Twitter: Cowboys are on QB Russell Wilson's list

dfense

Reaction score
I’ll say this..

If you’re going to pay a ton for a QB I’d rather it be this then Dak.

But...

This is a lateral move for Wilson..

He would be leaving Seattle to basically come play in Southern Seattle. We are similar to what he has played under and had no post season success since signing his deal.

Also.. Dallas has a long way to go before competing for a championship and as good as Wilson is I don’t think he puts us in that conversation even though he’s much better than Dak.
Seehawks defense wasn't much better than the Cowboys last year. Wilson was the difference.

Nexx

Reaction score
anyone who thinks its a lateral move from dak to russ is delusional. if you want to argue other reasons other than talent then i can understand

plymkr

Reaction score
If you said to any GM, including Jerry, "Hey, you can have Dak for 40 Million a year or Russ for 42 million a year" every single one would take Russ.

There are levels to this and Dak is only looking up at Russ's level.

If Dallas has no interest I'd still try and and somehow use this as leverage to sign Dak. "Hey Dak, you wanna let Russ take over everything you've worked for or do you wanna finish what you started?"
Totally use this as leverage. This is good news for 2 reasons. 1. Wilson is willing to play here. 2. Dallas can go back to Todd France and say why pay Dak 42 or 43 million when we can get an elite QB for 42 million.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Maybe the guy who was on track for 7,000 yards before a season ending injury will pull it off when he's on the field?

Doubt it..

Winston lead the league in yards last year. It took an elite QB for them to actually make the post season and hold up a Lombardi.

Our 7,000 yard QB was a watermelon kick from 0-4 and has 1 whole wildcard win in 5 years.

Turns out the amount of yards you throw for means nothing.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i've said this before.
the only was i accept life w/out Dak as our QB is if we get russell wilson.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if Dak walks...who is your QB?
giphy.gif
lets just say we better have a plan...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Doubt it..

Winston lead the league in yards last year. It took an elite QB for them to actually make the post season and hold up a Lombardi.

Our 7,000 yard QB was a watermelon kick from 0-4 and has 1 whole wildcard win in 5 years.

Turns out the amount of yards you throw for means nothing.
Certainly doesn't mean nothing. It is a good indicator of a QB's performance. There are many other factors as well.

Every stat indicates Dak is nothing other than a top 5 QB in the league.

No offseason, destroyed o-line, useless defense.......... and a season ending injury.

Guy was putting up 40+ points a game with a terrible team to keep us in games before his injury.

I seriously do not get the hate for Dak. If I was building a team today, he's a top 4 / 5 QB on who I'd build around.