Video: Cowboys Break - Broaddus and Jerry on Play Calling

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by buybuydandavis, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

3,674 Messages
    3,750 Likes Received
    The problem is deeper than just calling the plays. It involves developing a game plan each week and scheming to target a teams weakness or defensively to take away a teams strength. Also having an alternate plan and watching plays during the game and adjusting to what the other team is doing. Moore cant do everything and he will have to have the assistants on the same page as him.

buybuydandavis likes this.
  2. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

3,674 Messages
    3,750 Likes Received
    Yep! At this point I think Garrett would wash Jerrys toilets in his house and wax his cars without saying a word.

cowboyblue22 likes this.
  3. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

8,922 Messages
    5,250 Likes Received
    I'll go a step further: It's also the reason Garrett wouldn't let Tony compete for his job when he was healthy. Garrett saw his opportunity to jettison Romo and he took it. I've been called a fool for even theorizing it but it certainly makes SOME sense, IMHO.

4. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

17,298 Messages
    28,960 Likes Received
    I don't think it was Garrett's call but he didn't fight hard enough for Romo and I think that's what cooled their relationship. Don't see picks of them at basketball games or Chuck E. Cheese anymore. If the owner is making the call on the coaches the HC can have, he sure as hell isn't letting him make the call on the starting QB.