Twitter: Cowboy Tweets 5/22

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
This is one of those things that Broaddus says over and over and that just makes me want to smack him for being stupid. Green was pulled out of the starting lineup when he missed, what was it, the Rams game? Was that in week 4? That gave Green 6 weeks, including the bye to get ready to play the Falcons at the old position he'd played since he'd entered the league? For a guy who'd played along the OL his whole life? Come on.

If Chaz Green were any good at all last year, he'd have taken the starting LG job the team wanted him to have and run with it. He was bad at OG, and then worse at LT when we really needed him. He collapsed for whatever personal reasons. It's not on the coaches. We've seen him play at a high level previously. I don't buy for a second that the additional reps and training camp made him worse. He went in the tank mentally.

I had hopes for the guy, but don't understand why he's even on the roster now.

Mentally- Bingo!

He actually pulled left on a crash right run{bears?} .... The whole team pulled except him

You could see his expression.... Dude was toast

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak looks slimmer and trimmer:

I’m interested to see how Dak’s thinner build impacts his play. I always wondering if he and the trainers think it will help in his footwork and in transferring power from his legs into his throws.

Slimmer and increased flexibility.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mentally- Bingo!

He actually pulled left on a crash right run{bears?} .... The whole team pulled except him

You could see his expression.... Dude was toast

I actually thought he might have choked when the opportunity to be a full time starter came up. It was a chance at a life changing contract if he could have nailed it. Physically, he had all the tools. But for whatever reason he couldn’t take the LG job they practically tried to force feed him. Then he got the yips and imploded at OT. Something was up with that dude.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mathew Berry says we have the worst WR group in the NFL! I think we’re in the bottom 16 RIGHT NOW, but I expect us to be in the upper 16 by midseason.

What do you guys say?
I don't get that. JMO but the Cowboys have upgraded their WR corp this off season. Were they considered the worst in the league one year ago? NO. They why say something that stupid now? He must love Dez.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The Dez situation shows that signing players to big contracts solely to keep homegrown talent is not always the best approach.

If he was cut at the beginning of FA this wouldn’t even be a topic. I still think Dallas handled this poorly.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The answer is simple. You cut him. Unless there is an injury at tackle before the season starts, Chaz is not making the 53.

The team will keep 3 tackles. He is not one of the best 3 tackles.

Marcus Martin and Joe Looney also make it as backups at guard over Green.

I don’t see how Chaz makes the squad if there’s no injuries.
giphy.gif

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't get that. JMO but the Cowboys have upgraded their WR corp this off season. Were they considered the worst in the league one year ago? NO. They why say something that stupid now? He must love Dez.

I think alot of that has to do with the qb throwing to the wr's. Wr's are only as good as the qb throwing to them. Seems the league is down on Dak. Everyone is on him for his bad 2nd half play last year. So with that, our wr's are the worst in the league now.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
to basically repeat what Broaddus had to say about Chaz
Chaz wasnt bad year before last when he played
the Cowboys really hurt his development when they took him and put him at guard,
then they move him back out to tackle vs Atlanta and once he struggled they didnt help matters at all plus you had Cooper next to him and he was bad
once it started going badly and the guy was left to it it just went completely to **** and he was much better than that in 2016

im not saying hes a good player but its true he isnt as bad as the Falcons game if he had stayed at tackle
especially against Adrian Clayborn

what you do with him idk
That was the poorest display of a coaching staff as I've ever witnessed. Ever.

Rahger.......Rahger......Rahger!!!

ESisback

Reaction score
I think he meant from a fantasy standpoint. I also think he didn’t clarify just to stoke people up and get extra clicks.

We don’t appear to have any stat kings, just a crapload of guys who run good routes. Is it better to have 1 guy that gets 1200-1400 yards, or 3 or 4 guys that get 250-500 yards? I think the latter, because they can’t double everyone.