Cowboys Break OTA: Jaylon “Doesn’t Look Good Right Now”

BermyStar

Reaction score
Some of the self entitlement that Jaylon appears to walk around with annoys me.

That said, I applaud his ability to get back on the field after that injury. I hope he finds a DC that can find a role for him (no matter the size) that lets him focus on his current abilities. Dallas may have jumped the gun expexting a full time LB considering the injury.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Amber finally explained the reason she hates Jaylon on the show. She sounds like a poster on Cowboys Zone. Amber thinks he is arrogant and not self aware. To be honest I don’t know one football player that does not apply too. The fact that he overcame a catastrophic injury shows you what type of person he is. I will say it again, the problem with Jaylon is drop foot has regressed. He is still the best linebacker we have and that is the reason we drafted Parsons/Cox and brought in Neal.
Jaylon still having "drop foot" would be news. It would also be noticeable. There's no evidence in how he moves that this is the case.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They noted that since he’s had offseason wrist injury it’s probably played into slowing him down but they still feel “he does not look as fluid as he has in the past”. They sounded pretty disappointed and said it was “refreshing” to see the difference between him and Parsons. Hopefully he gets going by week 1 because if not he’s outta here in 2022.

It’s around the 10:20 mark btw.

Watched that show. Amber was the most critical and put into words what I think we all saw last year; “His upper body looks like he’s going 100mph but his lower body is barely moving”. Helman, who’s not my favorite, stood up for Jaylon. This year is a prove it or lose it year for #9.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They noted that since he’s had offseason wrist injury it’s probably played into slowing him down but they still feel “he does not look as fluid as he has in the past”. They sounded pretty disappointed and said it was “refreshing” to see the difference between him and Parsons. Hopefully he gets going by week 1 because if not he’s outta here in 2022.

Yawn...................that was quick! Jaylon is OUTTA here after this season. NO way he sticks around with the guys we drafted. Jaylon will play less and less this year as the year goes along.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon is also going into the season knowing that the Cowboys wanted to trade him and nobody wanted him.

So, the team he plays for knows he's a bum and all the other teams do too.

Poor guy....

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Amber finally explained the reason she hates Jaylon on the show. She sounds like a poster on Cowboys Zone. Amber thinks he is arrogant and not self aware. To be honest I don’t know one football player that does not apply too. The fact that he overcame a catastrophic injury shows you what type of person he is. I will say it again, the problem with Jaylon is drop foot has regressed. He is still the best linebacker we have and that is the reason we drafted Parsons/Cox and brought in Neal.
He still doesn't wear a brace. So that shouldn't be the excuse. According to Nate & Jesse he doesn't have football as his priority.

Qcard

Reaction score

At the 1:02:39 Mark

Nick Eatman thinks No.9 (Tony Romo) is the 3rd Best QB in Cowboys History based on “Stats and everything around it”....:lmao: Derek Eagleton “that’s a fair argument”:huh:

Derek and Nick have been the great Cowboy content generators for 2 Decades but it’s clear there judgement on QB standards is cloud by Tony Romo hype.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Doesn't look as fluid? Want to know why?

Check out the video at about the 11:40 mark. Jaylon is down on one knee, when he goes to stand up it's plain that he has knee issues, a "hitch" in his motion to rise up.

Maybe it's just soreness from the work, but I think it's evidence that the surgically repaired knee is deteriorating or has arthritis, et al.

This is his last year on the team, his dead cap drops nearly $10 million in 2022, he's here now because cutting him would be cost prohibitive. Also it's plain to see why the Cowboys drafted Parsons, he'll have a year to learn the defense and then he's the starter in place of Jaylon.

Can't feel sorry for Jaylon in that case, he got to play for the Dallas Cowboys and got filthy rich, that's two things any of us here would give our left you-know-what for....

Gaede

Reaction score
Some of the self entitlement that Jaylon appears to walk around with annoys me.

That said, I applaud his ability to get back on the field after that injury. I hope he finds a DC that can find a role for him (no matter the size) that lets him focus on his current abilities. Dallas may have jumped the gun expexting a full time LB considering the injury.

Good post. The guy does deserve some credit. Just cause we rushed him into a starting role and also rushed to overpay him, doesn't mean he can't play at all or hasn't worked hard. He deserves a career in the pros, but probably not as a full time starter

BermyStar

Reaction score
Good post. The guy does deserve some credit. Just cause we rushed him into a starting role and also rushed to overpay him, doesn't mean he can't play at all or hasn't worked hard. He deserves a career in the pros, but probably not as a full time starter
Spot on G. Sometimes it helps to take a step back and consider the bigger picture.