Cowboys at the Crossroads

doomsday808

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is how many Zeke and Dak jerseys he sells. How many families he can get to visit Jerry World, not to watch a home football game. Success has nothing to do with football.

Dodger12

Reaction score
As critical as that seems, this game has even further ramifications. The outcome of the game tomorrow will effect legacy. It could be the nail in the coffin for any notion that Jerry Jones ever had the ability, skill, talent, call it what you will, to build a legitimate NFL contender as a GM. It could confirm the popular notion that the only great decision he ever made as an owner was his first, the hiring of Jimmy Johnson.

If you feel that tomorrow's game somehow affects Jerry's post Jimmy legacy, then the real issue is you, not Jerry. Tomorrow is just another game. Jerry hasn't built a SB team since Jimmy and he accepts mediocrity while he laughs all the way to bank. If you haven't realized his legacy after 20 plus years, then you haven't been paying attention.

Tomorrow may be some sort of epiphany for you, but Jerry's comfortable and making money. That's the goal and that's all that matters. As long as he's making money and comfortable, he's OK watching this staff field some of the worst teams in the history of the franchise and that's saying a lot.

doomsday808

Reaction score
Winning a Super Bowl would be a bonus for Stephen and Jerry. Not a priority.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
LLLOOLLL, Ya the good old ST draft. We are the only I can remember that drafted each player for ST. Forget about what is needed on D and O, this is going to be ST draft only. Any other GM did that they would have been fired as soon as that drafted ended. Yes you will get the one's that say there were no starters in that draft, hogwash.

Actually any GM who announced that would be fired before the draft even began.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Nothing is historic in the NFL the way things are evolving. No one saw what Dak did his rookie season before.

It’s unlikely that this team does the unthinkable and makes the playoffs or SB. But this is one of if not one of the last chances to see this team right the ship. We have seen them lose before and go on a winning streak but not like this. They almost look like they are going to go on a losing streak. It’s sad. They need a spark. It starts and fizzles.

glimmerman

Reaction score
gonna be a beat down,whomever wins. A blow out. Jville is going to come in here pissed and looking to send a message. Yeldon is the guy we better have a spy on at all times. Its a toss up on who will win going away. IF we are the team that loses.its hard to see Garrett and Linehan keeping a job past this week.
Linehan maybe gone if we produce little or no points. JG hangs around with a excuse for next year. Would love to see JJ drop the hammer.

Aven8

Reaction score
Major props for admitting you're a JG fan. That takes balls!

Number1

Reaction score
this is going to come down to the players stepping up or not.

we have not seen the best of this DL, or the LBs, or DBs
don't forget that before declaring these kids as a distaer

the Boys have faced some stout DLs, as this OL gels the yards will come, from Zeke and Dak

the talent is there and may excel in spite of the coaching

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett has avoided a total collapse thus far in his tenure which has been the benchmark despite whatever weaknesses he’s had.

In seasons when we didn’t have a good team he still found a way to keep the team in the hunt down to the final week all but one season when he didn’t have his starting QB.

Even if we fall to 2-4 we’ll most likely only be 1 game back in division and 1 1/2 even if Wash upsets Carolina. And we face Skins next week.

This has been the key in Garrett era. And why Jerry has stayed with him cause he avoids total collapse. Jerry can sell the heck out of 8-8 and mediocrity but not a consistent 5-11 or 1-7.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Garrett has avoided a total collapse thus far in his tenure which has been the benchmark despite whatever weaknesses he’s had.

In seasons when we didn’t have a good team he still found a way to keep the team in the hunt down to the final week all but one season when he didn’t have his starting QB.

Even if we fall to 2-4 we’ll most likely only be 1 game back in division and 1 1/2 even if Wash upsets Carolina. And we face Skins next week.

This has been the key in Garrett era. And why Jerry has stayed with him cause he avoids total collapse. Jerry can sell the heck out of 8-8 and mediocrity but not a consistent 5-11 or 1-7.
The defense will be the thing that saves Garrett if there is one. Otherwise we'd be getting blown out every week.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Anyone that is a Garrett supporter is NO FAN of the Dallas Cowboys. You cant be, its not possible.

You obviously would support any lose coach that wears a star. Sorry, but its pathetic.
That simply isn't true. You can hold different perspectives and be fans. We should have learned that by now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure a football franchise without accountability can be at a crossroads?

What exactly are we going to do if we don’t get our way? Boycott?? Right Lol

I know all about leading a Boycott. Never work because the first glimpse of hope everyone comes running back. Besides the Cowboys or the NFL isn’t dependant on a few thousand internet fans who have almost no impact financially. Probably not a handful of fans here who attend games regularly.

And for those wanting to effect the NFL with everyone who hops off there’s fans across the country hopping on in LA, KC , Cleveland or Jacksonville, etc.

Jerry has us lock stock and barrel like junkies on a street corner panting for whatever crappy product he peddles. Even the fans who have committed are left brokering their seats out to opposing fans.

It was over once he built the new palace, inked the sponsors and committed the PSL’s. All we can do is complain all the way to the bank. And Jerry will duck as he deposits his record revenue at the drive thru.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That simply isn't true. You can hold different perspectives and be fans. We should have learned that by now.
Years ago I had many former fans tell me I couldn’t hate what Jerry had done to the Cowboys but still support the Cowboys.

I argued we don’t have to support all the moving pieces to consume the product. I certainly don’t approve how Wal Mart for example conducts all of their business but still patronage their business. There’s many more examples.

The Cowboys are my local team. I can still cheer on the team while detaching myself from the ownership while calling them out.

No one is preventing the Cowboys from more success than Jerry including Garrett. But someone like Roy will never understand that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Sorry, its just not possible to be a fan and want Garrett as coach. The evidence on how horrid this guy is is overflowing. 12 years clappy the clown has been in this organization and its just embarrassing.

You CANNOT be a die hard fan of the Cowboys and like Garretts as coach. Not possible.

Eddie

Reaction score
I knew back in 2000 that Jerry Jones did not have the ability to lead this team. It's been another 18 years, but he has yet to prove me wrong.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I knew back in 2000 that Jerry Jones did not have the ability to lead this team. It's been another 18 years, but he has yet to prove me wrong.

Then obviously one should have cut his head off and sucked out all the blood...