Cowboy Facts and the Bizarro Hatred of Garrett/Linehan

JBond

Reaction score
I suppose WINNING GAMES are just silly stats for mindless fools who drone on with their endless hate.

Actually looking at WINS-LOSSES gets in the way of their bizarro narrative. What does one do with such inconvenient facts?
Playoff victories matter to Cowboys fans. A ancient playbook and the inability to adapt will continue to haunt the team.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playoff victories matter to Cowboys fans. A ancient playbook and the inability to adapt will continue to haunt the team.

They matter to everybody. Some of like to blame them on their actual causes, tho.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jeff Dahlmer was a great citizen because he only ate bad people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The amount of wins is definitely impressive, but it isn’t sufficient by itself to be considered a good coach. Good coaching is determined by getting to the playoffs consistently and what you do when you get there. Garrett has a chance to change his narrative this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. Yep, the Cowboys offense is trend setting cutting edge stuff. Move over Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid. The Cowboys will show you how it's done.

Coaching is hard ya know!
:laugh:

T-RO

Reaction score
What's Garretts record without Dak and Romo.........

Garrett's career win-loss is .561

Garrett sits sandwiched between Parcells .570 and Jimmy J: .556

Obviously Jason hasn't yet delivered in the playoffs, something that needs to happen. Again, I want to see what he can do with a top-ten QB AND a talented defense.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Winning is HARD.

Yes, it is hard. What is harder is winning situationally.

You can sit here all day long and bean count Garrett's numbers.

They are not great overall, just about middle of the road.

Garrett has said repeatedly, he wants his team to understand situational football.

Funny, how when the situation is crucial, Garrett tends to lay an egg.

That is a big reason why a loser backup LBer from the Eagles felt comfortable shooting his mouth off,

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
When people bring up good points, the OP doesn't quote them. He's only responding to the people that aren't answering his "question".

He's cherry picking an arbitrary time frame of the last 3 years, which is just far enough back to include a 13 win season, but not far enough back to include a 12 loss season. Convenient stat massaging, that is.

Maybe the OP wants to start when Dak arrived? Well, why would we disregard Jason's first 5 years? How is that fair? A new QB replaces the old one last minute, has a storybook season, and we'll conveniently start counting then and not look at Jason's complete body of work?

Or how about what another poster mentioned and our OP totally ignored: every team listed has playoff success in the last 3 years or a coach with less time on the job than that. That poster broke it down for us, go read it.

And to top it all off, the OP keeps prancing around with his holier-than-thou, I'm mature and you aren't attitude.

Sorry, I think this thread just makes me angry. This much work and carefully picked stats to make the argument that our coaches are SO GOOD that they need a roster full of premium talent to be held responsible for winning a single playoff game at end of season, and since they haven't had that, we should celebrate their regular season wins, like anybody cares.

It's weak, man. The argument, the philosophy, the stat, all of it. And I'm sick of hearing this droning BS year after year.

Personally, I gave up on JG after 2016, after going 12-4. That was the season that made me realize that everything about this scheme is "go be better than the guy opposite you on every down of every game all year long. I will not put you in a position to succeed because I want to win by being better. We won't adjust to match our skillsets or injuries because just go do your job every play or something, clap clap clap".

Dallas is the regular season champ because you can win like that in the regular season. Unfortunately, playoff teams are too good to just "go be better than" the guy opposite you, all across the field, every down. So your coaches become key and we've got JG so 1 playoff win in a decade.

I'm happy as hell about the win streak and the NO win and I hear JG played a big part in that NO victory, which is good. Now go make something of it. We're tired of the talk. But... raise your hand if you've been a part of 3 or more of these jason garrett specialties: "oh they got hot going into December and now they're in the running for a playoff spot and now they've lost 2 and week 17 is a divisional elimination game and we all go home sad".

Everyone who's watched his whole career has their hand up. Everyone with their hand down hasn't been a part of this abusive relationship that is fandom for the Garrett-led Cowboys long enough to know what we may very well be in for. Again.

Rant over, Das out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When people bring up good points, the OP doesn't quote them. He's only responding to the people that aren't answering his "question".

He's cherry picking an arbitrary time frame of the last 3 years, which is just far enough back to include a 13 win season, but not far enough back to include a 12 loss season. Convenient stat massaging, that is.

Maybe the OP wants to start when Dak arrived? Well, why would we disregard Jason's first 5 years? How is that fair? A new QB replaces the old one last minute, has a storybook season, and we'll conveniently start counting then and not look at Jason's complete body of work?

Or how about what another poster mentioned and our OP totally ignored: every team listed has playoff success in the last 3 years or a coach with less time on the job than that. That poster broke it down for us, go read it.

And to top it all off, the OP keeps prancing around with his holier-than-thou, I'm mature and you aren't attitude.

Sorry, I think this thread just makes me angry. This much work and carefully picked stats to make the argument that our coaches are SO GOOD that they need a roster full of premium talent to be held responsible for winning a single playoff game at end of season, and since they haven't had that, we should celebrate their regular season wins, like anybody cares.

