CFZ Cowboys at bye looking good at 5th seed

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys moved up to 5th seed Sunday after NY lost to Seattle . We of course currently own tiebreaker due to head to head win.

1st seed Phil 7-0
2nd seed Min 6-1
3rd Seed Sea 5-3
4th seed Atl 4-4
5th seed Dal 6-2
6th seed NY 6-2
7th seed SF 4-4( better conf record than Wash)

As 5th seed we’d travel to Atlanta. I think Tampa only 1 game back can still take division which if that’s the case we start in Tampa. I see the West finishing with 3rd seed.

I see SF eventually over taking 3rd seed and West. There will be a battle for 6th and 7th seed with NY, LA, Sea, Wash and maybe Atl or GB.

Cowboys at 5th seed is not a bad place to be as it appears against the odds to over take Phil with their much easier second half schedule . In either case we will have the better record in most scenarios and possibly favored or very slight underdogs on the road against a possible lesser divisional winner. Good situation for a W/C.

And if a Tampa, LA or GB slide in as a 7th seed they could potentially upset the #2 seed . Which means we’d have an easier Divisional round game not having to face #1 seed until Champ game .

A lot can change of course between now and the playoffs. But that’s how I see it now.

Flamma

Reaction score
5th Seed my ***. We play them again. We need to keep up and beat them at home. This defense is Godzilla. No losing! Good Lord I can't wait until we play Green Bay.

Why is *** censored? It's not censored anywhere else. Not in the media at any level.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
5th Seed my ***. We play them again. We need to keep up and beat them at home. This defense is Godzilla. No losing! Good Lord I can't wait until we play Green Bay.
We could beat them at home and still not over take division. Their remaining schedule is easy peasy.

Egirls only non divisional game left against a winning record team is Tenn. And it’s at home.

Even if they lose to us and maybe NY once. I’m seeing 15-2, 14-3 or 13-4 at worse.

That means they’d have to finish 6-4. Just hard to see right now.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Cowboys moved up to 5th seed Sunday after NY lost to Seattle . We of course currently own tiebreaker due to head to head win.

1st seed Phil 7-0
2nd seed Min 6-1
3rd Seed Sea 5-3
4th seed Atl 4-4
5th seed Dal 6-2
6th seed NY 6-2

As 5th seed we’d travel to Atlanta. I think Tampa only 1 game back can still take division which if that’s the case we start in Tampa. I see the West finishing with 3rd seed.

I see SF eventually over taking 3rd seed and West. There will be a battle for 6th and 7th seed with NY, LA, Sea, Wash and maybe Atl or GB.

Cowboys at 5th seed is not a bad place to be as it appears against the odds to over take Phil with their much easier second half schedule . In either case we will have the better record in most scenarios and possibly favored or very slight underdogs on the road against a possible lesser divisional winner. Good situation for a W/C.

And if a Tampa, LA or GB slide in as a 7th seed they could potentially upset the #2 seed . Which means we’d have an easier Divisional round game not having to face #1 seed until Champ game .

A lot can change of course between now and the playoffs. But that’s how I see it now.
I’m usually pretty aware of this stuff but have been lazy lately, so thanks for putting that together.

So as the highest WC seed we will get the weakest division winner. Not awful.

Problem is…..with no division win this team has to most likely win three road playoff games just to get to a SB. We are typically a disaster on the road in January.

The good news is that Philly is going to stumble at some point, and we get them at home late in the year. I like our chances for the division, but it’s gonna be tough without it.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Falcons 34
Cowboys 16

I'll bet you $500 on that game if it happens. We can put the money in Reality's PayPal and whoever wins will donate $250 to this site for Reality holding the money for us. That's if Reality will hold it. We can find a Mod we both trust to do it if he doesn't want to.

Deal?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m usually pretty aware of this stuff but have been lazy lately, so thanks for putting that together.

So as the highest WC seed we will get the weakest division winner. Not awful.

Problem is…..with no division win this team has to most likely win three road playoff games just to get to a SB. We are typically a disaster on the road in January.

The good news is that Philly is going to stumble at some point, and we get them at home late in the year. I like our chances for the division, but it’s gonna be tough without it.
Yea, while I’d prefer higher seed and a home playoff game , my concern is more to the opponent .

And I like the possibility of being a better record team and also potentially a better team than a lower seed divisional winner on the road in a slight underdog role. Kinda like SF last year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Too early in the season, I don’t think that seeding will be what we see after game 17.

ATL and NYG might not even make the cut.
Right. Anything’s possible as I said .

But this is where we are now . The bye week allows us the opportunity to ponder our possibilities.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

1st seed Phil 7-0
2nd seed Min 6-1
3rd Seed Sea 5-3
4th seed Atl 4-4
5th seed Dal 6-2
6th seed NY 6-2

Under this scenario let's assume Dallas wins the game against a 9-8 Atlanta or Tampa, both games in which we would be favored. From there you play either NY or Sea, another two teams we would be favored to win against by a healthy margin. From there, You would potentially have Philly and Dallas in the NFC championship.

Now, this means nothing since it is the halfway point in the season, seeding will change, and different teams will be hitting their stride, but you can't say that this isn't the clearest path to an NFC championship that Dallas has seen in a long time. There is no juggernaut (outside of Philly) and we would not meet the best team until a hypothetical NFC championship game assuming the Cowboys take care of business against teams they should be strongly favored against.

It makes too much sense for Dallas to make a splash acquisition or two right now.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

1st seed Phil 7-0
2nd seed Min 6-1
3rd Seed Sea 5-3
4th seed Atl 4-4
5th seed Dal 6-2
6th seed NY 6-2

I would rather we not have to face Philly or SF in the playoffs. They have QB's that like to use their legs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Under this scenario let's assume Dallas wins the game against a 9-8 Atlanta or Tampa, both games in which we would be favored. From there you play either NY or Sea, another two teams we would be favored to win against by a healthy margin. From there, You would potentially have Philly and Dallas in the NFC championship.

Now, this means nothing since it is the halfway point in the season, seeding will change, and different teams will be hitting their stride, but you can't say that this isn't the clearest path to an NFC championship that Dallas has seen in a long time. There is no juggernaut (outside of Philly) and we would not meet the best team until a hypothetical NFC championship game assuming the Cowboys take care of business against teams they should be strongly favored against.

It makes too much sense for Dallas to make a splash acquisition or two right now.
This is exactly how I see it based on current standings and status.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We play basically the same schedule as the Eagles rest of the way, but yet the eagles schedule is easy and ours is not?

Eagles play the NYG twice who looks like a good team at this point. Are they as good as their record, who knows. We already beat them, and I believe with Dak we could have beat them, or at least not turn the ball over inside our 50 4 times with Rush, it could have been different.

Without looking, I think the difference is we play the Vikings, they play the Saints. Otherwise it is the same teams. Eagles just need to drop a game before we play them, an we beat them. And win all the other division games.

Way too much football to be played yet though. I am sure after Eagles slaughter the Texans though on Thursday, all the Eagles lovers in here will be slobbering.
Maybe the Texans pull an upset.