1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Twitter: Cowboys are considering switching Jaylon from MLBer to OLBer?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Apr 29, 2020.

1. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Well-Known Member

1,774 Messages
    1,363 Likes Received
    I have concerns long term, but if there was any immediate concern we probably wouldve seen a LB picked in the draft.

Howboutdemcowboys31 likes this.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

51,000 Messages
    47,358 Likes Received
    He needs to play downhill and sideways.

3. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

2,917 Messages
    2,844 Likes Received
    I KNEW once the new staff saw him at MLB they would want to get him out of there.

I don't claim to be a scout but it always felt to me like he was out of position.

I'm not at all complaining about how pick 17 went, but this may be where all the interest in Murray came from.

4. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

13,393 Messages
    11,455 Likes Received
    Yay! Should have been their positions years ago. Jaylon to SLB, LVE to MLB, Lee to WLB on run downs.

In nickel, I don't know who to put out there with LVE. Joe Thomas? I don't like Jaylon or Lee in coverage.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  5. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

5,048 Messages
    5,048 Likes Received
    Jaylon has some college practice tape (pre-injury) of him pass rushing and the dude was a dawg on the Edge. I don't know how his injury effects him now, but if he can get some of that back it's a no brainer to put him at an outside position.

Jbone100, Bullflop and Corso like this.
  6. fivetwos

2,917 Messages
    2,844 Likes Received
    I agree that he can be a decent pass rusher.

Not that theres ever enough, but if Smith and Gregory come back they really have a ton of guys that can get to the QB.

Giants used to use a package where they had 4 DE on the line at once all rushing.

I trust Nolan to be able to mix things up and put guys in the right spots.

Corso likes this.
  7. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

24,714 Messages
    42,614 Likes Received
    At least give it a go and see what happens.

Bullflop and Mr_437 like this.
  8. fivetwos

2,917 Messages
    2,844 Likes Received
    Arent we talking one LB in nickel in this case?

4 DL, one stand up rusher that's been thrown out there, one LB, and five DB?

Not sure myself. Throwing it out there....

9. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

6,446 Messages
    4,549 Likes Received
    That’s my thought and most of the boards thought I think as well. If they feel lve is able to be the mike that means his neck isn’t as big of a concern...or they don’t care and will push him to the limit lol.

10. fivetwos

2,917 Messages
    2,844 Likes Received
    Thinking about it, any situation that makes 54 have to cover less is fine by me....be it him rushing or on the sideline.

Not a fan of him in coverage.

buybuydandavis likes this.
  11. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

15,120 Messages
    12,644 Likes Received
    We shall see but The middle will be easier this year with two real men at DT
    Not gonna be near as many oline guys getting to second level

Fredbeard, Bullflop and Kolemmitt like this.
  12. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

4,574 Messages
    4,601 Likes Received
    It's a strength of his. If they're moving him outside, I'd expect it to be for some kind of Leo role. Fits in with the desire to be more multiple.

13. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

16,069 Messages
    14,790 Likes Received
    Makes more sense for Jaylon, but not for LVE. There is no way his body can handle to constant contact a Mike has to deal with.

14. texbumthelife

16,069 Messages
    14,790 Likes Received
    Didn't someone within the team staff say they don't think Jaylon could be effective rushing the passer?

15. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

4,574 Messages
    4,601 Likes Received
    It's possible. I didn't hear it. It has been a strength of his, going back to ND.

16. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

27,401 Messages
    17,870 Likes Received
    I have been saying this since he was drafted. More suited for OLB.

17. fivetwos

2,917 Messages
    2,844 Likes Received
    In the 43 very true. For me personally I was thinking of how I heard somewhere that they think he can be an effective rusher.

I really cant wait to see what they have in mind for all these guys.

It truly beats the heck out of showing the same look every week and having the other team tell the media they knew what was coming!

18. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

33,025 Messages
    26,481 Likes Received
    Seems like this team would've addressed linebacker if they had fears of LVE.

Kolemmitt likes this.
  19. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Drunk on Dalton Juice Zone Supporter

20,005 Messages
    20,725 Likes Received
    But he isnt an actual. He is a blitzer. Very different. He doesnt have the skill set to be an edge rusher

20. texbumthelife

16,069 Messages
    14,790 Likes Received
    Saw all his games at ND. He was a pretty good Blitzer before the injury, for sure, but a straight up pass rusher? Eh, not so much. I'm sure we can also agree he's lost a lot of athleticism since then. I dont think he has the bend anymore. He also can't cut or explode off off one of his legs, which men's he has to come from the same spot and is very limited in the moves he can use. I think he's well suited to OLB, but not as a pass rusher Leo kind of guy.

btcutter likes this.