Twitter: Cowboys activate Gregory window

Roland

Reaction score
LoL yeah, everyone says Gallimore is so important and will improve the D alot...

One can only hope.
Look, I am not saying that he is going to make this huge difference, but he started to show something. I seem to recall he blew up a running play against Pit I believe it was last year. When that happened, I really couldnt remember the last time we had a DT that shot the gap and stuffed a runner like that in a long time. And that is something we need more of. Any player that can give me a little bit more up front is a good thing to have. We will need to be stout against the run this week. If he can help stop or even slow down WFT running game, I am all for it. At the very least, he gives us another fresh pair of legs out there for the rotation.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
No real body of work with Gallimore.

Talk pretty much based on potential. And let’s face it…the true meaning of potential just means one hasn’t done anything yet.

Still good to have him back in the fray.
"Your potential is gonna get me fired son".

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't totally agree. Played 14 games, 9 as a starter.

28 Tackles, half a sack, 2 QB hurries, 6 QB pressures.

Many good NFL DTs do less their rookie season.

Whoa what gaudy numbers.

Maliek Collins farts in his general direction.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wanna give me a list of rookie DTs who did better last year around the league?

(I know you won't, so I'll save you the trouble. It ain't long.)

Well no I won't because you don't assign me homework but what I will do is tell you those numbers you just posted are street free agent type production. Why anyone would post them in defense of Gallimore is beyond me. Maliek Collins was infinitely more productive his rookie year.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Look, I am not saying that he is going to make this huge difference, but he started to show something. I seem to recall he blew up a running play against Pit I believe it was last year. When that happened, I really couldnt remember the last time we had a DT that shot the gap and stuffed a runner like that in a long time. And that is something we need more of. Any player that can give me a little bit more up front is a good thing to have. We will need to be stout against the run this week. If he can help stop or even slow down WFT running game, I am all for it. At the very least, he gives us another fresh pair of legs out there for the rotation.

Well, you're not alone on the boards. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I'd rather wait and see before I make up my mind about him. Dlaw had a nice return game, so why can't he? Sunday will show. :cool:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
the-boys-are-back-in-town-always-sunny.gif

T-RO

Reaction score
As usual, schooling Risen in football is pathetically easy.

2020 DT draft class in order with rookie tackle totals:

Round 1
Derrick Brown, 34 Tackles
Javon Kinlaw, 33 Tackles​
Round 2
Ross Blacklock, 14 Tackles
Raekwon Davis, 40 Tackles​
Round 3
Justin Madubuike, 19 Tackles
DaVon Hamilton, 30 Tackles
Neville Gallimore, 28 Tackles
Jordan Elliott, 15 Tackles
McTelvin Agim, 8 Tackles​

Tackles aren't the ultimate stat, but good short-hand. Gallimore had very productive rookie season for DT.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
Greg’s back is huge….and Gally is just another big dude that is quick so it will help. I’m not expecting Donald here, but he should be fresh like Dlaw was last week.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree. And it’s not as though the bar set by the current defensive tackles is terribly high.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
As usual, schooling Risen in football is pathetically easy.

2020 DT draft class in order:

Round 1
Derrick Brown, 34 Tackles
Javon Kinlaw, 33 Tackles​
Round 2
Ross Blacklock, 14 Tackles
Raekwon Davis, 40 Tackles​
Round 3
Justin Madubuike, 19 Tackles
DaVon Hamilton, 30 Tackles
Neville Gallimore, 28 Tackles
Jordan Elliott, 15 Tackles
McTelvin Agim, 8 Tackles​

Tackles aren't the ultimate stat, but good short-hand. Gallimore had very productive rookie season for DT.
Raekwon Davis...
His mama is a Wu-Tang fan. :laugh:

So am I...

Aven8

Reaction score
Speaking of which…..have they done the window for Gally yet?

aikemirv

Reaction score
LoL yeah, everyone says Gallimore is so important and will improve the D alot...

One can only hope.
Honestly Diggy flashed much more this year than Gallimore ever did. I just hope to give him a little more rest because he seems to have hit a wall.