Cowboys Are In Excellent Position...

Reaction score
For all the Willie-Whiners out there, just know one thing, the Cowboys are in excellent positon sitting at 4-1 with the Skins, who beat the Eagles today and is one game behind the Giants.

That is more than what the Eagles can say who are 2-3 and have now lost twice in the division and one in the conference. Actually, the Eagles have three losses in the NFC Conference with losses to Dallas, Skins and Bears.

The bottom line, the Cowboys are not going to win pretty all the time. Yes, the last two weeks have been less than desirable but being at 4-1 is alot better than most NFL teams can say.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish! It's a long season and the Cowboys have not it their stride and when they do the NFL better look out.

DR.WARE

Reaction score
thank god someone else doesent hate being 4-1 i thought i was weird enjoying being 4-1:bow:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
DR.WARE;2311573 said:
thank god someone else doesent hate being 4-1 i thought i was weird enjoying being 4-1:bow:

I actually think there are 3 or 4 of us.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2311561 said:
For all the Willie-Whiners out there, just know one thing, the Cowboys are in excellent positon sitting at 4-1 with the Skins, who beat the Eagles today and is one game behind the Giants.

That is more than what the Eagles can say who are 2-3 and have now lost twice in the division and one in the conference. Actually, the Eagles have three losses in the NFC Conference with losses to Dallas, Skins and Bears.

The bottom line, the Cowboys are not going to win pretty all the time. Yes, the last two weeks have been less than desirable but being at 4-1 is alot better than most NFL teams can say.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish! It's a long season and the Cowboys have not it their stride and when they do the NFL better look out.

The Eagles also blew a 14-0 1st qtr lead, and the Skins dominated from there. One of those TDs shouldn't have even counted as one of the Skins players was blocked in the back on DeSean's runback, and the official PICKED UP the flag saying it didn't count. The Eagles also also lost to a KYLE ORTON Bears team last week.

Oh-for those that complained how our run D is HORRIBLE b/c of the Skins game, look what they did to the Eagles' SUPPOSEDLY stout run D(!).

And oh again-did you hear McFlabb's post-game comments afterwards? Saying how "The Skins didn't deserve to win this game because the Eagles are better"?? Will BSPN run away with his comments like they did with TO's last week??

I'm happy with how we are now. We're fine.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Look at it this way....

We still control our own destiny.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Boysboy;2311577 said:
And oh again-did you hear McFlabb's post-game comments afterwards? Saying how "The Skins didn't deserve to win this game because the Eagles are better"?? Will BSPN run away with his comments like they did with TO's last week??
He really said that? What an idiot.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2311582 said:
He really said that? What an idiot.

Yes he did. Like I said-I'm wondering if the BSPN idiots will run away with his boneheaded comments this week just like they did with TO last week.

I won't be surprised if they don't, b/c Tom Jackson is a McNabb-apologist.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Boysboy;2311577 said:
The Eagles also blew a 14-0 1st qtr lead, and the Skins dominated from there. One of those TDs shouldn't have even counted as one of the Skins players was blocked in the back on DeSean's runback, and the official PICKED UP the flag saying it didn't count. The Eagles also also lost to a KYLE ORTON Bears team last week.

I thought it was a good no call because the tackler was already going down to the ground trying to make the tackle before the blocker even made contact with him. But the tackler missed Jackson and that's when the blocker touch the tackler. That was my observation, at least.

Other than that, I am also happy about being 4-1. Just downright giddy.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
If there aren't any more slots available for 1 - 4 would y'all consider expanding to 5. I'd like to be in...

I have said for the past few years that it's how you finish the season, not at all how you start. I don't care if Dallas is 11-1 when they reach December, they need to finish strong.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm thrilled to be 4-1 at this point. To be honest when I saw the schedule come out I thought being 3-2 at this point would be pretty darn good.

ddh33

Reaction score
I like this team. Their body language worries me a tiny bit, but that's just the obsessive fan part of me. I'm afraid that all of the media coverage and expectations are weighing them down a little bit. It's just hard to play up to unrealistic expectations. Fans seem to expect this team to be perfect and win every game in completely dominating fashion, and anything less is considered failure. That's just hard to deal with constantly.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pick6TerenceNewman;2311561 said:
For all the Willie-Whiners out there, just know one thing, the Cowboys are in excellent positon sitting at 4-1
The locals here are flipping out about being 0-5 and getting shut out in Carolina today.

Wanna trade places with the Cheif fans?

Eskimo

Reaction score
4-1 start means that if the Cowboys only go 6-5 the rest of the way, they still have 10 wins and very likely make the playoffs.

We are doing fine.

We just need to fix up a couple of defensive issues and adjust to what teams are doing to TO.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
For the record, if you had told me before the start of the season that we'd be 4-1 after 5 weeks, I'd have taken it, no questions asked... so I have to be one of the three or four, too...

StarMan2112

Reaction score
I thought this was a nice win. No, it wasn't perfect, but we're not going to win every game 41-10 like some people on this board expect.

The Bengals are a team with their backs against the wall and that can be dangerous. They are not devoid of talent. Just ask the "mighty" Giants.

No doubt we have room for improvement. I just want to see this team playing it's best football come December.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
After Dallas wins @ Arizona next week, they will be 5-1.

Where was Dallas after six games last year?

5-1

Things are setting up nicely, and today was a big win. The Commanders and Eagles have to go on the road to play the Bengals. They are winless, but will they lose all four games to the NFC East? I don't think so. They have a quarterback and weapons on the outside. Sooner or later, they will win some games.