Cowboys 2021 Draft Prospect: Davis Mills the hidden QB gem

bodi

Reaction score
https://thelandryhat.com/2021/02/25...3OgFwVYF60Wo3QQKQa49bqg2Q5pnoshW2LP5kwBTedEto

DAVIS MILLS – 6-foot-4, 225 (STANFORD)
Career Stats: 13 games, 287-438 (65.5%), 3,468 yards, 18 TD, 8 INT
Davis Mills was a 5-star recruit and the highest-rated pro-style quarterback in his class. He was highly productive in limited time at Stanford, yet is flying under the 2021 draft radar as he hasn’t started a full season or very many games.

As a Junior in 2019, he replaced injured starter, K.J. Costello, for eight games of the season. Overall his superior production ultimately swiped the job away. Costello had been the starter the past two seasons and he transferred to Mississippi State for 2020 after losing out to Mills.

2020 was another limited season for Mills as Stanford only played five games due to the pandemic. In another smaller sample size, Mills continued to display professional-caliber pocket presence, accuracy, advanced ball placement, and plus arm strength.

In a weapon-rich passing offense like Dallas, I project Mills as the third-highest ceiling pocket passer in the draft behind Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson. Unlike those two household names, Mills can be secured in Day Two of the draft.

Mills played 11 games in which he attempted over 25 passes. Five games resulted in a 70 percent or greater completion rate. Eight times he threw over 60 percent completions. His career completion rate of 66 percent demonstrates solid accuracy.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://thelandryhat.com/2021/02/25...3OgFwVYF60Wo3QQKQa49bqg2Q5pnoshW2LP5kwBTedEto

Davis Mills was a 5-star recruit and the highest-rated pro-style quarterback in his class. He was highly productive in limited time at Stanford, yet is flying under the 2021 draft radar as he hasn’t started a full season or very many games.

As a Junior in 2019, he replaced injured starter, K.J. Costello, for eight games of the season. Overall his superior production ultimately swiped the job away. Costello had been the starter the past two seasons and he transferred to Mississippi State for 2020 after losing out to Mills.

2020 was another limited season for Mills as Stanford only played five games due to the pandemic. In another smaller sample size, Mills continued to display professional-caliber pocket presence, accuracy, advanced ball placement, and plus arm strength.

In a weapon-rich passing offense like Dallas, I project Mills as the third-highest ceiling pocket passer in the draft behind Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson. Unlike those two household names, Mills can be secured in Day Two of the draft.

Mills played 11 games in which he attempted over 25 passes. Five games resulted in a 70 percent or greater completion rate. Eight times he threw over 60 percent completions. His career completion rate of 66 percent demonstrates solid accuracy.
I also like Trask. he is a statue and can't run, but neither does Brady or did Peyton......he is a pocket passer, with good pocket awareness.

I don't like Fields or Trey Lance.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I like his game, but there's some coaching up that needs to be done...as expected. CeeDee and the TEs would love this guy!

Certainly not 1st round, but if a team could select Mills in the 3rd, I think that's a good spot.

Gaede

Reaction score
All I know is I take him in most drafts around pick 99. Seems like a good prospect with a quick release

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m all for it. We need a backup and maybe he blossoms under Mikes tutelage.

My3Sons

Reaction score

Thanks for posting. I really like this kid.

Creeper

Reaction score
If the Cowboys take a QB in the draft, assuming they intend to keep Dak, then I would love to know why the used a draft pick to take DiNucci.

KB1122

Reaction score
Why don't we pick the obvious prospect, instead?