It's weak, man. The argument, the philosophy, the stat, all of it. And I'm sick of hearing this droning BS year after year.

Personally, I gave up on JG after 2016, after going 12-4. That was the season that made me realize that everything about this scheme is "go be better than the guy opposite you on every down of every game all year long. I will not put you in a position to succeed because I want to win by being better. We won't adjust to match our skillsets or injuries because just go do your job every play or something, clap clap clap".

Dallas is the regular season champ because you can win like that in the regular season. Unfortunately, playoff teams are too good to just "go be better than" the guy opposite you, all across the field, every down. So your coaches become key and we've got JG so 1 playoff win in a decade.

I'm happy as hell about the win streak and the NO win and I hear JG played a big part in that NO victory, which is good. Now go make something of it. We're tired of the talk. But... raise your hand if you've been a part of 3 or more of these jason garrett specialties: "oh they got hot going into December and now they're in the running for a playoff spot and now they've lost 2 and week 17 is a divisional elimination game and we all go home sad".

Everyone who's watched his whole career has their hand up. Everyone with their hand down hasn't been a part of this abusive relationship that is fandom for the Garrett-led Cowboys long enough to know what we may very well be in for. Again.

Rant over, Das out.

Wow! Mic drop!

Awesome post man!
:bow:

kskboys

Reaction score

Rant over, Das out.
Those holier than thou rants just make the ranter look so incredibly mindless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are amusing, tho, just sadly so.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. Yep, the Cowboys offense is trend setting cutting edge stuff. Move over Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid. The Cowboys will show you how it's done.

This year? The year we lost Dez, Witten, Tyron, and Frederick? And then it picked up how much after the trade for Cooper?

If the issue was actually with the offensive coaching, how do you explain the run of top-10 offensive finishes in terms of points/series under two different QBs under Garrett/Linehan?

At least try to make your criticism fit in with actual events on the field.

T-RO

Reaction score
Yes, it is hard. What is harder is winning situationally.

You can sit here all day long and bean count Garrett's numbers.

They are not great overall, just about middle of the road.

Garrett has said repeatedly, he wants his team to understand situational football.

Funny, how when the situation is crucial, Garrett tends to lay an egg.

That is a big reason why a loser backup LBer from the Eagles felt comfortable shooting his mouth off,

Yes...Funny how when the season's situation was crucial (team at 5-7)...Garrett got the team winning...and
Funny how Garrett and his coaches bested the Saints in a crucial home game

You want to defend that linebacker from the Eagles and his mouth--after Garrett's team bested them a few weeks ago...and Dallas has beat them 5 of last 8? And you want to use that Eagles clown as some sort of proof of something. Seriously?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Rant over, Das out.

The argument wasn’t that the coaches are “so good.” The argument was that they don’t deserve the ranting hatred they get. To make that point, pointing out their production during the current three year span that includes the full work history of Dak with the team is a perfectly legitimate point.

JBond

Reaction score
This year? The year we lost Dez, Witten, Tyron, and Frederick? And then it picked up how much after the trade for Cooper?

If the issue was actually with the offensive coaching, how do you explain the run of top-10 offensive finishes in terms of points/series under two different QBs under Garrett/Linehan?

At least try to make your criticism fit in with actual events on the field.
Lol. We lost Dez? Your red head genius cut him. Witten is one of my favorite players. Your genius failed to find a replacement or coach up the new kids. Our online is one of the bright spots despite losing one of the best. Try again kido.

JBond

Reaction score
The argument wasn’t that the coaches are “so good.” The argument was that they don’t deserve the ranting hatred they get. To make that point, pointing out their production during the current three year span that includes the full work history of Dak with the team is a perfectly legitimate point.
Our coordinators are the only thing keeping us alive. The front office and the coach that has pictures of JJ doing things with sheep are not an asset.

T-RO

Reaction score

Not arbitrary.

I went back to when we started to see the impact of the changed draft/personnel philosophy.

I've also posted Jason's career record (which is also impressive).

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score

Then in that case, this is a pro Dak thread, and not a pro Jason Garrett thread.

For some asinine reason, we're just gonna throw out all the years before Dak put these wins together. So if we only care about the Dak years, then what's your point about JG?

Angus12

Reaction score
In the past 3 NFL seasons here are the NFC leaders in wins:

Cowboys 29
Saints 28
Vikings 27
Rams 26
Seahawks 26
Eagles 26
Falcons 25
Panthers 23
Packers 23

Winning is HARD. And not a single team in the NFC has been better in recent years in consistently winning games than the team Garrett, Linehan and Marinelli are coaching. Not one team.

And what do these coaches get in return for their accomplishments? Endless scorn, derision, personal attacks from embarrassing fools.

It really is cringe-worthy to hear some of you rant like children.
Where do we rate with playoff wins?