Twitter: Cowboys activate WR Noah Brown

Zman5

Reaction score
He’s pretty much H-Back type player when you see him out there he’s either dragging on a play action or blocking on a run. That’s the plays he’s usually on.

Against Denver last year, he did a good job blocking Von Miller in that role. So much so it pissed Miller off. I heard Miller saying after the game "Their TE was cut blocking me all day" in an angry tone.

Mr_437

Reaction score
At this point, I'm all for player development so I like this move. Lance is a way better WR than return man, also, Jourdan Lewis may take over more return duties till Tavon gets back. That offense needs all the blocking they can get, good to see Mr. Brown available cause he's known for manhandling cats.

Well, Cooper Rush is familiar with these WRs, maybe #7 is close to getting a go at driving the offense.

cern

Reaction score
both guys with whom dak had a comfort level. albeit, only in practices. it's pretty obvious what the front office and coaches are trying to do. but is the problem the receivers? or is the problem dak? as much as I hate to say it, the latter looms the likelier candidate.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
both guys with whom dak had a comfort level. albeit, only in practices. it's pretty obvious what the front office and coaches are trying to do. but is the problem the receivers? or is the problem dak? as much as I hate to say it, the latter looms the likelier candidate.

The problem is pass protection.

When the pass pro is good, Dak wins.

Play calling and scheme contribute the the pass protection issues. Pass pro was good vs Jax in part because they had Dak running more. DEs tend to read and react against running QBs instead of going alll out off the snap.

cern

Reaction score
The problem is pass protection.

When the pass pro is good, Dak wins.

Play calling and scheme contribute the the pass protection issues. Pass pro was good vs Jax in part because they had Dak running more. DEs tend to read and react against running QBs instead of going alll out off the snap.
can't argue that pass blocking has been virtually nonexistent this season. your point well taken.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
At this point, I'm all for player development so I like this move. Lance is a way better WR than return man, also, Jourdan Lewis may take over more return duties till Tavon gets back. That offense needs all the blocking they can get, good to see Mr. Brown available cause he's known for manhandling cats.

Well, Cooper Rush is familiar with these WRs, maybe #7 is close to getting a go at driving the offense.
We need coach development.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
can't argue that pass blocking has been virtually nonexistent this season. your point well taken.
Stats correlate to Dak winning during his career when the pressure rate is below 40%. The league average is around 33%. That means that if he gets league average pass protection, then he wins most of those games.

That's all been without a legit group of WRs and TEs at any point. They were OK with Dez, Witten and Beasley in 2016 but neither Dez or Witten were close to their 2014 and earlier abilities. TWill was the #2 outside WR and Hanna was not really a receiver type as the 2nd TE.

They finally have WR with legit #1 WR abilities but WR is the hardest position other than QB to integrate into a team mid-season. Gallup looks good for the future but historically WR is the position where rookies struggle the most (other than QB).

They missed TE Swaim in the last game. When your team misses Geoff Swaim as the top TE, you might have a problem.