Cowboys 2020 FA: Jerry Jones says not so fast on the idea of Robert Quinn leaving the Cowboys

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Jerry Jones says not so fast:

Jerry Jones wants Robert Quinn to stay in Dallas

Robert Quinn is a free agent come March, but if the Dallas Cowboys have their way, he may not hit the market. I’m told Jerry Jones has been aggressive in letting Quinn know that he wants the pass rusher to be playing in a Cowboys uniform next year. I’m also told Quinn’s preference is to remain in Dallas. If Dallas makes Quinn a competitive offer, don’t expect him to leave town next season.

This would be a huge deal for Dallas if they could keep Quinn. As my friend OCC reminds us, this is a passing league and disrupting the quarterback is job one of a defense. Nobody did that better for Dallas in 2019 than Robert Quinn. His ultra-quick first step combined with his ability to bend is a fearsome combination.

It’s a tricky time for the Cowboys as they have a ton of talent that needs to be signed. The idea of keeping Quinn seemed unlikely to most observers, but maybe the Cowboys are prioritizing Quinn higher than many thought. No one else on the Cowboys had more than 6.5 sacks, and those came from another free agent who only played part of the season in Dallas, Michael Bennett.

The Cowboys will want a better effort out of their defensive line in 2020. They are bringing in coach Jim Tomsula to get that done. Keeping Quinn in the fold would surely help.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-on-the-idea-robert-quinn-leaving-the-cowboys

CB61

Reaction score

Robert Quinn is a free agent come March, but if the Dallas Cowboys have their way, he may not hit the market. I’m told Jerry Jones has been aggressive in letting Quinn know that he wants the pass rusher to be playing in a Cowboys uniform next year. I’m also told Quinn’s preference is to remain in Dallas. If Dallas makes Quinn a competitive offer, don’t expect him to leave town next season.

This would be a huge deal for Dallas if they could keep Quinn. As my friend OCC reminds us, this is a passing league and disrupting the quarterback is job one of a defense. Nobody did that better for Dallas in 2019 than Robert Quinn. His ultra-quick first step combined with his ability to bend is a fearsome combination.

It’s a tricky time for the Cowboys as they have a ton of talent that needs to be signed. The idea of keeping Quinn seemed unlikely to most observers, but maybe the Cowboys are prioritizing Quinn higher than many thought. No one else on the Cowboys had more than 6.5 sacks, and those came from another free agent who only played part of the season in Dallas, Michael Bennett.

The Cowboys will want a better effort out of their defensive line in 2020. They are bringing in coach Jim Tomsula to get that done. Keeping Quinn in the fold would surely help.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-on-the-idea-robert-quinn-leaving-the-cowboys
Especially if we can get some help from the rest of that D line he would catch fire in no time not that he didn't last year but imagine him twice as disruptive?

conner01

Reaction score
You keep Quinn then sign one above avg DT and draft kinlaw
Bring back woods and maybe another mid level DT or late pick
Get a CB, safety and maybe another LB later in draft
Keep one of our FA CB
Find a kicker and a punter
You might just have a competitive team that can push for the playoffs
But you got to hit on a couple day one starter quality players and a couple who can contribute
No red shirts in this draft

superonyx

Reaction score
Keep one of our FA CB
But you got to hit on a couple day one starter quality players and a couple who can contribute
Easy big guy. take it easy.

You just vomited way too many moves in one paragraph....

You really thought this through didn't you?

conner01

Reaction score
Easy big guy. take it easy.

You just vomited way too many moves in one paragraph....

You really thought this through didn't you?
Lol
I’m ready to fix this mess
We need some players like Quinn who show up on Sunday and some new, hungry guys
That might get the rest of them playing like they should

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Keep one of our FA CB
Problem is what if kinlaw is gone? This is why i say marshmallow hill screwd up the defense and we prob have to get a legit 3tech not just abv avg

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I guess Gregory is done.....?

conner01

Reaction score
Problem is what if kinlaw is gone? This is why i say marshmallow hill screwd up the defense and we prob have to get a legit 3tech not just abv avg
Kinlaw could be gone and he’s probably the end of top 17 worthy DT’s though Gallimore had a great week at SR bowl
Hopefully new coaching will light a fire under hill
If he doesn’t get serious I’d cut him in camp to send a message

conner01

Reaction score
3n594m.jpg
Well he did stay after that lol
Jerry didn’t say how long he would stay