Cowboys also Undefeated when Su'a-Filo Starts

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
One thing that I saw in this past game with the game still in doubt the Cowboys had Martin out and Cowboys still over came that and put up 3 TD 2 in regulation and 1 in OT. While Philly has issues in the secondary they don't have issues on the DL.

We've got great depth on the oline. Looney, Fleming, Sua-Filo/Williams. All 4 are credible NFL starters.

It's weird, though. I checked on the PFF grades and SF is graded in the 40s. Okay, he gets dinged for the game he played injured, but he's looked much better than that to me.

cern

Reaction score
Thanks and kudos to will Mcclay and stephen Jones for williams, looney, Fleming and filo. Last year's Atlanta game made a big impression on them. And they did something about it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Believe me. Connor Williams is the better player. If Zach Martin needs some time off I think we put Connor Williams back in regardless, La'el can go in to LG and Flemming at RT. Connor was good at RG against Fletcher Cox in place of Martin.

Check out this in depth video explaining the whole o-lines game against the Eagles.

What stands out to me is that Tyron looks comfortable playing. Earlier in the season he had the "old man bad back" look.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We've got great depth on the oline. Looney, Fleming, Sua-Filo/Williams. All 4 are credible NFL starters.

It's weird, though. I checked on the PFF grades and SF is graded in the 40s. Okay, he gets dinged for the game he played injured, but he's looked much better than that to me.

Go with your own eyes over PFF.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
What stands out to me is that Tyron looks comfortable playing. Earlier in the season he had the "old man bad back" look.

I agree on both accounts. He was hurting from a stinger too. The guy I am worried about is Martin because you can see he's having to anchor on a real bad knee right now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

what I do know is he has been part of the OL since we got on the win streak so he is doing enough to help the team regardless of PFF rankings.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Cowboys have been undefeated ever since I switched from Whole milk to Coconut Almond milk. Might be a coincidence.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If you go watch the Eagles game, you will see what I'm talking about.. Not one play. Don't give me that nonsense.

Go watch the entire game, and you will see Su'a-Filo was contributing in a big way out there.

I watched the game, and just focused on his play, fast forwarded the defensive and ST plays, and he's not only not as big as a liability as Williams, his play actually makes us better
– on most plays.
He's great on the running game, but smart in passing too.... Biggest two things are his high motor, like a d-lineman, and he's a smart, crafty player.
It's interesting.

Usually..we are not good at in-game adjustments.

In this game..

Martin is injured.

Our running attack is going to suffer.

Zeke manages to get enough yardage so they sort of suck up to the LOS to stop him.

Then we drop 3 TDs down their pants.

It was obvious to me the rushing attack was not going to win the game.

There was not enough plays left in a close back and forth game to just Duke it out.

So we threw.

We rarely do that and win.

garyv

Reaction score
When he first got the start, I saw a lot of sports writers bagging on him, saying he was overrated, that we were winning in spite of him and that Connor Williams should get the start, in spite of the uptick in offense since he's been plugged in at LG.

But go look at the Eagles game.

Part of the reason they were allowed to do so much offensively, albeit not in the red zone, is because Dak had a lot of time on the left side, or at least he had space to work.

And Zeke had places to run.. behind Su'a-Filo.

The only part of Su'a-Filo's game that was a little weak was on the bull rush, but he's still able to hang in there.

Starting him over Connor Williams is a no-brainer at this point.. He may be good one day, but Su'a-Filo is playing lights out for Dallas in the sense that he makes the offensive unit better and more productive.

I'm not saying he's perfect. I'm saying he's a good fit for what we do, and a better fit than Williams right now/this year.

I say leave him in there and let Conner play a few snaps here and there. If it ain't broke don't fix it !!!