Cowboys Break OTA: Jaylon “Doesn’t Look Good Right Now”

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
GM Jerry recently offered lavish praise for Jaylon. Once committed, like General Custer, he's reluctant to reverse his decisions. :muttley:

Nevertheless, despite having said as much, I wouldn't be overly shocked if he was wisely cut following training camp. No big surprise.

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Wrist Surgery.

Jaylon will be here for another 3 years at least ...... You guys who hate him are gonna be real disappointed.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I find the news coverage of Jaylon weird. And not just from the team. Sportscasters make off hand references to the leg not being right, but there is never a real discussion of it, or questions to Jaylon or the team.

The media can no longer straight up criticize a bad football player on a big contract. "Pro Bowl LBers" have feelings too. Wouldn't want to encroach on his sunglasses business or make anyone feel some kind of way.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The media can no longer straight up criticize a bad football player on a big contract. "Pro Bowl LBers" have feelings too. Wouldn't want to encroach on his sunglasses business or make anyone feel some kind of way.

I'm pretty sure that Jaylon nor any other player is losing a ton of sleep over what the mediots say about them. Yes some guys are hyper sensitive and it gets under their skin but by and large these guys are focused on being the best player they can be while making 10 million bucks a year not satisfying some arbitrary standard set forth by some 50K a year news hack who is trying to trade on the player's name to up his own profile.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think in 2018 Jaylon was still playing with the foot orthotic, then took it off in 2019. His leg probably never recovered to full function in 2018, and then playing on it w/o the orthotic ground it down so it regressed from more stress than it could handle.
Bet he doesn’t try to hit a heavy bag this offseason.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Jaylon nor any other player is losing a ton of sleep over what the mediots say about them.
Of course Jaylon doesn't worry what anyone says about him. Like he says, just watch the tape, bro... He's awesome.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
His base salary next year is 9.2 million and is not guaranteed. Based on what I saw with Tyrone Crawford Jaylon very well might be safe for another year even if he sleeps through the season on the sideline. Based on the treatment Jaylon is getting from the Cowboys media it appears as though Jaylon no longer receives unconditional protection from Jerry so I am holding out hope that we will do the right thing.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
His base salary next year is 9.2 million and is not guaranteed. Based on what I saw with Tyrone Crawford Jaylon very well might be safe for another year even if he sleeps through the season on the sideline. Based on the treatment Jaylon is getting from the Cowboys media it appears as though Jaylon no longer receives unconditional protection from Jerry so I am holding out hope that we will do the right thing.
Jaylon's salary next year will be guaranteed if he's on the roster on something like the third day of of the new nfl year sometime in early March. That also happened this year. Agents like to force the teams to release players before free agency starts if they are going to release them.