1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Cowboys and Brandon Weeden agree to 2-year deal

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

60,505 Messages
    63,528 Likes Received
    So, Weeden is better because Holmgren reached? And yes, Mallett backs up Tom Brady.

Look, I get not getting excited over a now third string, potential second string.

But he is what he is.

In Cleveland, he was horrible.

Trying to minimize the backup QB position in response to the angst is not a smart approach, especially if you use playoff teams who have slightly better in reserve. In other words, still employed, not walking the street then taking a dirt deal from one of the worst organizations in the league at evaluating reserve QB talent.

I don't care we signed him. Might care more later, but I have bigger things to get upset about, or even defend. It is borderline irrelevant to our success in 2014.

2. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    Also... its not like if Weeden played with no talent around him.

Joe Thomas and Alex Mack to protect him... yes an OL is made with 5 players, but Schwartz and Greco werent so bad and the other two QB did better than him.
    Josh Gordon as receiver, enough said.
    Jordan Cameron as tight end, enough said.

He is awful, period.

Zordon, tantrix1969 and alicetooljam like this.
  3. al124

al124 Active Member

206 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Weeden doesn't offer anything more than a rookie would've IMHO. Would've liked to see the boys draft Aaron Murray or Tom Savage instead.

4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

16,853 Messages
    20,778 Likes Received
    The one time I watched him, outside of college, was last season when he was throwing bombs away against the Giants and destroyed them. Yes I know one game does not make a player, hell Garrett looked good for one game also. ;)

5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,637 Messages
    22,335 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

6. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

16,069 Messages
    14,790 Likes Received
    Im not excited about him either. I am just pointing out that just because a team uses valuable resources on a QB like a high draft pick, doesn't mean squat.

7. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Well-Known Member

1,228 Messages
    416 Likes Received
    The problem is this guy doesn't deserve to be on any NFL roster he is a pile of you know what. A complete waste of money.

alicetooljam likes this.
  8. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Well-Known Member

1,774 Messages
    1,363 Likes Received
    This makes me want to puke...dont blame it on Cleveland, they had Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron to throw at...

9. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

20,039 Messages
    22,700 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

He will never see a start anyways and if he does...........get some booze at the ready!

10. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    14 pages. I love this place.

The only thing I'll add is this: don't think for a second that Jones isn't going to spend the next few years dumpster diving for QB's trying to find Romo's eventual replacement.

Nothing screams "brilliant personnel man" more than finding a franchise QB for cheap. On some level, I think it chafes Jones to no end that Parcells and Sean Payton get the credit finding and developing Romo, especially after Jones spent years going through Anthony Wright and Clint Storner types with no success.

I'm actually kind of looking forward it. It's going to be entertaining.

DandyDon1722 and Wolfpack like this.
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

4,242 Messages
    3,149 Likes Received
    Now that is positive thinking. :)

12. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

9,740 Messages
    11,703 Likes Received
    Weeden looked good in college due to him just throwing jump balls to Dez. Can't exactly do that type of thing with consistency in the NFL.

13. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

4,011 Messages
    3,973 Likes Received
    Weeden never played with Dez.

DABOYZ and alicetooljam like this.
  14. Stryker44

Stryker44 Well-Known Member

2,619 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    How were you able to get him so cheap? Its less than what he was given in Cleveland when he was a rookie...what? Surprised he'd agree.

15. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,604 Messages
    1,744 Likes Received
    Now that is a compelling argument, ... Hatcher and Ware are both still 31, and Weeden will be 31 in October. Not that much of an age difference.

Probably shouldn't bring up the age thing any more to support your point.

Bottom line is Ware and Hatcher are gone, .. and Weeden is here.

16. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 Hold The Door!

9,773 Messages
    3,861 Likes Received
    doesn't cost us much.... good luck to him. hopefully he outplays expectations.

Vanilla2 likes this.
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

80,042 Messages
    54,669 Likes Received
    So far they are 0-2.

18. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,491 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    I agree...I'll just stick to 17 million per year for2 guys who are on the downside vs a new to the league qb who could develop and is a 1st round pick from 2 seasons ago and is only costing Dallas 600 thousand per year. Not happy cut him.

Mookie and RonSpringsdaman20 like this.
  19. casmith07

casmith07 Attorney-at-Zone

31,538 Messages
    9,312 Likes Received
    Not a terrible signing.

1) he should never see the field. And it does't matter who our backup is, if Romo goes down we're screwed
    2) we might be able to move Orton for a late or mid-rounder to a desperate team like Jacksonville
    3) insurance if Orton decides to retire, which with his waffling, he's basically already retired

20. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

9,740 Messages
    11,703 Likes Received
    You right. I forgot Dez was suspended for the 2009 season. I believe that is when Weeden took over.