Cowboys 2020 starting RDE will be

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If that corner can come right in and play yes it would make more sense. But can he come right in and play better than Brown, Lewis or Chido? Because if he can't....I can get a corner in the 2nd or 3rd round.
All three mentioned above made an impact as a rookie, where Awuzie was a day 1 starter, none of them were 1st day picks. If the team did draft a 1st rd corner, their expectations would be a day 1 impact starter at the position.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All three mentioned above made an impact as a rookie, where Awuzie was a day 1 starter, none of them were 1st day picks. If the team did draft a 1st rd corner, their expectations would be a day 1 impact starter at the position.
They made a impact but we need someone who can come right in and start over there. We need more than a 3rd or 4th corner with that pick.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They made a impact but we need someone who can come right in and start over there. We need more than a 3rd or 4th corner with that pick.
I said if they draft a 1st rd corner he is expected to start day 1.

timb2

Reaction score
Randy Gregory will be suspended for pot Tyrone Crawford will get injured just putting his jock strap on and be out for the whole season. So it's going to be Joe Jackson if they don't draft a defensive end

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I said if they draft a 1st rd corner he is expected to start day 1.
You expect that? Like I said above it would depend on who it is. Not all of those corners are projected to be ready Day 1. Okudah for sure. After that it gets blurry.

cowboyec

Reaction score
just to be different...
Joe Jackson.
can't wait to see what THIS staff does with that 6'5 hurricane off the edge.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Since when is 6.5 sacks in college good for a pass rusher?

Seems more of a upside player which Cowboys never see the upside. I rather draft a proven player in the 1st round that is more of a cant miss
I can't really judge because I don't watch LSU games. However, I got a few thoughts:

- LSU had to have had a great defense for them to beat out Bama and win the Natty

- I am gonna presume he was a big part of that defense.

- Tank had 5 sacks. No one will say he wasn't a huge part of the Cowboys defense.

Sometimes stats don't tell the full story.

Bizwah

Reaction score
It'll be Tyrone Crawford. The team has an unhealthy obsession with him. He's a solid player....but he doesn't scare offenses.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
It'll be Tyrone Crawford. The team has an unhealthy obsession with him. He's a solid player....but he doesn't scare offenses.
No he does not.

He gets "hustle" sacks every once in a while but very little technical or athletic skills.

JBS

Reaction score
Crawford will start to validate/justify the Front Office's contract.

Gregory will play the important downs.

Chaisson at 17 could very well be an option.

Chaisson not an option. He'd probably be an option under a different front office. Not this one.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
If the draft falls with both Kinlaw and Henderson gone - I could see Chaisson being the pick. The other 2 are preferable but if they can't trade back he would be my 3rd option.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I can a system like they had in 2018 where Crawford played run downs, and Gregory played pass downs.

In that scenario, your starting DE would technically be Crawford

Nolan actually likes bigger DL. We have seen this with the pickups in McCoy and Poe, but also likes bigger DE's in NO he had Jordan and Davenport. I could actually see this team picking Epenesa to play the right side.

People talk about him not having the bend or the twitch. But neither does a guy like Watt. He bullies T's. He uses his strength and his technique which is far superior to get his production. Epenesa is this type of player. Not saying he is in Watts league, but he does have the same style of play.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nolan actually likes bigger DL. We have seen this with the pickups in McCoy and Poe, but also likes bigger DE's in NO he had Jordan and Davenport. I could actually see this team picking Epenesa to play the right side.
Epenasa fits especially if we want a multiple front defense. However it looks like his stock is trending towards early 2nd. Might be gone when we pick in the 2nd, and #17 will be too much of a reach

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Epenasa fits especially if we want a multiple front defense. However it looks like his stock is trending towards early 2nd. Might be gone when we pick in the 2nd, and #17 will be too much of a reach

Its stupid how players fall when no football is being played. Because if you go by his play on the field the guy should be a top 15 pick. No questions.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its stupid how players fall when no football is being played. Because if you go by his play on the field the guy should be a top 15 pick. No questions.
Ya, but athletically he graded out well below RDE thresholds. Teams aren't going to look at him as an NFL RDE, and thats going to drop his stock. Teams will look at him as a good football player, but not a team building player you take in the 1st