Cowboy Tweets 11/22

cej757

Reaction score
Wrong.

Romo never got injured on a "normal" hit.

So I guess the hit on Thanksgiving vs Carolina was so vicious you could see why his collarbone cracked again. The guy couldn't even practice a full week anymore and the Thanksgiving game when he wasn't gonna get a full week off would've been brutal to watch.

cej757

Reaction score
He led the only scoring drive against the Eagles in that last game and made it look easy. The last injury he got was not a normal hit. He had a huge lineman fall on him in a sitting position. Most people aren't going to escape from that unscathed. I'm not upset about Moore because when he played he was terrible and Dak was clearly better. Remember it however you want but Dak wasn't and still is not a better QB than Romo.

Romo didn't build up enough winning credit to get his job back after the run Dak went on. The Cowboys were on a 11 game winning streak and unless you are Brady , Rothlisberger, Rodgers or Brees. You're not gonna just come in and get your job back when a younger stronger and cheaper QB is having success.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
It's a poor design. If you look at the play at the end of the route, you have 3 receivers in a close proximity. That's a difficult throw for anyone. Especially someone getting blitzed. Also, it brings in more defenders to the same area for a possible INT.

It is designed that way to draw all the defense away from the 1 on 1 matchup going to the end zone. The QB is not supposed to throw it anywhere except the deep route. The WR has to create separation and go get the ball but he made no attempt at all to do anything to get separation. That's either poor coaching or poor effort. Either way it's typical of the cowboys since JJ was the coach.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So I guess the hit on Thanksgiving vs Carolina was so vicious you could see why his collarbone cracked again. The guy couldn't even practice a full week anymore and the Thanksgiving game when he wasn't gonna get a full week off would've been brutal to watch.

You do realize that Romo was already hurt on that play correct? And no, it was not a normal "hit."

Abnormal does not mean vicious. Most players don't get hurt on "vicious" hits except for concussions.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Ok I understand now. Romo wasn’t an old player whose body broke down and couldn’t play anymore.

He is just the unluckiest player ever, who kept getting hurt and missing large stretches of games, from strange hits.

cej757

Reaction score
You do realize that Romo was already hurt on that play correct? And no, it was not a normal "hit."

Abnormal does not mean vicious. Most players don't get hurt on "vicious" hits except for concussions.

Romo is a warrior and a tough sob, I give him all the credit in the world. But his body couldn't handle the beating anymore. Do you really think Romo could've handle the hits that Dak took when Chaz Green was protecting his blindside? If he would've had a injury history like Eli Manning who never misses a game then maybe I could see your point, but Romo was always getting hurt.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Romo is a warrior and a tough sob, I give him all the credit in the world. But his body couldn't handle the beating anymore. Do you really think Romo could've handle the hits that Dak took when Chaz Green was protecting his blindside? If he would've had a injury history like Eli Manning who never misses a game then maybe I could see your point, but Romo was always getting hurt.

Absolutely. I also think Romo would avoided a few of them as well.

People don't look at what actually happened on the plays Romo got hurt, and they don't look at things from an accurate physiological standpoint either. The body simply does not work the way people want to think it does.

Romo had basically 2 significant injuries in 2 years. They were broken bones. They, unfortunately, take time to heal. He had several broken bones earlier in his career too (could his body not handle it then too?), and stretches where he played a lot of football with no, or minimal injuries without missed time.

Zman5

Reaction score
It is designed that way to draw all the defense away from the 1 on 1 matchup going to the end zone. The QB is not supposed to throw it anywhere except the deep route. The WR has to create separation and go get the ball but he made no attempt at all to do anything to get separation. That's either poor coaching or poor effort. Either way it's typical of the cowboys since JJ was the coach.

I understand what they are trying to do with Dez on the play, but my comment was about the tweet that claims Dak should have thrown it to Beasley. Beasley was open for a split second then ran towards a crowd.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok I understand now. Romo wasn’t an old player whose body broke down and couldn’t play anymore.

He is just the unluckiest player ever, who kept getting hurt and missing large stretches of games, from strange hits.

This gets back to the fragile skeleton at 35 theory. Collar bones only absorb so much. Transverse processes break when you put too much pressure on them. We see it in young players, too. The back was the one systemic problem Tony had, but it wasn't the reason he had to retire when he did.

Now, I do buy the argument that Tony absorbed more damage than he needed to by hanging onto the ball until the last minute, and that put him in an elevated risk situation, but the 'his body was breaking down' argument doesn't hold a lot of water.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Jesus, Christ. Do we really have to pretend that Witten just got slow the last two weeks? Where was this criticism early in the year when he was catching 8-10 passes in a game? Heck, even v. ATL I think he had 6-7 slow receptions.

It's crazy how these realizations always seem to coincide with losing streaks. I wonder if there's any reason for that?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Can we get Romo back from the booth? Everyone wanted to run him out of town because Dak was soooooooo great and now that he doesn't have a running game to alleviate all the pressure we see what can happen.
Dak was so great last year.
But put Romo in last year and tgis team would have benn scrumdeliomptious

NotForLong

Reaction score
Ummm. Health issues—could not run to save his life. The mental aspect of Romo was top notch, heart too, body couldn’t do it. So yeah.
There is no evidence to your claim that his body will not hold up. His history of injuries does not prove your claim. Many of his injuries were freek injuries. He made a speedy recovery but wasnt wanted literally shunned

Do you realize this fan base ran him out of town without blinking an eye

One of his supposedly good friends caved in to popular opinion and thus turned his back on him. He choose a rookie over Romo?

Then when this nightmarish season ends Jerry goes back on his word and holds him hostage to squeeze a few more scraps out of Houston.

The way He got the job. The Job all annoncers wanted. #1 all the blessings to him.

No Romo dont come back theres no coming back after they cried for Barnabas

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
There is no evidence to your claim that his body will not hold up. His history of injuries does not prove your claim. Many of his injuries were freek injuries. He made a speedy recovery but wasnt wanted literally shunned

Do you realize this fan base ran him out of town without blinking an eye

One of his supposedly good friends caved in to popular opinion and thus turned his back on him. He choose a rookie over Romo?

Then when this nightmarish season ends Jerry goes back on his word and holds him hostage to squeeze a few more scraps out of Houston.

The way He got the job. The Job all annoncers wanted. #1 all the blessings to him.

No Romo dont come back theres no coming back after they cried for Barnabas
Whatever helps you sleep at night.