Cowboy execs: white flag of surrender on TO?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2487737 said:
I don't know if the Cowboys would win more games with TO or without him, but I know that I would breathe easier. Send him somewhere far, far away.

Sometimes addition by subtraction is good. Happened to the Giants when Tiki Barber left.

Anyone who understand human nature and whose glasses are rose-colored Cowboys isn't surprised by the latest T.O. development.

The pattern was there for all to see.

People wanted to ignore it. But it was there.

It happened with T.O. and it happened with Pacman.

I hope we learn from this episode.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2487744 said:
Sometimes addition by subtraction is good. Happened to the Giants when Tiki Barber left.

Anyone who understand human nature and whose glasses are rose-colored Cowboys isn't surprised by the latest T.O. development.

Yeah I understand addition by subtraction. I couldn't stand LaVar Arrington when he was here because of his freelancing play, and we immediately became a better defense when he left in spite of his "talent."

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2487741 said:
I want to send him to you guys myself.:D
We could use a guy with a nose for the endzone - for a year anyway before he self-destructs and takes the team down with him.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
skinsmaniac

I think the whole world would be happier were there no TCs in the world.

TC divas are vampires--sucking life out of everyone. Everyone is TIRED OF IT!

THE CANCER must go NOW.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2487756 said:
We could use a guy with a nose for the endzone - for a year anyway before he self-destructs and takes the team down with him.

That's my plan.:D

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Yeah I understand addition by subtraction. I couldn't stand LaVar Arrington when he was here because of his freelancing play, and we immediately became a better defense when he left in spite of his "talent."

Precisely. The Giants are better without Shockey and you would have to honestly say without Burress too.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2487744 said:

Fans or Jerry Jones? Jerry would do this all over again in a heart beat.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2487755 said:

Rocky McIntosh has been an UPGRADE over LaVar, IMHO-even talent-wise as well. Plus RM's coverage skills are better too.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487766 said:
Precisely. The Giants are better without Shockey and you would have to honestly say without Burress too.

That remains to be seen. The sure didn't seem better without Burress last week.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2487768 said:
Fans or Jerry Jones? Jerry would do this all over again in a heart beat.

And, sadly, some fans would ignore a player's bad past if he can help the team.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC,

It's scary to consider, but Jerry might.

As a dog returns to it's vomit...as the proverb says.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487766 said:

And it's surprised me alot too b/c Shockey is a VERY talented blocker, which is why he was needed for their run game.

At first, it seemed like he would be missed b/c of JUST that...but their run game with Kevin Boss blocking hasn't missed a beat.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487774 said:
Dave_in-NC,

Well yea, but i just lost my appetite thnx.:cool:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
There's only two "execs" in Dallas: Jerry and Stephen. If they ain't the source, who is?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487774 said:
Dave_in-NC,

For the most part, Jerry has hit a home run on almost all of his gambles(i.e. Charles Haley, Alonzo Spellman, etc), which is prolly why he felt good taking a chance on TO...but after the disasterous-to-be results with TO, who knows? He may re-think twice next time.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
There have been so many proverbs over the years that I've posted about T.O.

I take no credit for them, but their wisdom is universal. Two examples.
"The devil always pays in counterfeit money"
"Can a man make love to fire and not get burned"

I am not religious but I learn a lot from the book of Proverbs and it says a lot about a fool and how you cannot separate a fool from his path. Sadly the Cowboys are run by a fool.

Boysboy

Reaction score
bbgun;2487783 said:
There's only two "execs" in Dallas: Jerry and Stephen. If they ain't the source, who is?

Like we were saying on this board, Stephen SHOULD be in charge of football operations for the Boys. He's a much better hands-on guy than Jerry is.

So IF it was Stephen who praised Werder for his piece, then I applaud him for it.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy I don't know that Spellman was such a success.

Very average player, really and he didn't last long. And besides Spellman as we learned was a guy who absolutely needed meds for his bi-polar. He wasn't the type to backstab his peers.

It's one thing to take a chance on an addict (risky enough) but Pacman seriously hurt other people. He's not safe.... I would get my family indoors if he was in the neighborhood.

Meanshile Owens is Walking High Treason...a burn-up-your-franchise-arson-starter kit.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487802 said:
Boysboy I don't know that Spellman was such a success.

Very average player, really and he didn't last long. And besides Spellman as we learned was a guy who absolutely needed meds for his bi-polar. He wasn't the type to backstab his peers.

It's one thing to take a chance on an addict (risky enough) but Pacman seriously hurt other people. He's not safe.... I would get my family indoors if he was in the neighborhood.

Meanshile Owens is Walking High Treason...a burn-up-your-franchise-arson-starter kit.

I thought Spellman had 2 solid seasons for us. Not spectacular, but he helped our pass rush a bit.

As for Pacman-unlike the TO signing, I had no qualms at all about Pacman coming here b/c 1) He didn't have a TO personality, and 2) It came at such a bargain basement deal. Heck, b/c of his 4 game suspension, we ended up getting 2 picks back from the Titans...one of which we used as part of the Roy11 deal. Yeah-Pacman's a big time thug, but I was satisfied with the deal.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
How have teams won the Super Bowl lately?

Championship coaches make all the players SUBORDINATE to the TEAM. Not Me but We. You just don't hear circus stories coming out of New England. In New York they have handled their business. Blow the guy out the door and move on to winning.

That's the formula for the Patriots and for the Giants and for the Colts etc.

The TOs of the world never win anything.

FOOL'S GOLD!

Jerry still thinks (like Al Davis) that he's going to get some repeat of the early 90's. That team was freakishly unique in 100 ways.