Cowboys are not close to deals with Cobb or Geathers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, they’ll say, “we gave them honest offers” only to have them leave and sign for super cheap one year deals elsewhere

LLLOOLLL, that's us in the nutshell. They prefer poaching from practice squads for cheaper.

Plankton

Reaction score
The Colts are $77M under the cap, and they are letting Geathers go. The guy has had concussion issues. Wouldn't be interested at any price - if a team that has that much space is willing to let the guy walk, you should run away. Cobb's production has been going downhill for four years now - that's a trend. He's also had some injury issues. Wouldn't be interested in him either.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
FA be like....
source.gif
:muttley::lmao2::lmao:

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I think they both get done but I saw cowboys view Cobb as same value we offered Beasley

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Free Agents will stop coming here except the scrubs we have to Google

Once they catch wind of how cheap Lowball Jones is, they won't even come for a visit. Just wearing the Star isn't enough to entice players anymore.

fansince68

Reaction score
:laugh:If we sign Cobb we lose the 5th round comp pick in the 2021 draft...

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I think they both get done but I saw cowboys view Cobb as same value we offered Beasley

Then like I said earlier, if this was the case why did Cobb even bother to visit?

He and his agent had to know what we offered Beasley. Plenty of players leave without signing and end up agreeing to terms a day or two later. 24 hours from now both Cobb and Geathers could be Cowboys or they could be setting up other visits.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Then like I said earlier, if this was the case why did Cobb even bother to visit?

He and his agent had to know what we offered Beasley. Plenty of players leave without signing and end up agreeing to terms a day or two later. 24 hours from now both Cobb and Geathers could be Cowboys or they could be setting up other visits.
Agreed. I think Cobb signs and we look into berry.

mmohican29

Reaction score
These FA visits are simply a waste of time for all involved.

Fans
Free Agents
Coaches

Never thought I'd see the day when THIS franchise went full on chicken****. It's almost like the Cowboys have zero interest in improving the current roster.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The negotiation went something like this:

Cobb's agent: We are looking for a 3 year deal for around 20 million........gaurantee us 10.

Stephen: So, how much is Randal willing to pay us to have a star on his helmut?

Status
Not open for further replies.