Cowboy Tweets 11/22

Zman5

Reaction score
No, that play worked exactly as designed and that is where Dak is supposed to throw the ball. The problem is the play demands a WR that can get separation. It is designed to get the one on one matchup but the WR has to beat his man. Watch it again. There is no fake, no double move, no nothing designed to create a little separation. The WR just runs straight to the defender and weakly cuts to the pylon. High school safeties could cover that route run that way by any WR without 4.4 speed. That's all coaching or lack of effort. Whichever it is doesn't matter. It's a perfect example of why this team will never win with Garrett as coach.

It's a poor design. If you look at the play at the end of the route, you have 3 receivers in a close proximity. That's a difficult throw for anyone. Especially someone getting blitzed. Also, it brings in more defenders to the same area for a possible INT.

Sydla

Reaction score
The evidence showing Garrett's mediocrity continues to get stronger.

As does Jerry's misguided belief that he has a SB winning head coach.

Reactions: BAT

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What's this chart supposed to show? Is it just a chart of 7 active coaches with a higher win percentage than Garrett's and also Marvin Lewis since Garrett's been in the league?

I think it is a chart of all the coaches that were a coach when Garrett was hired, and are still coaches today, and where he ranks over that time-span compared with them.

There is some disparity in the total number of games, so I am guessing it includes playoffs in the wins and losses.

Actually, the disparity shouldn't be that great on a few, so I have no idea.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How come everyone says "get over Romo" but every time Dak stinks it up those same people say well Romo did too.

Romo ain't here - Dak is. and Dak had a chance to lead this team without Zeke and he has stunk it up. That performance against the Eagles was horrible. The team ran well and blocked ok it was the QB who failed.

I think Dak played poorly, again missing throws, high or low, even when he did have time. he hurried a lot of his throws when he did not need to. Or seems that way from watching. On the field much different. But he needs to learn to be a bit more patient.
But also the game plan was for him to get rid of the ball quick, more so than usual.
so this is also, as usual on the coaches. take away his normal set up to throw.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think it is a chart of all the coaches that were a coach when Garrett was hired, and are still coaches today, and where he ranks over that time-span compared with them.

There is some disparity in the total number of games, so I am guessing it includes playoffs in the wins and losses.

Actually, the disparity shouldn't be that great on a few, so I have no idea.

The disparity are because some of them have been head coaches since before Garrett. So it’s including their games from their whole career.

The win % and playoff success is the biggest thing to look at.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
In case, I don't get a chance tomorrow, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here. A great day of family and Cowboys football.

No matter which side of the spectrum you are on..Fan Boy/Chicken Little, Cheerleader/Critic, Homer/Hater, Optimist/Pessimist...everyone here is still a Dallas Cowboy fan, so this holiday is special for all of us.

Well, except @Risen Star. That guy's definitely an Eagles fan.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The disparity are because some of them have been head coaches since before Garrett. So it’s including their games from their whole career.

The win % and playoff success is the biggest thing to look at.

It's not that either. Big Bill would have way more games than that. Payton would as well.