Cowboys are being made fun of on tue radio

cern

Reaction score
1.) Name me one team that doesn't tip their hand. It's way more professional to sit down, discuss the best way and then bring it forward while keeping things general to the media and onlookers until the final decision is made.

2.) I am pretty sure that that it was a decision made by Stephen, Jerry, McClay, and Garrett. Ya know. Sitting down and discussing the season and taking TIME to retrospect and discuss a plan before you just go off half cocked. Make sure there are a couple OC's to target worth the upgrade and discuss again and again if this is the right move. I don't want this team to do things on a whim.

3.) Landry didn't have Clint. Clint was totally hands off. Tex Schram was the President of the Dallas Cowboys and who Landry answered to, also Landry and Bum Bright (The Cowboys 2nd owner) absolutely despised each other. To the point that part of the deal to sell the Cowboys in 1988 was to have it in writing that anyone who bought the Cowboys would have to fire Landry because Bum knew the heat it would bring. But he backhanded Landry in a way that Jerry could never have done. Jerry wanted to put Landry as President, but we all know what happened after that. The Media snuck in at the Dinner Party with Jerry and Schram and overheard that Tex was going to fire Landry and retire. The next day it was in print and Jerry took all the blame, but contractually it had to happen and even if it wasn't contractually Landry most likely would have been fired anyway. When Jerry realized the Media had leaded it, he found Landry at a Golf Course in Austin and explained that the media had gotten it wrong, he wanted Landry to assume Tex's role, and Landry refused. So to say that Landry didn't have Clint.. He had much worse than Garrett has, he had Bum Bright who literally tried to flush this team down the toilet and is the true villain in this long story. Jerry has had his share of mistakes and deserves blame for things, but lets be honest. Give ONE owner in this league or any other that can keep a Franchise #1 in popularity, financial, and player popularity without a Championship in literally a quarter of a century. You can't find one. So yes, the lets jump on Jerry stuff gets really old after a while.

Josh
There really were no evil super villains. One way or the other, it was time for Landry to go.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
So everyone thought linehan should’ve been replaced. some said mid season.

Garrett (who most think should be replaced as swell) didn’t think so and then was overruled by his boss.

Now linehan is gone and it’s something for the cowboys to be made fun of.

Sounds like these radio folks know what they’re doing by pandering to the low information fanzz amongst the nfl fanbase

foofighters

Reaction score
Now they are making fun of the cleats. Talking about cleats will not matter in the KCC-NEP game because coaches will have the guys ready with different kinds of cleats based on how field will be.

Why cant Jerry sue them because we made the playoffs too like New England and won a playoff game like they did. They also spoke about an instance in the super bowl when Sean Payton had everyone carry 2 or more cleats to the game since they might need it during the game.
Do you need two tissues?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wasn't the best way to get there, but I cant say I am disappointed Linehan is gone, can you??
No, cannot say I am sorry a change is being made but I am not believing this solves the problem.

Linehan was kept this past season to do just what was done today, make a sacrifice only the Joneses never got word to Garrett before his radio interview and he embarrassed himself and needlessly, Linehan as well.

But all this does is to confirm what 90% of the fans thought before, Garrett does not run the team, he does not fulfill the other duties other HC's do such as the injury announcements.

Now, it's all set in motion and the perfect set up for Booger to take all of the credit. New OC comes in and the O takes off, Cowboys win a ring and Garrett gets nothing, he wanted to keep Linehan.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
No, cannot say I am sorry a change is being made but I am not believing this solves the problem.

Yeah, kind of like a band aid when stitches are needed.

BUT, I think we are better without Linehan, so today is a goodish day.

Flamma

Reaction score
More often than not the media will ask questions before their target is ready to answer them. So you get your standard reply. It's up to us to recognize this, and not just eat it up like mindless Pacmen. They want a story and will do anything to get one. These staff members, coaches, owners, they're not obligated to answer truthfully. They'll answer as they see fit.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
This was sirius xm, I was driving and pulled over to open a thread. Tue radio is THE Radio with a typo.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Coach Garrett says no changes.

GM comes and fires the OC. This is wy we dont win anythng. Handholding and over riding coach Garrett is the worst thing Jerry has done to the Cowboys.

Landry didnt have Clint do a Jerry.

Hiring Garrett was the worst thing he ever did. NOT firing him was the 2nd worst thing.

This is just a long line of Jerry continuing to take say and control out of Garretts hands as we move forward in time. Which if you are going to keep Garrett here, MUST be done if we are to win anything. Brining in a new OC to run the offense completely without Garretts "stamp" is that final act.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Coach Garrett says no changes.

GM comes and fires the OC. This is wy we dont win anythng. Handholding and over riding coach Garrett is the worst thing Jerry has done to the Cowboys.

Landry didnt have Clint do a Jerry.

What radio ? Who's making fun? I gotta know.

Rayman70

Reaction score
sticks and stones...who cares. Aside from the embarrassment,this has been going on for 22 years.

IceBowler

Reaction score
About as much as jimmy Johnson.

I addressed Johnson and Pete Carroll in a follow up post ... Jimmy had no Salary Cap to deal with and FA hadn't quite paralyzed the League the way it does now. For those two who've been successful, although Pete had prior pro experience with the Jets, the road is littered with failures (Saban ring any bells), of those who got it handed to them and ran away with their tails between their legs.

basilhayden

Reaction score
jerry has done that all his time since Johnson....he has made fools of every coach including Parcells....in essence nothing has changed, and neither has the result. Ability to work with Jerry's meddling is a key requirement of any head coach coming to Dallas. Bilicheck would fail in dallas working with Jerry.

I can't believe so many don't understand that.
We are stuck until he dies...

CowboysRule

Reaction score
There were stories early in the year that JG thought about before the season started and again during the bye week. I don't see any reason to think Garrett wasn't on board with this.

conner01

Reaction score
Wasn't the best way to get there, but I cant say I am disappointed Linehan is gone, can you??
If he was kept, people would complain
He gets fired, people complain
I could give a crap less how we got here but I’m glad he’s gone

Reactions: CWR

GMO415

Reaction score
R E L A X. Garrett was in process mode and gave the company line and said a tad bit too much by mistake.