Cowboys and Brandon Weeden agree to 2-year deal

vlad

Reaction score
Do teams sign camp-arms for that much? Or is he supposed to be more than a camp arm?

I have zero issue with giving a guy with talent another shot, while rare, you never know what could happen- but I don't understand giving it to a guy who will turn 31 in the season, where the team is hoping/planning on Romo being around at least what, 2 years?

I don't know what to make of this signing - he's dirt cheap so I assume its for camp/stability purposes

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I haven't gotten a chance to read the previous posts, but I'll give my 2 cents.

I think this is a really good signing. As good a backup I think Orton is, he was making like $5 million. We got a capable backup for very cheap, 2 years/$1.23 million. I think he'll also look better than he did in the mess of an organization that Cleveland is. Overall, we got a backup for very cheap who has starting experience and we're able to free up all that money going to Orton. I definitely don't think Weeden should be considered a possible future starter, but I'm fine with him being a backup.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I haven't gotten a chance to read the previous posts, but I'll give my 2 cents.

I think this is a really good signing. As good a backup I think Orton is, he was making like $5 million. We got a capable backup for very cheap, 2 years/$1.23 million. I think he'll also look better than he did in the mess of an organization that Cleveland is. Overall, we got a backup for very cheap who has starting experience and we're able to free up all that money going to Orton. I definitely don't think Weeden should be considered a possible future starter, but I'm fine with him being a backup.

I agree. Not saying I love the signing, but it seems very benign when seeing the numbers. Just hope he never plays after we draft a QB.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
So Ed Werder says he could be the next GUY on the team while posters here are saying he's just a camp body.

I am sure our fearless leader Jerry will clarify this very soon.

I'm guessing we get a statement that makes no sense or maybe another one of his Bronco stories.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Dont really know much about the dude. But just scanning through some posts, is he like Rex Grossman bad?

erod

Reaction score
Who is the backup QB in New Orleans. Denver, and New England?

Exactly.

Backup quarterbacks don't matter.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Who is the backup QB in New Orleans. Denver, and New England?

Exactly.

Backup quarterbacks don't matter.

Denver has Brock Osweiler, who teams were calling about in trade. Same for Mallett in New England. Luke McCown in N.O.

You could have chosen better examples to try to prove your point.

erod

Reaction score
Also, two years ago, this was a first round pick.

He is only a $75K cap hit.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Denver has Brock Osweiler, who teams were calling about in trade. Same for Mallett in New England. Luke McCown in N.O.

Yeah, Denver and New England have good young QBs who many teams think could be starters.

erod

Reaction score

And the difference between Osweiler and Weeden is that Osweiler hasn't had the chance to prove he sucks yet.