Twitter: Cowboys 26th in explosive

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, and we are building quite the defence. That's the important thing here.

LOL....what other BS excuses will these Dak-bots come up with to excuse the obvious....160 yards 1 TD 40 yards rushing and thats on a good day......

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
LOL....what other BS excuses will these Dak-bots come up with to excuse the obvious....160 yards 1 TD 40 yards rushing and thats on a good day......

I support whoever's the QB on this team, so let's get that out the way. Hell, I supported Quincy Carter and Weeden when they QBd here. Yes, Dak was dreadful against Carolina, but he played a better game against the Giants. Mainly because he did more of what I thought he could do which was use his legs more. Using his legs to create space IS his game. Romo was the sort of QB that you use to sit back in the pocket and pick defences apart. Thus, the gunslinger styles of offence fitted him best. Dak's NOT a sit in the pocket QB, as I've said numerous times. He's more of a WCO/RPO type QB. He was allowed to play to that WCO/RPO style of offence against NYG, and we saw the result. I like that he plays smart football with occasional shots down the field. It'd help if the WRs catch the ball better. For example, Gallup had a possible TD if he caught the ball last week on what was actually not a bad pass by Dak. The point is, Dak played smart and hit the targets when needed. It's up to the WRs to catch the passes if they're catchable. Sure, he had some bad passes, but overall, he was much improved. I expect continued improvement this week from him.

As for the defences, why is that a BS excuse? Do you not want a strong defence? Do you think this offence should be able to out score everyone? That worked BRILLIANTLY for the 2013 Broncos, didn't it?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A better stat would be net explosive plays. How many each team made minus how many allowed.

Exactly. That would give a better assessment of teams. The biggest problem that we had the last 2 weeks defencively was defending the read option. If we can get that sorted out, then we'll be great defencively. Besides that and the late brain cramp from our defence to Engram, our defence has been rock solid.

Bluefin

Reaction score
I love explosive plays when we are making them. I hate turnovers when we are making them. I'll take less explosive plays and no turnovers for $500 Alex.
This season is too young to draw meaningful conclusions from, especially considering the Carolina game was an almost perfect storm of bad situations for the offense to perform.

That said, the lack of big passing plays on offense has been a trend since Dak Prescott became the starter in 2016.

2016: 38 passes of 20+ yard, tied for 23rd in NFL.
2017: 34 passes of 20+ yards, 21st in NFL.

Tony Romo 2014: 49 passes of 20+ yards, 13th in NFL.

Dak needs to take more shots down the field and hit on more big plays, but I'm not looking for an earth shattering increase or anything. Just adding 10 big passes to the season totals of the past two years would get Dak in the top half of the league and be similar to what we saw in the Romo-Murray ball control offense in '14.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This season is too young to draw meaningful conclusions from, especially considering the Carolina game was an almost perfect storm of bad situations for the offense to perform.

That said, the lack of big passing plays on offense has been a trend since Dak Prescott became the starter in 2016.

2016: 38 passes of 20+ yard, tied for 23rd in NFL.
2017: 34 passes of 20+ yards, 21st in NFL.

Tony Romo 2014: 49 passes of 20+ yards, 13th in NFL.

Dak needs to take more shots down the field and hit on more big plays, but I'm not looking for an earth shattering increase or anything. Just adding 10 big passes to the season totals of the past two years would get Dak in the top half of the league and be similar to what we saw in the Romo-Murray ball control offense in '14.

Yes, and he'd have had at least a second against the NYG if Gallup catches that.

Bluefin

Reaction score
A better stat would be net explosive plays. How many each team made minus how many allowed.
There is a stat called toxic differential that looks at big plays allowed and turnovers.

Dallas and Seattle both only have 9 explosive plays on offense as they are each struggling, but the Pokes only have 2 turnovers while the Hawks have 5.

The Cowboys have allowed just 7 explosive plays on defense while generating 1 turnover while the Hawks have allowed 12 explosive plays to go with 5 turnovers.

You can read about this and more over at Cowboys Wire.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He doesn't as he's unable to! Now what fan base wants this type of cripple QB? Might as well go get Tyrod Taylor as a back up in case Dak gets injured....just to keep the mediocrity constant at QB....
Might as well go and get Matt Stafford and his deep ball. You won't have any playoff success but at least you're ur fantasy team will be good......sounds familiar.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
He doesn't as he's unable to! Now what fan base wants this type of cripple QB? Might as well go get Tyrod Taylor as a back up in case Dak gets injured....just to keep the mediocrity constant at QB....

Tyrod Taylor chucks the ball down the field quite a lot. And he throws lots of INTs because of it.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Which baffles me, they had preseason to get acclimated to each other.

Just like last season when our offense sputtered it's the o-line not playing as well as it should which snowballs into the entire offense. They HAD preseason to get acclimated to each other but Prescott sat most of the games and then Frederick went out right before the season started. When this line plays like it SHOULD Dak and the offenses numbers will climb. We don't need Dak to be Aaron Rodgers we need him to drive the bus and manage games. Nothing is wrong with that until he can further develop into a better QB. Aaron Rodgers wasn't Aaron Rodgers in year 3 he was on the bench if I'm not mistaken, Big Ben was a bus driver but starting to get there, Wilson was a bus driver with a good defense, etc, etc...it takes time and if we can't win games with him then we will move on. If he never develops any further and we can't win games with him then we'll move on.
The thing I don't get is people rooting for his failure nonstop...yeah lets go through the
QB carousel for 5-10 years hoping and praying the guy we draft top 5 isn't a total bust.

Them

Reaction score
Twitter: Cowboys 26th in explosive

...Once their powder gets dry, they should be a little more explosive!...jus' say'n…:cool:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder why this is?

DnrHHeAUYAA7f3q.jpg
Passing effeciency means more than passing yardage.

But please, don't let me stop your Dak bashing agenda.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Passing effeciency means more than passing yardage.

But please, don't let me stop your Dak bashing agenda.

It's not called Bashing when its the TRUTH!!!
And I don't have an Agenda what is this the FBI or something ......my only Agenda is to see the Cowboys Superbowl Champions before I meet the man in the sky one day and Dak Prescott is delaying this big time....call that an agenda fine ....

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyrod Taylor chucks the ball down the field quite a lot. And he throws lots of INTs because of it.

My apologies to Tyrod who at least throws it down field no matter that it might be interpreted sometimes ....at least he has faith in his arm and for this he has my respect....