CFZ Cowboys are one Eagles loss from controlling their destiny

Jumbo075

Reaction score
The Cowboys laid an egg on offense in the first week. A lot of fans who questioned not playing starters during preseason were vindicated in that loss. The Offense clearly wasn't ready to go.

Since then, the Cowboys have lost only once...on the road...against the team with the best record in football who played in front of their hometown crowd...while the Cowboys were playing with their back-up QB who threw 3 interceptions...and it still took a late 4th quarter drive for the Eagles to put the Cowboys away.

Still, all it takes is one Eagles loss, and the Cowboys are back in the driver's seat. If the Eagles lose just one game against any other NFL team, and the Cowboys win out, they will own homefield advantage in the playoffs. The Giants lost today, and the Cowboys are back in 2nd place in the NFC East.

In the 2nd half of last game and the game today, the Cowboys have scored 70 points - an average of 11.7 points per quarter. The offense scored 63 of those points - an average of 10.5 points per quarter. It appears that the offense may have regained their form from last season, when they led the NFL in offensive production and scoring. With a suffocating pass rush and pass defense, teams are reduced to rushing against the Cowboys, and if they don't have an athlete playing QB (Daniel Graham, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields) then they still have problems creating offense against this defense.

Obviously, the Cowboys still need to work on their rush defense, and if they do make the Super Bowl, they'll probably have to contend with either Mahomes or Allen at QB. So, this is a serious problem they need to solve to win a championship, but...

When the Eagles come to Dallas at the end of the year, All-World LT Tyron Smith will be back at LT. New Road grader LT Tyler Smith will kick inside to LG, and the Cowboys Oline will finally be healthy together. Dak, the guy who has owned the Eagles for years, will be back under center, and Rush will be on the sidelines. They will be playing in Dallas, not Philadelphia.

The Cowboys have a week to rest and get healthy. This team has the best chance to get to the Super Bowl of any team in Dallas since 2014. Buckle up your chin strap. Get the Popcorn ready. The 2nd half of the season promises to be quite the show.

Go Cowboys!!

JBS

Reaction score
Why would the cowboys have the tiebreaker over the eagles if they both finish with two losses? It’s hard for me to believe any loss at all would give Dallas the tiebreaker over Philly in every scenario. You are probably wrong.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Yeah, no.

Even if Philly loses a game and we beat them in the rematch, the odds of us having the tiebreaker are extremely low. That’s why I don’t understand why everyone was so nonchalant when we lost against them the other week. That game was huge and has very big implications if we make the playoffs. At this point, we likely won’t win the division get the first round bye. We’ll need to focus on the wildcard and that’s just the way it is now.

pansophy

Reaction score
Eagles still play the Giants twice and us once more. Personally I’m more concerned about staying healthy than getting the number 1 seed. I think we are a hard out if we are healthy no matter what our seed is.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Why would the cowboys have the tiebreaker over the eagles if they both finish with two losses? It’s hard for me to believe any loss at all would give Dallas the tiebreaker over Philly in every scenario. You are probably wrong.

Philly beat Dallas by 11 So if Dallas beats Philly by 12 or more and they end up with identical w-l records Dallas wins by head to head . Kinda Simple actually

Also let's ay Philly loses to the Giants. We beat them for their second loss in the Division that's two divisional loses to our one. Again we both end up with two loses but we have less Divisional losses.

Beat Philly!!!!!!!

JBS

Reaction score
Philly beat Dallas by 11 So if Dallas beats Philly by 12 or more and they end up with identical w-l records Dallas wins by head to head . Kinda Simple actually

Also let's ay Philly loses to the Giants. We beat them for their second loss in the Division that's two divisional loses to our one. Again we both end up with two loses but we have less Divisional losses.

Beat Philly!!!!!!!

hahahahaa that’s not how it works. Not even close. You couldn’t be further off if you tried. Yes, a divisional loss would do it. But that wasn’t what you said in your original post. Any loss doesn’t do it.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys laid an egg on offense in the first week. A lot of fans who questioned not playing starters during preseason were vindicated in that loss. The Offense clearly wasn't ready to go.

Since then, the Cowboys have lost only once...on the road...against the team with the best record in football who played in front of their hometown crowd...while the Cowboys were playing with their back-up QB who threw 3 interceptions...and it still took a late 4th quarter drive for the Eagles to put the Cowboys away.

Still, all it takes is one Eagles loss, and the Cowboys are back in the driver's seat. If the Eagles lose just one game against any other NFL team, and the Cowboys win out, they will own homefield advantage in the playoffs. The Giants lost today, and the Cowboys are back in 2nd place in the NFC East.

In the 2nd half of last game and the game today, the Cowboys have scored 70 points - an average of 11.7 points per quarter. The offense scored 63 of those points - an average of 10.5 points per quarter. It appears that the offense may have regained their form from last season, when they led the NFL in offensive production and scoring. With a suffocating pass rush and pass defense, teams are reduced to rushing against the Cowboys, and if they don't have an athlete playing QB (Daniel Graham, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields) then they still have problems creating offense against this defense.

Obviously, the Cowboys still need to work on their rush defense, and if they do make the Super Bowl, they'll probably have to contend with either Mahomes or Allen at QB. So, this is a serious problem they need to solve to win a championship, but...

When the Eagles come to Dallas at the end of the year, All-World LT Tyron Smith will be back at LT. New Road grader LT Tyler Smith will kick inside to LG, and the Cowboys Oline will finally be healthy together. Dak, the guy who has owned the Eagles for years, will be back under center, and Rush will be on the sidelines. They will be playing in Dallas, not Philadelphia.

The Cowboys have a week to rest and get healthy. This team has the best chance to get to the Super Bowl of any team in Dallas since 2014. Buckle up your chin strap. Get the Popcorn ready. The 2nd half of the season promises to be quite the show.

Go Cowboys!!

i have watched NFL over 50 years....do not believe ever seen the team that starts "hot" remain the hottest throughout season?.....there is always a first time....but since i hate the Sheagles.....i hope the finish 7-10

Reaction score
hahahahaa that’s not how it works. Not even close. You couldn’t be further off if you tried. Yes, a divisional loss would do it. But that wasn’t what you said in your original post. Any loss doesn’t do it.
Nah Bro I didn't make the original post Go Back and check my man I was responding!!!!!!

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Beat Philly!!!!!!!

Calvin-----i am thinking we go 12-5 or 11-6 this year?...what do you think?...would love we get into playoffs like Cincinnnati did....no one expected anything and they almost won super bowl

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Eagles still play the Giants twice and us once more. Personally I’m more concerned about staying healthy than getting the number 1 seed. I think we are a hard out if we are healthy no matter what our seed is.

pan---i agree as we have seen ..."seeding" is not a guarantee to win it all....but healthy teams gives you much better chance

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Go Cowboys!!

i know our defense at times seems porous but it can get scary at times too and our offense is steady with Dak getting better....guarantee neither the G-Women nor the Sheagles want to see us again

TheHerd

Reaction score
Calvin-----i am thinking we go 12-5 or 11-6 this year?...what do you think?...would love we get into playoffs like Cincinnnati did....no one expected anything and they almost won super bowl
So you think we’ll finish 5-4 our last 9 games?

Reaction score

All I want to do is get in and do damage. but I would be lying through my teeth if I said I wouldn't want a first week bye a home field throughout the play offs. That is still very much within our reach. And anyone who says differently is

LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH