Cowboys 1st Round pick

Reaction score
Let’s not forget, there isn’t a ton of film yet on Cooper in this offense. There’s no guarantee that defenses won’t figure out how to take AC away from Dak like they did with Beasley late in 2016. People worry so much about being right / wrong that they make constant knee jerk reactions based on a small sample size of games. I hope Cooper continues to produce but I understand the NFL well enough to know that there’s an ebb and flow to this stuff as teams experiment trying to find that magic bullet.
Yes, more coverage will start to roll towards Cooper in an effort to slow him down.

That's where Gallup comes in. He's has shown an ability to get open. Now Dak has to hit him when the opportunities present themselves.

J-man

Reaction score
I'm just happy Cooper has made eat my words about a #1 being too much for him. He's playing like he did the first 2 years of his career instead of the last 1 1/2 years. Now, how much will it take to re-sign him?

zerofill

Reaction score
If you want to bring out the Romo hate... this is how you do it...

Romo made Dez, just like a lot of receivers he worked with. His arm was about 300x better than Dak's arm is...

So if you think Amari is doing well with Dak, just think what it would have been with Romo lol. Because Romo wouldn't hesitate to make a read and let it go.

Now people can hate Romo & Dez in the same thread... :lmao:

After 2014 Dez had 3 morons to work with in Dallas, then he had a rookie with an incapable arm to make the throws he was good at.

I said before, QBs elevate the receivers, not vice versa... So... What we have here is a switch in roles. Amari is actually technical enough, (and his hands aren't questionable like they
were for a couple seasons in Oakland) to make up for Dak, and elevate the QB. That isn't something you see that often. So for this current team Amari is obviously a better fit.

With Romo either one of them would work. That is the difference between them.

Frankly, it is hard to bash Dez, when he leads the team in TDs... Witten played from 2003 to 2017 Dez from 20010 to 2017... He still has Witten beat in points.
That is 113 games for Dez to 239 games for Witten as well. We all know how much Tony relied on Witten... So that is saying something.

Frankly Dez was a genetic freak, one of the strongest receivers physically ever. He is probably in the top 5 in physicality, as far as WRs go. That is part of why
his body was breaking down at a higher rate.

We can all cut the crap about the sideline issues with Dez as well, since we all heard the audio from those things the media tried to point out as
Dez having a break down... He wasn't saying anything but positive, stuff... He wanted to win. He was saying it to a team, that often looked like they
just woke up out of bed. Many times he was about the only person on the sideline with any emotion.

The only time Dez ticked me off was when he walked off the field. But then again, Zeke ticked me off by giving up on trying to tackle after the int that one game as well.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Amari is killing it.

To be fair Dallas’ 2019 would've been closer to top 10 though.
Cant have our cake and eat it too

Without Coop we wouldve been drafting fairly early.
Raiders are hating this:muttley:
Worth a 10th or so when they traded for him and will end being mid 20s or later (hopefully) by season end

So, as I mentioned before
We get a stud WR in Cooper now but also his future salary
Raiders get a late 1st rounder and the big cap savings

Looking good for us
TBD for Raiders

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Man, this thread is about to bring out the five-man army of Dez supporters. Brace yourselves...
I still love Dez honestly
If he signed a minimum deal with us next year like he did the Saints to be our redzone guy, I'd be happy as all get out. Get to throw up the X again! Cooper between the 20's with Dez and a high draft pick TE in the redzone :yourock:

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Actually Dez bled selfishness and idiocy and that's about all.
I go back and forth with Dez. He was a very physically gifted WR before his big $$ contract. Afterwards he was hindered with some injuries and he never seemed to be the same. Off the field, he was somewhat of a distraction and eventually I think his immaturity carried on to the field and sidelines. I don't doubt his passion to win but opposing DB's started getting into his head and with his lack of concentration, he was not running routes and dropping balls. He was impatient with Dak who was no Romo so he started falling apart.
Personally I never liked his X after he scored. It seemed his teammates would come up to him to congratulate him and he just ignored them (who helped him get there) and played to the crowd. At that point, it seemed more about him than the team. Ultimately he's a good guy but his baggage was too heavy on the sideline/lockeroom.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Cowboys current draft position is #24 in the first round. That Amari pick looking better and better.
That's Taco Charlton territory.

It's also earlier than we got Frederick. A little later than we got LVE.

Note that the pick is lower if we didn't get Cooper.

We gave up a first for half a year on a rookie contract, and the exclusive right to negotiate an extension for a year while he plays on his fifth year option, if we don't get a deal done before that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I still love Dez honestly
If he signed a minimum deal with us next year like he did the Saints to be our redzone guy, I'd be happy as all get out. Get to throw up the X again! Cooper between the 20's with Dez and a high draft pick TE in the redzone :yourock:

You Despicable lovers are idiotic.
Next year here? Seriously?
A cancer in the lockerroom with a ruptured Achilles heel and perpetually worried it might unravel again?
What's in it for us, teddy boy?
Nothing!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Dez was never 1/10th of the route runner that Amari is. It's great to finally have a real #1 wide receiver again.
Honestly I keep saying that to people. Different types of receivers. Amari was highly touted and went top 5 I believe. Dez went in the twenties. Love Dez but amari is the wideout we’ve been needing.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Completely agree. In praising Cooper, there is no need to be critical of Dez.

I do feel the FO deserve a massive pat on the back for correctly identifying that it was time to move on from Dez and also in recognising what Cooper could be. Ditto switching from Bailey to Maher.
Because Dez isn't the same dynamic receiver he once was. This happens all the time through a variety of reasons to players.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Because Dez isn't the same dynamic receiver he once was. This happens all the time through a variety of reasons to players.
Earl Cambpell was once a dynamic running back, until he wasn't.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You Despicable lovers are idiotic.
Next year here? Seriously?
A cancer in the lockerroom with a ruptured Achilles heel and perpetually worried it might unravel again?
What's in it for us, teddy boy?
Nothing!

Yeah, you're the idiot lmao.

Why so many questions marks?
Next year here? Yes you dumb as I just said next year. Did you want him the year after lmao.
Seriously? Yes, thats why I posted it and gave the reasoning behind how id use him.
He's not a cancer lol, far from it.
Whats in it for us? I just said what's in it for us, can you not read. Redzone target on minimum contract.

Last edited:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Cowboys current draft position is #24 in the first round. That Amari pick looking better and better.

I'll bet Dez is sick, watching Amari catching all those TD passes and seeing what a real number one receiver does.

Yes but have you thought about where we might be picking if we didn’t get Coop? It could have easily been a top five.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'll bet Dez is sick, watching Amari catching all those TD passes and seeing what a real number one receiver does.
I prefer Cooper too, but there's no need to dis Dez.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Next year here? Yes you dumb as I just said next year. Did you want him the year after lmao.
Seriously? Yes, thats why I posted it and gave the reasoning behind how id use him.
Whats in it for us? I just said what's in it for us, can you not read. Redzone target on minimum contract.
You want Dez.
After Achilles tear and rehab.
Hmmm.
Interesting.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Me mum says you are all mixed up in the head she said.