Cowboys blueprint to beat the Eagles

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who watched the entire Washington-Philly game?

Eagles 2022

Only have 2 games with a negative turnover differential.
32 - 21 loss to Commanders (-2 turnover diff)
17 - 16 win over Colts (-1 turnover diff)

+2 or greater TO diff: All greater than 7 point wins.

Wins by 7 points or less: +1 or less TO diff

yentl911

Reaction score
That is the blueprint for almost all teams. Teams are so close that just a turnover or two can be the difference in the game.

I love the Cowboys but I am under no misconceptions about us winning anything.

One and done again in the playoffs.

Praxit

Reaction score
..interesting stat take. I agree, with that.

From what I've seen of most Beagle games. They are so dependent on RPO.

Take it away, then they have swim in unknown waters. Colts blew it, thinking would commit to pass at some point.

They didnt. Still ran variation of RPO.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The blueprint is pretty simple.

Run the ball on offense and take what the defense gives you in the passing game.

Stop Hurts from running the ball on defense and contain their run game.

Pretty much. You can NOT let Hurts beat you with his legs.

Like our chances pounding the rock against them and the short passing game. Think we can be efficient against them just can’t beat ourselves with penalties.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
To me the key is to make the eagles play from behind. RPOs and their run game aren’t as effective when playing from behind and in more obvious passing downs. Additionally, that plays into the strength of our team which is the pass rush. I think the Cowboys’ pass rush could be the biggest strength any team in the nfl has. But it only matters if you can have the opponent in obvious passing downs.

The Eagles’ schedule has been so easy that not many teams have been able to force them to play from behind. The Cowboys (with Dak back) and other top teams have enough offense to make that happen. Would be a fun matchup with Dak healthy.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Hurts keeps running the ball and taking some good licks. Colts stuck him pretty good a few times. Once in the ribs....guaranteed that left a mark.
Point is.....he keeps running like he does and somebody gonna get that one good lick on him. It’s inevitable at some point.

Praxit

Reaction score
To me the key is to make the eagles play from behind. RPOs and their run game aren’t as effective when playing from behind and in more obvious passing downs. Additionally, that plays into the strength of our team which is the pass rush. I think the Cowboys’ pass rush could be the biggest strength any team in the nfl has. But it only matters if you can have the opponent in obvious passing downs.

The Eagles’ schedule has been so easy that not many teams have been able to force them to play from behind. The Cowboys (with Dak back) and other top teams have enough offense to make that happen. Would be a fun matchup with Dak healthy.
..its coming in few weeks. ;)..

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score

Eagles 2022

I saw both games. You can also tell that Washington was a lot more comfortable defending against Philly's offense seeing it a second time.

Their Dline played well also.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw both games. You can also tell that Washington was a lot more comfortable defending against Philly's offense seeing it a second time.

Their Dline played well also.

Does Washington have any position group that is better than the Cowboys other than DT?

JBond

Reaction score

Run the ball on offense and take what the defense gives you in the passing game.

This is perfect game to do something you hate. Parsons at MLB on at least 40% of the snaps.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Eagles 2022

Blue print is to keep hurts in the pocket, get a lead and force hurts to psss the ball.

foofighters

Reaction score

It's this. QBs that can run always give us fits. We need someone who is quick/fast to act as a spy. We need to keep him in the pocket and make him throw the ball. When they run, we've got to stop it. We cannot turn the ball over.

foofighters

Reaction score
..interesting stat take. I agree, with that.

From what I've seen of most Beagle games. They are so dependent on RPO.

Take it away, then they have swim in unknown waters. Colts blew it, thinking would commit to pass at some point.

They didnt. Still ran variation of RPO.
Why do we continue to degrade one of the greatest breeds of dogs?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Obviously you have to stop Hurts rushing to have a chance first and foremost.
Commanders have limited Hurts with 20 yds in the first meeting and 28 yds in the 2nd.
First meeting vs Commanders he passed for 340 and 3.
Second game 175 and 2.
Other teams have been successful as well in limiting Hurts like Jags, Texans and Steelers but he didn't need to run to beat them.
There is no easy solution to beat Philly, unless Hurts is removed from the equation with injury.
We have to bring our A game in all 3 phases like we did only once this season vs the Vikes if we want to beat the Eagles.
Not saying it can't be done again, but that is the reality of the situation and only way to beat the Eagles.
Playing like we did vs the Packers coming out of the bye will not get it done and being lethargic for an entire 1st half vs the Giants will not either.