Cowboy Tweets 11/22

DEMFAN

Reaction score

Actually, Dak looks to his left and saw the blitzer by the time he looked to his hot which is 11 that window had closed. So the best bet at that point was trying to give Dez a chance to high point the ball in my opinion which isnt much, but that just my assessment.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Actually, Dak looks to his left and saw the blitzer by the time he looked to his hot which is 11 that window had closed. So the best bet at that point was trying to give Dez a chance to high point the ball in my opinion which isnt much, but that just my assessment.

Aside from the debate on who was open, I don't like the play design. Witten has routes where he can go left or right depending on the defender. Why not have Witten have some kind of hot route option here that has him run to the left flat where the safety can't get to him in time? Witten runs right by the guys blitzing - he should be ideally headed away from the safety coming in to cover him. He should turn left, not right. I would think Dak could audible to that also.

Last edited:

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Can we get Romo back from the booth? Everyone wanted to run him out of town because Dak was soooooooo great and now that he doesn't have a running game to alleviate all the pressure we see what can happen.

Grevus

Reaction score
None of these players are open

Beasley was open for the quick slant, but Dak had at most 1-2 seconds to scan the field. He probably threw to his first read here. This is coaching and experience. A simple chip block by the TE would have changed this play.

cej757

Reaction score
Can we get Romo back from the booth? Everyone wanted to run him out of town because Dak was soooooooo great and now that he doesn't have a running game to alleviate all the pressure we see what can happen.

Romo's body gave out on him. Romo couldn't even take a normal hit anymore. It's ridiculous to even want him to play anymore and put him at risk for further damage. How come you're not upset Dak to Kellen Moore's job? He was leaped frog by Dak as well.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Beasley was open and the play was there. He threw it to the wrong read.

Not enough time to decide if the LB is going to blitz or drop into zone to defend the slant, he went to the only person in clear single coverage.

Easy to question the decision after the fact but if that's a pick 6, everyone is saying he should have gone to Dez.

Dak obviously didn't have a good game, but this play isn't why we lost.