Twitter: Cowboy Tweets 5/15

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Yes, we all know Dez can high point the ball, and we all know that he can make the back shoulder catch if the ball is thrown perfectly.

But how much does it cost to sign this guy with this specific/limited talent who cannot get separation in his other routes? Is someone going to sign him to a big contract just for the contested throws from a pin-point accurate QB?

No one in the NFC East, the division that has played him twice every year and knows him best, is interested. That should tell you all you need to know. Will he be signed? Will be play this season? Of course he will. Either he settles for a modest, one year contract, or some playoff caliber team loses their guy to injury in training camp. Dez will play, but forget the QB he plays with. That's not nearly as important as selecting the correct division, one that can't run out a top flight CB every week, committed to covering and frustrating Dez.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Dez has great chemistry with a good QB that can put the ball wherever he wants.

Sounds like a Witten slam on Dak.
Could be a slam on Dez needing an elite QB to succeed. There are WR's out there who are very productive with QB's that don't have to be the best of the best.

Corso

Reaction score
I don't care what Beasley does as long as he's still a good slot WR for us.

That said, I've listened to a couple of his tracks. I think he's a football player who also just happens to rap.
He thinks the opposite and I'm of the opinion: Don't quit the day job, Squeaky.

Corso

Reaction score
If Randy Gregory and Demarcus Ware were in the same draft AND Gregory didn't have a weed issue, Gregory probably would have been drafted first.
Not everybody gets it right...

Now, as far as Randy - Get your lanky butt in here and kick some booty! Show that bend and flexion! Those are sexy words!

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dez has great chemistry with a good QB that can put the ball wherever he wants.

Sounds like a Witten slam on Dak.

I read that as the quarterback can put the ball where HE wants it, not where Dez wants it. Dez absolutely dropped plenty of balls and was not a great route runner but honestly Dak's accuracy did him no favors and the two of them just couldn't develop a chemistry on the field. (No I am not bashing Dak).

I didn't see it as a slam on anyone personally, but I suppose I can see how it could be construed that way.

Rayman70

Reaction score
off tackle left/right...and lots of play action. We need an 80% run to 20% pass ratio to play winning ball. That's our strength.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Witten meant nothing bad by his statement...jeesh guys. You can ONLY dissect stuff so much.