Twitter: Cowboys activate WR Noah Brown

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That doesn't answer the question. How does this make us better on gameday?

Instead of keeping Butler, we've added two scrub WRs to the roster. And two scrubs in the mold of last year - guys without speed who aren't going to be getting separation.

Butler wasn't part of these moves. so he really doesn't apply to the conversation. The Cowboys weren't ready to give up Thompson at the time they let Butler go. Now they are. As for the moves now, the benefit isn't a big improvement in today's roster, it's releasing Thompson so we can get a compensatory 4th round draft pick.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
That doesn't answer the question. How does this make us better on gameday?

Instead of keeping Butler, we've added two scrub WRs to the roster. And two scrubs in the mold of last year - guys without speed who aren't going to be getting separation.

Look, this team is in a death spiral right now, but I'm guessing if Geoff Swaim is healthy, you either wont see Schultz or Jarwin who were a complete disaster on Monday. They like the way Noah Brown blocks in the run game.

With Thompson gone and Tavon Austin still out, I'm guessing Lenoir becomes your guy to take a knee in the end zone when the Eagles kick off 8 times on Sunday Night.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Butler wasn't part of these moves. so he really doesn't apply to the conversation. The Cowboys weren't ready to give up Thompson at the time they let Butler go. Now they are. As for the moves now, the benefit isn't a big improvement in today's roster, it's releasing Thompson so we can get a compensatory 4th round draft pick.

The release of Thompson was in the cards when we dumped Butler. On what planet were we going to give up a fourth to keep Thompson's production for half a season?

And if it's all about dumping Thompson, why bring up Brown and Lenoir? That's what we really need? Two scrubs at the bottom of our WR lineup? Scrub 5 and 6?

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I see Thompson was let go so lance or Noah will be active in his place one will sit..they better carry an extra Guard if whomever is taking over starts getting Chaz Greened, yank him early Philly will be coming from over that dude all day

I actually forgot about Joe Thomas being hurt. So the inactives are set: Thomas, Lee, Irving, Austin, Charlton, Williams, White (QB3).

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Look, this team is on a death spiral right now, but I'm guessing if Geoff Swaim is healthy, you either wont see Schultz or Jarwin who were a complete disaster on Monday. They like the way Noah Brown blocks in the run game.

With Thompson gone and Tavon Austin still out, I'm guessing Lenoir becomes your guy to take a knee in the end zone when the Eagles kick off 8 times on Sunday Night.

I can see bringing on Brown. I expected them to do it. It's a rather lame move, as they're using up an IR return on another developmental player, but maybe they're giving up on our playing our scrub TEs and would rather play our scrub WR to block instead.

But one of the reasons why Lenoir didn't make the 53 was that he was a disaster at kick returns two preseasons running. We want to eat a roster spot for a PS scrub so he can do kneel downs, when he's been a proven screw up on returns? Bleh.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
tenor.gif
I love “Any Given Sunday”!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The release of Thompson was in the cards when we dumped Butler. On what planet were we going to give up a fourth to keep Thompson's production for half a season?

And if it's all about dumping Thompson, why bring up Brown and Lenoir? That's what we really need? Two scrubs at the bottom of our WR lineup? Scrub 5 and 6?

Are you aware of any star players are there available to bring up?

One of these guys was put on the roster to replace Thompson. I can't explain why they activated 2 receivers. I concede that doesn't make a lot of sense. But in the end one of these guys, or anyone else the might have brought up from the practice squad, likely isn't going to be active on game day anyway, so what difference does it really make?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I don't about you guys, but i'm now penciling us in for a W in Philly.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I glad Noah is back not so sure about lenior. Maybe they want to get the summer boyz back together. Da

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
N. Brown is better blocker than Jarwin. Better receiver too.

He’s pretty much H-Back type player when you see him out there he’s either dragging on a play action or blocking on a run. That’s the plays he’s usually on.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Are you aware of any star players are there available to bring up?

One of these guys was put on the roster to replace Thompson. I can't explain why they activated 2 receivers. I concede that doesn't make a lot of sense. But in the end one of these guys, or anyone else the might have brought up from the practice squad, likely isn't going to be active on game day anyway, so what difference does it really make?

I'm glad you're on board that two made little sense. For my part I'll say I don't have a big problem with Brown, given our options, but if we wanted to actually win games this year, Butler was the better bet. And he was such a natural swap for Thompson besides.

If Lenoir won't be activated anyway, why bring him up? He was on our PS and not going anywhere. Better to poach a PS player from another team. Are we to suppose that Lance Lenoir was the best PS player in the league?