo's comfort level with the players that put in consistent routes and effort.

It's not about Witten, how can you blame a guy that consistently does his job? jeez,,, It's about Romo's comfort level with TO and Romo's adversity to risk, which is what he gets when he throws TO's direction.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
EGG;2486657 said:

Good move.

khiladi

Reaction score
ethiostar;2486667 said:
Don't want to get in the middle of this but Witten doesn't have the speed that TO does.

Which is the point? We don't know what the hell goes on in a football field. Maybe Witten stopped, because he knew he couldn't do anything about it. Maybe TO stops on a route because he knows there is nothing he can do about it in the context of a play...

It's easy to take things out of context...

khiladi

Reaction score
EGG;2486673 said:
you're not even close,,, the original contention was all about TO and his inconsistancy and Romo's comfort level with the players that put in consistent routes and effort.

It's not about Witten, how can you blame a guy that consistently does his job? jeez,,,

No, I get it.. You were trying to absolve Witten based upon some claims that he gives it his all and TO doesn't... I stated that Witgten blew the play that resulted in the INT and he missed the block that resulted in Anderson getting tackled.. You then responded that Witten does it once in awhile, but TO does it all the time... And then I stated if that is true, how did he become a HOF receiver? You conveniently changed the argument to 'current'. I then pointed out to you that is just not true and gave you two clear examples where TO hustled his butt off for other teammates in the current season.

Further:

All reports have TO giving 100 hundred percent effort in practice. Hell, reports around Valley Ranch before the Steelers game were saying TO and TR were both totally focused in practice... He wasn't giving his effort on game-day, but he was in practice?

Owens overall career is way longer than Witten's and he's played with more scrubs that Witten has ever played with, and he still has a HOF career... He has a hall of fame career of giving effort, even with scrubs as QBs. What makes you think he doesn't give effort?

Every criticism of TO has been that he doesn't mesh with other personalities... Not a single one says he doesn't give effort...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
EGG;2486681 said:
good non-answer :p:

The rest really wasn't worth answering but just to appease you..

Yes. I am saying perception is not reality.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bleu Star;2486683 said:
The rest really wasn't worth answering but just to appease you..

Yes. I am saying perception is not reality.

ah, okay, well if I can't use film and facts on you,,,

noletime95

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2486643 said:
It's kinda difficult to get there if you aren't catching passes. You can't catch passes if you're constantly giving up on routes and dropping balls. Hrmmm.. Something does not compute. :huh:

If you gotta choose Romo or TO...which way do you go?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
bbailey423;2486177 said:
according to what I have read....it sounds like Witten and his agent are giving Ed Werder inside information on what goes on in the COwboy lockeroom....if true that is a MAJOR MAJOR no no. It says other players confronted Witten about this....and this agent is the agent for Bill Parcells. And do not think for one second that a big reason Parcells is not here is TO. Do not think that Parcells gave Jerry and ultimatum....TO or me. And don't forget Parcells tried to strong arm Jerry for another extension and did not get it. In other words, do NOT put pass Parcells to want to get some revenge. Which is why another on of his cronnies, Keyshawn is always taking shots at TO and Dallas.

What about when Owens went to the media after the first Washington game and complained about his lack of touches? What about when Owens went to Deion Sanders and complained about Garrett's offense? What about when Owens created dissension within his own team by perpetuating rumors of clandestine meetings between his quarterback and tight end?

Bottom line: Witten has always been a team player. He's played with a broken jaw, cracked ribs, and a sprained ankle. Meanwhile, Owens's reputation as a team player is specious at best, and dissension and controversy have followed him wherever he's gone.

Are you really trying to lay this controversy at Witten's feet?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
noletime95;2486698 said:
If you gotta choose Romo or TO...which way do you go?

I want both. I simply want them to succeed and achieve what they have the potential to achieve together along with the other 51 guys... If that's so wrong then so be it.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2486762 said:
I want both. I simply want them to succeed and achieve what they have the potential to achieve together along with the other 51 guys... If that's so wrong then so be it.
FWIW, this is what I want too. I just want them all to figure out a way to play together and win.

TO has too much talent to just flush. I know folks will say this is how TO is but with the talent he has I cannot help but want to see it all work out here.

Winning makes all this crap go away.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2486762 said:

Who knows?

Maybe this Sunday, right before the game, the light will come on, and the Cowboys will pull it all together and defeat the Giants.

I must concede that I'm not very optimistic, however. As this story progresses and more details are unearthed, it seems as if the end is getting nearer and nearer.