Cowboys 2020 starting RDE will be

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We are still looking for Quinn replacement......whether it's the draft, free agency or trade, it's safe to say he's NOT currently on the roster IMO and no, it's not Crawford or Randy Gregory. Unless they are waiting to make a trade or player on another team to be released, our 2020 starting RDE is in this thread, somewhere, but WHO???????

2020 NFL Draft Rankings: Edge Rushers
https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/02/17/nfl-draft-2020-edge-rushers-rankings-best-prospects

KEVIN HANSON
UPDATED:
MAR 15, 2020
ORIGINAL:
FEB 17, 2020

1. Chase Young, Ohio State (JR, 6'5", 264 pounds)

Checking all the boxes teams covet in a pass-rusher, Young's elite traits are matched by elite production. Combining an ideal blend of size, length and athleticism, Young has an explosive first step with outstanding bend and advanced hand usage. Commanding double (or even triple) teams, Young's impact isn't always felt in the box score, but he posted a school-record and FBS-high 16.5 sacks in 2019 after recording 10.5 as a sophomore. As talented as any pass-rushing prospect over the past several draft classes, Young has the potential to become a perennial All-Pro early in his career.

2. K’Lavon Chaisson, LSU (JR, 6'3", 254 pounds)

Chaisson tore his ACL in the 2018 season opener and is one of the younger prospects—turns 21 at the end of July—in this year's draft class. Displaying outstanding burst and bend around the edge, Chaisson flashes elite pass-rushing upside, but he has lacked consistent sack production. That said, he led the team in sacks (6.5) in 2019 and built momentum down the stretch with 4.5 sacks in his final four games. More projection than production at this early point in his development, Chaisson has the elite physical profile to develop into a high-end pass-rusher at the next level.

Honestly, I'm also keeping an eye on Jevoney Clowney on a prove-it deal...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I guarantee you the starting RE is Crawford or Gregory

You think so????? Crawford, I can halfway see NOT Gregory. Now he may win the job in TC but you don't plan your season with around him. Meaning you draft or sign a FA as your potential starter.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The draft is not the answer in this instance. I don't know why the OP is so quick to write off Crawford and Gregory but it's a mistake.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Right now as we speak its Crawford but that is not saying much when we haven't completed FA and the draft.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure why that guy still has DT's on his list. Here is the list I am looking at. Only DE's and CB's and Leary. Take care of wr in the draft.

- Jadeveon Clowney EDGE
- Everson Griffen EDGE
- Logan Ryan CB
- Ronald Darby CB
- Markus Golden EDGE
- Bashaud Breeland CB
- Markus Golden EDGE
- Cameron Wake EDGE
- Jason Verrett CB
- Daryl Worley
- Ron Leary G

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You think so????? Crawford, I can halfway see NOT Gregory. Now he may win the job in TC but you don't plan your season with around him. Meaning you draft or sign a FA as your potential starter.
I agree with him. I don't think they are planning their season around him. I think Crawford is the starter until either Gregory is ready.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
PFF is mocking Chaisson to Dem Boyz:

17. DALLAS COWBOYS — EDGE K’LAVON CHAISSON, LSU
Not even 21 years old yet, Chaisson is a player who has a good deal of perceived ‘upside’ with his athletic traits. He’s got a long way to go to fulfill that, though, as he earned only a 78.9 pass-rushing grade this past season and racked up 35 pressures on 370 pass-rushing snaps.

If they draft him he'll be in the mix.

morasp

Reaction score
PFF is mocking Chaisson to Dem Boyz:

17. DALLAS COWBOYS — EDGE K’LAVON CHAISSON, LSU
Not even 21 years old yet, Chaisson is a player who has a good deal of perceived ‘upside’ with his athletic traits. He’s got a long way to go to fulfill that, though, as he earned only a 78.9 pass-rushing grade this past season and racked up 35 pressures on 370 pass-rushing snaps.

If they draft him he'll be in the mix.

At least on passing downs. I've seen a lot of mock drafts having him fall to us.