Cowboys 2020 FA: Jerry Jones says not so fast on the idea of Robert Quinn leaving the Cowboys

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Horrible against the run and screens, why does anybody want this guy back?
Because pass rushers are a premium.

I think his snap count could go down if we run more of a hybrid, depending on other offseason additions. I think they will avoid playing him standing up if they have to.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Unless we get a DT in FA it's still a top need too
No doubt.

I doubt the new DC is going to not fix that.

There is little doubt to me that physicality is not going to be addressed on defense.

I really disliked Marinelli and his schemes of using undersized DL and a rotation to play the LOS.

Lesser teams could be pushed aside, but better teams had OLs that could attack us.

This whole concept was employed becuz the team first committed to cap expenditures were directed at offense, not defense.

Marinelli was required to make his defense not dominate but merely to slowdown the other offense so our offense could get rolling.

Not exactly a winning plan if the other team could continue to attack thru the 4th Qt. Zeke did not tire them out enough to win.

I am so glad he is gone. Needing to draft and sign players to play these new schemes will be challenging.

Being able to flow back and forth b/w 3-4 and 4-3 schemes and having the right group on the field for that is going to be learned.

So while we all assume MM will fix Dak and his issues..

the defense is where we will see the fireworks.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Loso86

Reaction score
No doubt.

I doubt the new DC is going to not fix that.

There is little doubt to me that physicality is not going to be addressed on defense.

I really disliked Marinelli and his schemes of using undersized DL and a rotation to play the LOS.

Lesser teams could be pushed aside, but better teams had OLs that could attack us.

This whole concept was employed becuz the team first committed to cap expenditures were directed at offense, not defense.

Marinelli was required to make his defense not dominate but merely to slowdown the other offense so our offense could get rolling.

Not exactly a winning plan if the other team could continue to attack thru the 4th Qt. Zeke did not tire them out enough to win.

I am so glad he is gone. Needing to draft and sign players to play these new schemes will be challenging.

Being able to flow back and forth b/w 3-4 and 4-3 schemes and having the right group on the field for that is going to be learned.

So while we all assume MM will fix Dak and his issues..

the defense is where we will see the fireworks.

:popcorn:
agree. Cant wait to see the additions and next season all together

CCBoy

Reaction score
I guess Gregory is done.....?
No, just still out of NFL graces. Hence, the need for one more top notched defensive end to add to the current mix (for the future.)

I'm figuring about two more seasons for Quin and another for Bennett. We need a 1st round defensive tackle this upcoming draft...in my book.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He was messing around.

Although I do think Armstrong is decent #4 DE type

You think Jerry was just messing with us about potentially signing Quinn?

As a 4th or a 3rd, Armstrong is more than fine. We've had worse backups. If we had to go into a season starting him, I'd have hope but no confidence.