Twitter: Cowboy Tweets 5/22

DiResta

Reaction score

to basically repeat what Broaddus had to say about Chaz
Chaz wasnt bad year before last when he played
the Cowboys really hurt his development when they took him and put him at guard,
then they move him back out to tackle vs Atlanta and once he struggled they didnt help matters at all plus you had Cooper next to him and he was bad
once it started going badly and the guy was left to it it just went completely to **** and he was much better than that in 2016

im not saying hes a good player but its true he isnt as bad as the Falcons game if he had stayed at tackle
especially against Adrian Clayborn

what you do with him idk

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
And it says a lot about the Cowboys decision-making that a guy they planned to pay $16.5 million to still can't get a job.

Maybe they NEVER intended to pay that amount. They cut the ties pretty quickly and without much hullaballoo. Maybe their decision making isn't as bad as you think it is. Thing is, when he signed that contract, there really wasn't a whole lot of people saying that it sucked.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the Cowboys really hurt his development when they took him and put him at guard,
then they move him back out to tackle vs Atlanta and once he struggled they didnt help matters at all plus you had Cooper next to him and he was bad
once it started going badly and the guy was left to it it just went completely to **** and he was much better than that in 2016...

This is one of those things that Broaddus says over and over and that just makes me want to smack him for being stupid. Green was pulled out of the starting lineup when he missed, what was it, the Rams game? Was that in week 4? That gave Green 6 weeks, including the bye to get ready to play the Falcons at the old position he'd played since he'd entered the league? For a guy who'd played along the OL his whole life? Come on.

If Chaz Green were any good at all last year, he'd have taken the starting LG job the team wanted him to have and run with it. He was bad at OG, and then worse at LT when we really needed him. He collapsed for whatever personal reasons. It's not on the coaches. We've seen him play at a high level previously. I don't buy for a second that the additional reps and training camp made him worse. He went in the tank mentally.

I had hopes for the guy, but don't understand why he's even on the roster now.

DiResta

Reaction score
This is one of those things that Broaddus says over and over and that just makes me want to smack him for being stupid. Green was pulled out of the starting lineup when he missed, what was it, the Rams game? Was that in week 4? That gave Green 6 weeks, including the bye to get ready to play the Falcons at the old position he'd played since he'd entered the league? For a guy who'd played along the OL his whole life? Come on.

If Chaz Green were any good at all last year, he'd have taken the starting LG job the team wanted him to have and run with it. He was bad at OG, and then worse at LT when we really needed him. He collapsed for whatever personal reasons. It's not on the coaches. We've seen him play at a high level previously. I don't buy for a second that the additional reps and training camp made him worse. He went in the tank mentally.

I had hopes for the guy, but don't understand why he's even on the roster now.
ok well it made sense and linemen are about the only thing Broaddas seems to know well, i remember when Chaz played his 1st game he was bad as the game went on and started holding and just reaching without moving his feet, he was clearly gassed and not in shape but his next game he looked much better
now i dont remember who he was up against but i thought it was a solid pass rusher maybe im just remembering wrong
as for Atlanta i dont have the answer for that ___ show

HungryLion

Reaction score
once it started going badly and the guy was left to it it just went completely to **** and he was much better than that in 2016

im not saying hes a good player but its true he isnt as bad as the Falcons game if he had stayed at tackle
especially against Adrian Clayborn

what you do with him idk

The answer is simple.

You cut him.

Unless there is an injury at tackle before the season starts, Chaz is not making the 53.

The team will keep 3 tackles. He is not one of the best 3 tackles.

Marcus Martin and Joe Looney also make it as backups at guard over Green.

I don’t see how Chaz makes the squad if there’s no injuries.

DiResta

Reaction score
The answer is simple.

You cut him.

Unless there is an injury at tackle before the season starts, Chaz is not making the 53.

The team will keep 3 tackles. He is not one of the best 3 tackles.

Marcus Martin and Joe Looney also make it as backups at guard over Green.

I don’t see how Chaz makes the squad if there’s no injuries.
i dont know but it looks like hes starting over (M)Martin :laugh:

some dirt on someone perhaps?