Cowboy execs: white flag of surrender on TO?

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Bad guys are just that - bad. Losers.

Just like a hot diva. They make horrible wives, worthless girl friends, worthless dates, worthless moments when life is too short. Just a diseased *****. Get 'em away from me! Give me a real woman instead.

Fool's gold. Fool's gold. Fool's gold. When will America learn?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2487790 said:
Like we were saying on this board, Stephen SHOULD be in charge of football operations for the Boys. He's a much better hands-on guy than Jerry is.

So IF it was Stephen who praised Werder for his piece, then I applaud him for it.
Interesting thing I heard about the Dolphins on the radio today.

The owner is attributing their success on the GM and coaches being on the same page. Just throwing that out there.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487821 said:
How have teams won the Super Bowl lately?

Championship coaches make all the players SUBORDINATE to the TEAM. Not Me but We. You just don't hear circus stories coming out of New England. In New York they have handled their business. Blow the guy out the door and move on to winning.

That's the formula for the Patriots and for the Giants and for the Colts etc.

The TOs of the world never win anything.

FOOL'S GOLD!

Jerry still thinks (like Al Davis) that he's going to get some repeat of the early 90's. That team was freakishly unique in 100 ways.

Teams like New England and New York have SYSTEMS-they acquire players who FIT their SCHEME, it's not like they scout talent based on what Madden(whatever year) tells them to.

Look at the Giants last year and how ALL 7 of their draft picks made a contribution. Yes, they played as a tight-nit team, but nonetheless you can't take away the outstanding draft they had.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2487833 said:

The owner is attributing their success on the GM and coaches being on the same page. Just throwing that out there.

It's quite simple-the guys at the bottom/middle will model themselves over the way the guys at the top do.

Look at Jerry here-high profile in the media 24/7...as a result, the players, and even coaches, will model themselves accordingly, and VOILA!

OTOH, Parcells/Ireland/Sporano have emphasized discipline and accountability, so the players have modeled themselves as just that.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2487833 said:

Their "success", if you call having a much worse shot than the Cowboys of making the playoffs can be attributed much to not having the likes of Duante Culpepper starting at QB than anything the coaches have done.

If a healthy Pennigton started for them last year, they'd have been around .500.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;2487844 said:
Their "success", if you call having a much worse shot than the Cowboys of making the playoffs can be attributed much to not having the likes of Duante Culpepper starting at QB than anything the coaches have done.

If a healthy Pennigton started for them last year, they'd have been around .500.

You missed the whole point. And I disagree.

Boysboy

Reaction score

Unlike last year, the Fins had an outstanding first draft under Parcells.

I agree that a vet in Pennington has been a big difference to this team, but this team has alot of young talent compared to last year.

Wood

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487832 said:
Bad guys are just that - bad. Losers.

Just like a hot diva. They make horrible wives, worthless girl friends, worthless dates, worthless moments when life is too short. Just a diseased *****. Get 'em away from me! Give me a real woman instead.

Fool's gold. Fool's gold. Fool's gold. When will America learn?

oldschool...i hear ya...but we are dealing with individuals who have questionable morals themselves....they will not understand that rooting for TO's of the world lead to failure.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2487850 said:
Unlike last year, the Fins had an outstanding first draft under Parcells.

I agree that a vet in Pennington has been a big difference to this team, but this team has alot of young talent compared to last year.

And subtracted two defensive stars.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Wood, spot on.

I recall a recent commentator saying he was rooting for McNabb to get the chance to go elsewhere because Philly didn't deserve him...

I respected the sentiment. I start to hate some Cowboy fans who choose self destruction. Some of these reptillian brains don't deserve Romo and Witten. Give them Brad Johnson and Owens instead.

I am no judge of karma on another man, but you have to wonder about 12 years of this playoff drought (and running)...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wood;2487851 said:
oldschool...i hear ya...but we are dealing with individuals who have questionable morals themselves....they will not understand that rooting for TO's of the world lead to failure.

No prejudice there. Nope. Not one iota. :rolleyes:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487869 said:
Wood, spot on.

I recall a recent commentator saying he was rooting for McNabb to get the chance to go elsewhere because Philly didn't deserve him...

I respected the sentiment. I start to hate some Cowboy fans who choose self destruction. Some of these reptillian brains don't deserve Romo and Witten. Give them Brad Johnson and Owens instead.

I am no judge of karma on another man, but you have to wonder about 12 years of this playoff drought (and running)...

It seems like 13 has been an unlucky number for us...

in 2007, we win 13 games before being the 1st NFC #1 seeded team in the playoffs to go 1 and done.

Last week, we had 13 on the scoreboard(with a 10 pt lead) before melting down late in the game.

Assuming we crash and burn, it'll be 13 years since we won a playoff game.

It's been 13 games into the season before all the dirty laundry in our locker room has spit out.

Into 13 seasons in the league, TO destructs America's Team.

I'm sure there is more stuff, but 13 hasn't exactly been a lucky number for us.:(

Hoofbite

Reaction score

What? They are 8-5 just like Dallas. I'd say their Playoff shot is just as good as Dallas', maybe better. They play 2 scrub teams and then they play the Jets.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Boysboy;2487889 said:
It seems like 13 has been an unlucky number for us...

in 2007, we win 13 games before being the 1st NFC #1 seeded team in the playoffs to go 1 and done.

Last week, we had 13 on the scoreboard(with a 10 pt lead) before melting down late in the game.

Assuming we crash and burn, it'll be 13 years since we won a playoff game.

It's been 13 games into the season before all the dirty laundry in our locker room has spit out.

Into 13 seasons in the league, TO destructs America's Team.

I'm sure there is more stuff, but 13 hasn't exactly been a lucky number for us.:(

14-13.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2487907 said:
What? They are 8-5 just like Dallas. I'd say their Playoff shot is just as good as Dallas', maybe better. They play 2 scrub teams and then they play the Jets.

I would say better. They are also a focused group who continues to improve.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2487911 said:
I would say better. They are also a focused group who continues to improve.

Chad Pennington is a classic example of someone who got a bad rap DESPITE his entire team AND coaches who were the ones stinking it up(with the Jets, that is).

Like I said in other posts, he's always been an underrated QB. Noodle-arm, yeah, but smart, accurate, and doesn't make mistakes.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
bbailey423;2486160 said:
I would not be so quick to side with Witten when it sound like MOST of the team is siding with Owens

I don't care whose at fault. I don't care who started it. I don't care about any of that crap. This kind of BS divides locker rooms and it shouldn't happen. Period.

I was going to read all 5 pages of this thread but after the first two that was the only thing I had to say on this particular one. It's a shame it's been allowed to get to this.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan

Well LOL the thread is 12 pages and your conclusion is still spot on. 100% correct.

That Jerry even brought Owens to town...pathetic.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Before everybody gets their torches and pitch forks and storms Valley Ranch demanding TO be banished, please tell me who replaces TO.

Keep in mind that we had to trade a 1st, 3rd, and a 6th to get Roy11 because nobody else on the team could free up coverage on TO.

Thus, if TO leaves the team who is going to play opposite Roy11 and free up coverage.

Apparently Garrett cannot run an offense with just 1 stud, he has to have 2. So who is going to play opposite Roy11 since all our other receivers are basically crap according to the coaches/ownership.

I guess we are going to need to trade the rest of our draft for another receiver???

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2488048 said:
BraveHeartFan

Well LOL the thread is 12 pages and your conclusion is still spot on. 100% correct.

That Jerry even brought Owens to town...pathetic.

Our settings must be different cause it's only 5 pages long for me. :)