Video: Cowboys Break - Broaddus and Jerry on Play Calling

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by buybuydandavis, Feb 7, 2019.

1. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

9,170 Messages
    7,831 Likes Received
    Interesting factoid from Broaddus on The Break today. Supposedly Garrett had wanted to call the plays next year, and the front office said No. Seems to imply that Moore will be given some rope.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/cowboys-break-can-dak-win-a-title

That's consistent with some recent babbling from Jerry saying that if Moore gets any pushback from what he wants to do, he should let Jerry know and Jerry will straighten people out. Jerry says he wants innovation.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ett-status-message-to-Kellen-Moore-128676192/
    "I've said this to [Moore]: I want those new ideas," Jones said with a smile. "I want them fought for until the glass breaks. Squeal. Holler. If they're not being implemented, call me, but let's get in here and do the kinds of things we do to get the most out of a very talented roster.​

2. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

2,280 Messages
    1,251 Likes Received
    And people want a new HC!
    For what we've already got Jerry.

3. rockj7

rockj7 Well-Known Member

2,326 Messages
    1,968 Likes Received
    Undermining the head coach by telling his subordinates to bypass the coach. I'm not mad if this helps us win but boy 2019 is already taking shape

4. JW82

JW82 JJ21

2,021 Messages
    3,455 Likes Received
    If Jerry’s undermining helps us win it will be the first time in NFL history.

5. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

7,068 Messages
    10,317 Likes Received
    Amen!!! Thank you, Mr. Jerry Jones!

I love that our owner is fighting to make our Offense more creative! This Offense has to get much more creative in order to catch up to the Rams, Chiefs, Saints, Colts, Seahawks and Patriots in the playoffs.

6. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

32,660 Messages
    13,230 Likes Received
    Undermining...****. Accountable. If Jason Garrett can't lead a team that he had both hands in shaping, then he should move on.

Jason has to earn it now, the old fashioned way...heads up with the toughest in the NFL. No excuses. If Jason can't lead, it will show.

The status of free hands by the Offensive and Defensive Coordinators has already been dictated to Jason years ago. Now is not the time for a fan to squeak up on this fact.

Change is wanted by Jerry, and as a GM, he stated so. Get with the program and at least watch direction. The second half of the season already stamped direction of change.

817Gill, rockj7, DakPresgoat and 2 others like this.
  7. rockj7

rockj7 Well-Known Member

2,326 Messages
    1,968 Likes Received
    It's already been written

8. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

8,984 Messages
    11,521 Likes Received
    If the defense continues to play well under Chris Richard and Kellen Moore shows he can draw up a creative offense then it looks like Jerry may be planning to move on from JG and let Richard coach with Moore as his OC..

9. Chrispierce

Chrispierce Well-Known Member

2,723 Messages
    2,669 Likes Received
    Garrett’s on the hot seat alright. I knew the FO wasn’t happy after the LA game,but this is Jerry saying I’m done with Garrett’s bullcrap offense and time for someone else to take a shot at it. Far too late,but good news.

10. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

6,703 Messages
    4,110 Likes Received

11. pansophy

pansophy Well-Known Member

1,955 Messages
    1,944 Likes Received
    Can understand Garrett not wanting a first time play caller in a contract year. That said I'd like to see something different.

12. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

9,347 Messages
    5,208 Likes Received
    Jerry is Executive HC
    Stephen is Jr Executive HC
    Jason is Puppet HC
    All 3 together is Circus HC lol

But it is good to hear Jerry say that, he wants a change without getting rid of JG but he knows our offense can do more than
    what it has been doing.
    So Moore will maybe be a real OC with autonomy ! That should help Play design at very least.
    Get a new playbook!

Jack Burton, Verdict, Fletch and 3 others like this.
  13. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

2,280 Messages
    1,251 Likes Received
    It is a circus and this is why we'll never win another SB with Jerry as GM.

If he's telling the OC to bypass the HC and go directly to him, then what's the point of having a HC?

Equally, when eventually Jerry looks for a new HC, what HC worth his salt is going to take the job if he knows Jerry will usurp his authority at the drop of a hat?

14. SoupcanSam

SoupcanSam Well-Known Member

4,308 Messages
    5,997 Likes Received
    You know I actually like Jerry being the HC. Once he gets out of his way he has the potential to be one of the best.

15. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

12,632 Messages
    6,465 Likes Received
    Yeah, not a Garrett fan by any means, but this is ridiculous from Jerry.

Jack Burton, Iago33, rockj7 and 3 others like this.
  16. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

54,902 Messages
    55,184 Likes Received
    I'd certainly put that scenario in the mix as a possibility for next year.

superonyx and MichaelWinicki like this.
  17. SoupcanSam

SoupcanSam Well-Known Member

4,308 Messages
    5,997 Likes Received
    Well you make Moore the HC and Richard the DC. I dont think either would mind working under jerry.

18. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

54,902 Messages
    55,184 Likes Received
    I don't think that Jerry would usurp the authority of a proven coach. I just think that he's at his wit's end with Garrett coming up short and frustrating him. He gave both Garrett and Linehan even more influence and authority last season, when myself and many others believed he should have fired them both then.

And what he got for it were poor decisions and worse results. And then he had to go out and mortgage his 2019 1st round pick for Cooper to save the season, and Garrett's job by extension. Jerry knows he's built a quality roster, and now he's frustrated that Garrett still can't do much of anything with it.

He truly wants Garrett to succeed, but I think even Garrett's biggest supporter has reached the end of his patience

This is it.

19. FLCowboyFan

FLCowboyFan Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.

4,351 Messages
    2,797 Likes Received
    In this case he is setting a direction that he wants his coach to take. If the coach doesn't move the team toward that vision then they need to go. I think what he is saying is tell me if that is happening (it must have happened in the past). You could argue this is what gets head coaches fired. They don't implement the vision of the GM. Everyone is accountable in an organization. Everyone has a boss. Even owners of companies must sell their product/company to their customer. The customer is the ultimate boss and what the fans (customer) are saying is we are tired of the hard headed sticking with the old system.

Techsass, 817Gill and silvrNblue like this.
  20. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

1,754 Messages
    4,408 Likes Received
    Unpopular opinion - I agree with everything Jerry said.

But I just really despise the notion of Jerry basically knowing and understanding that his head coach is garbage so much to the point that he constantly has to surround him with assistant coaches with a higher football acumen than him.