Cowboy execs: white flag of surrender on TO?

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Ozzu;2486841 said:
And seems much less genuine than I thought it was at the time.

Pity that.

I was really hoping that the move I initially opposed would ultimately turn out for the best. I supposed it worked well for a few seasons. Can't complain with the production and lack of drama up to this point.

I'm still hoping all this will blow over but I admit that my faith is starting to waver somewhat.

VACowboy

Reaction score
WG5516;2486135 said:
I can't believe how ridiculous all of this is. I would say suspend T.O. on Monday, but I don't think this team will make it till Sunday without another altercation. Something seriously needs to be done ASAP!

It's not gonna happen if it doesn't come from Jerry, sad as that is.

Witten is my favorite Cowboy.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Ozzu;2486113 said:
I'll choose Witten over TO everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Not me, T.O. everyday of the week and 10 times on Sunday

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
bbgun;2486908 said:
http://img244.*************/img244/6443/87776893lz5.jpg

:laugh1:

Is that Jerry at the captain's wheel with a snifter of brandy?

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi you are in the .00001 minority -- the remaining TO fans who deny all to protect your boy....at all costs.

This offense has produced EXACTLY like last year under RED when Tony has been healthy and has had his receivers run their routes appropriately.

No doubt Tony has had some wheels-off games with turnovers but did last year too.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Witten everyday of the week and 10 times on Sunday

TO....never again. Suspend him now. Cut him loose.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
ethiostar you are right

TO does have the most speed....to point a finger, to gossip, to destroy.

Niners. Eagles. Cowboys. Death.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Ozzu;2486841 said:
And seems much less genuine than I thought it was at the time.

He was lobbying for a new contract. Most Zoners didn't see it then, but I saw it. My reaction was, "Jerry PLEASE NOOOOOOO!!".

ethiostar

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487131 said:
ethiostar you are right

Ooookaaaay!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487131 said:
ethiostar you are right

Throw in the Ravens as well-remember the Niners initially traded him there in '04, but Owens did everything he could to void it, that he and his agent set up an arbitration hearing IN Philly(somehow, they ruled that there *wasn't enough* _bold print_ in his contract, which somehow made him forget about filing his FA papers). He even went on national tv to throw Kyle Bohler under the bus to make his case.

Pt being that by the time this whole fiasco ended, it was already too late for the Ravens to sign a decent UFA receiver(Justin Gage would have been an excellent option for them). As a consolation, they were awarded the Niners' #2, but the damage was already done. The Ravens ended up finishing 9-7 and didn't make the playoffs. Bohler actually played well, but not having a receiver that year hurt them.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Ozzu;2486129 said:
This really doesn't have anything to do with Werder. TOs own insecurity is what got him in trouble at his two previous stops and it is what got him in trouble this time.

Where do people come up with this stuff.

Owens' problems in SF were minor until his idiot of an agent "forgot" to get the required paperwork in on time to make him a free agent. The SF front office simply said "ha ha". The only way to get what he wanted was to blow the thing up and get traded. It worked.

He signed a slightly below market deal with the Eagles because he was traded rather than attaining free agency. He performed well for them and allegedly had a verbal agreement with the front office to rework his deal if he was willing to gamble with his health and come back in time for the Super Bowl. Philadelphia has a well known reputation for not sticking to their word and also treating veterans poorly. They reneged on the deal. It worked once so we got sit ups in the the driveway and next question. McNabb injected himself into it, breaking a cardinal rule of teammates. It wasn't just Owens who was upset at McNabb over that but Owens took the brunt of McNabb's comments so he was the one who fired back.

Fast forward to Owens' release. It was either Owens or McNabb. The Eagles chose McNabb even though a majority of the locker room allegedly sided with Owens. He became a free agent and signed with Dallas. Every little thing that Owens has done in Dallas has been magnified fivefold due to both the Cowboys status as a ratings mover and his own past history.

That magnification has gone up tenfold now because every slackjawed yokel who predicted doom and gloom has had to bide their time as Owens has been statistically the best WR in the NFL during his tenure in Dallas. They see their chance to regain some credibility points as the hot pick to win the Super Bowl is fighting for the final playoff spot. Forget the fact that Dallas has lost more player/games by returning pro bowlers due to injury than any other team in recent memory and perhaps of all time, forget that this is two and half years in the making, they really need the "I told you so's" to sleep at night.

I understand the mediots pushing this because controversy sells, ratings get the attention of Bristol, the bigger the stage the bigger the paycheck. I don't understand the so called fans pushing this. Is the need to be right really worth hurting the playoff chances of the team they profess to like? Virtually all of the bit players in the Cowboys' media market monitor message boards to see what's going to sell papers or get ratings. The constant drivel over a minor issue is getting message board posts so it's going to get reporters questioning the team about the same issues. Next thing we know we get "near altercation"s (is that like nearly pregnant?).

STSINAZ

Reaction score
Sasquatch;2486838 said:
The whole "that's my quarterback" speech seems like eons ago.

Witten was probably tired of hearing TO and so he said something.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487122 said:
khiladi you are in the .00001 minority -- the remaining TO fans who deny all to protect your boy....at all costs.

This offense has produced EXACTLY like last year under RED when Tony has been healthy and has had his receivers run their routes appropriately.

No doubt Tony has had some wheels-off games with turnovers but did last year too.

To got his money already. What like 40 mill from us.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
And the rest of the league continues laughing at Jerry.

TO is still TO and being a distraction while the team still hasn't gotten a playoff win since '96.

TO is a problem, but it all starts with Jerry.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2486107 said:
Ed Werder applauded by Dallas execs? ESPN coverage AFFIRMED by Dallas official website? Yes Ladies and Gentlemen, that's the latest in Cirque de Valley Ranch.

According to reports a near brawl occurred today between Witten and Owens, perhaps finally bringing Cowboys' front office top brass to it's knees and its senses. You have to wonder if Stephen and Junior and other true Cowboy lovers locked the door to impose an intervention with Jerry.

If this is a true change of heart its only 12 hours old. Formal Cowboy media (DC.Com Mickey Spagnola) backs ESPN about the divisive fire in the locker room and now the Star Telegram reports that the Cowboy own front office APPLAUDS Ed Werder's expose on cancerous T.O. Maybe a fresh wind blows in Valley Ranch.

And in that fresh wind blows a white flag of surrender about the disastrous tenure of the Love-Me-Some-Me receiver.

http://www.star-telegram.com/cowboys/

Yep, that Ed Werder and his lies and make-believe sources.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
I don't know if the Cowboys would win more games with TO or without him, but I know that I would breathe easier. Send him somewhere far, far away.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2487737 said:
I don't know if the Cowboys would win more games with TO or without him, but I know that I would breathe easier. Send him somewhere far, far away.

I want to send him to you guys myself.:D