Twitter: Cowboy view Tavon Austin as RB

TheHerd

Reaction score
Interesting. He can be used all over the formation— and in motion from RB would definitely stress out some defensive alignments

So true, but I don't see our offensive brain trust having any clue how to use him. And you're taking Zeke off the field? But for a 6th, no worries.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Not bad. DAL has a need for speed wherever they can get et.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out how to use Dunbar even though he's no longer with us. Hopefully, they'll finally get it right this year.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Every year we hear talk about all these plans and plays we are going to see on offense and when the time comes nothing happens.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They apparently had Lance Dunbar in for a visit. If this keeps him from rejoining the team I am 100% behind it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Love the ideal......remember we heard throughout this process they would probably draft a RB similar to Dunbar. Would be surprised to see him average 10-15 touches a game. All he needs to do is break a couple long ones.....he one defensive coor radar.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Exactly what I thought. He will not have much of an impact on the WR Depth chart.

This acquisition has all the hallmarks of Jerry grinning and saying, "trust me."

Could he possibly be a kick returner?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still trying to figure out how to use Dunbar even though he's no longer with us. Hopefully, they'll finally get it right this year.

I think they clearly figured out how to use Dunbar, but he got hurt.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hes a slash player Dunbar/Whitehead mold..we sure can utilize him with a lot of motion..

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Austin is an Elite athletic talent anytime he's on the field. I'll never EVER forget when he made the Oklahoma Defense full of pro players look silly. If and that's a big IF, they use him properly he can be a big time weapon.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
So true, but I don't see our offensive brain trust having any clue how to use him. And you're taking Zeke off the field? But for a 6th, no worries.

Good point on Zeke... though the thought of having him and Tavon in a 2RB Shotgun formation on 3rd downs makes me smile