Cowboys are trying to keep Dan Quinn

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Stash, Jan 10, 2022.

1. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins This is a house of learned doctors

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    11,265 Messages
    3,540 Likes Received
    :laugh: You, along with everyone else in Denver.

2. Stash

Stash Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    73,774 Messages
    91,192 Likes Received
    I read this morning about some huge buyouts for Schneider and Carrol if the new owner in Seattle chose to move on as well.

Denver would have to get a franchise quarterback somewhere, and that's much easier said than done.

To me, the best job is with the Raiders. They have a quarterback and some nice pieces in place, despite some huge draft blunders. And I think Mark Davis would gladly hand over total control to the next coach, just as he did for Gruden.

MoistMayonnaise likes this.
  3. My3Sons

My3Sons Well-Known Member

519 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    LOL.

Shula coached the only undefeated team in NFL history. Marino is not in Aaron Rodgers class. He was a statue.

4. My3Sons

My3Sons Well-Known Member

519 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    I already addressed Shula above. Pete Carrol is currently on the chopping block. Sean Payton is a very bad call(obvious PI) away from taking Drew Brees to two SBs . AR is widely considered the superior player to Drew Brees, Marino and Russel Wilson.

5. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

25,440 Messages
    25,612 Likes Received
    Open the checkbook JJ..

6. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

46,031 Messages
    30,748 Likes Received
    Smart. Out of the 2 coordinators he is the one to keep. The truth is that the offense needs to be revamped from a run first, Zeke dependent offense to a pass first, big play RB type offense.

Moore seems to be making the transition but its happening too slow.

7. CowboyFanInLexKy

CowboyFanInLexKy Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    854 Messages
    652 Likes Received
    If Dan Quinn goes, promote Joe Whitt. Quinn is forever saying Whitt is his right hand man and he sees what Quinn has done with the likes of Parsons. I highly doubt Whitt would screw that up....

8. Stash

Stash Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    73,774 Messages
    91,192 Likes Received
    I agree about keeping Quinn if I had to choose between the two.

9. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

30,523 Messages
    36,920 Likes Received
    hope we can keep him.
    he's done a helluva job with this defense.

10. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye.

23,191 Messages
    14,831 Likes Received
    This reminds me of when @Risen Star was about to move to a new forum and we did everything we could to keep him.

11. CowboyRoy

46,031 Messages
    30,748 Likes Received
    The #1 priority for any OC next season is to move away from Zeke.

ConstantReboot likes this.
  12. Stash

Stash Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    73,774 Messages
    91,192 Likes Received
    Your opinion is duly noted.

13. CowboyRoy

46,031 Messages
    30,748 Likes Received
    Do you think? :thumbup:

14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

104,756 Messages
    33,826 Likes Received
    and at least according to so called draft experts this is not an overly great QB class in 2022 draft.

Stash likes this.
  15. Stash

Stash Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    73,774 Messages
    91,192 Likes Received
    And I honestly feel that the "have's" and "have-not's" with regard to quarterbacks make that position all the more valuable. If you have one, you're in contention. If you don't, you're not.

I also think that there will be less names on the move after this season than initially thought. After his latest snit-fit, I think Rodgers and the Packers get something done that keeps both he and Adams in town for at least another season. It's pretty clear to me (and I think to them) that Love is not the heir apparent.

I see two names potentially moving on. Watson, we all know, and I think Russell Wilson wants out of the Schneider/Carrol dynamic in Seattle. If both of them stay, I think he tries to force his way out. It's to be determined whether he succeeds however.

But it's clear to me that there are more teams that need quarterbacks than have quarterbacks.

Since Minnesota is blowing things up, they might look to trade Cousins away if they can. He's a solid quarterback, but he's not worth his guaranteed salary. I think the Browns would trade away Mayfield too if they could find any takers.

16. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    37,941 Messages
    68,041 Likes Received
    He had Bobby Wagner in SEA, he knows there are more like him out there.

17. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

22,688 Messages
    32,310 Likes Received
    No disrespect to Wagner, who the Cowboys actually wanted in the draft before Sea took him, but he’s not in Parsons league.

Stash likes this.
  18. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    37,941 Messages
    68,041 Likes Received
    Disagree, he was the best LB in the league for several seasons and Parsons isn't the best at anything.....yet. That SEA D ran because of him, not the DL or Legion of Boom, Bobby Wagner.

cheyennes likes this.
  19. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

7,735 Messages
    9,992 Likes Received
    Again I find myself in the minority, but I am not sure what all the hoopla is about Dan Quinn. Sure, the defense is much improved, but after Nolan anything would be an improvement. Have we forgotten the mess of a defense Quinn had in Atlanta?

It's not that I don't like Quinn, he is a good coach but he has a lot of talent on that defense and adding Parsons in the offseason was a great bit of luck for him. Parsons has turned that defense into a serious threat to any offense. If Quinn leaves I am sure the Cowboys can find a DC who will keep this defense playing at a high level. Just don't hire some washed up coach with a history of failure again.

20. Redsfan_83

Redsfan_83 Well-Known Member

2,017 Messages
    1,581 Likes Received
    Looks like the Broncos are interviewing every candidate along with their brother. If I am Quinn I am sayin stuff it...