Cowboys Break. Seriously

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's never been the same.

I find it more entertaining than most of what passes for television these days. And they cover something I actually care about as opposed to all this mindless "reality TV" and all these opinion shows masquerading as news shows. The NFL wanted to get all the forums under their umbrella so I get it.. The only thing that bothers me about any of the podcasts is that they clearly know things that they can't report on for fear of getting fired. The national mediots don't have that restriction so they get to "scoop" the local guys all the time. If I worked there that would bother me.. but maybe they make enough money to ease the pain..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I find it more entertaining than most of what passes for television these days. And they cover something I actually care about as opposed to all this mindless "reality TV" and all these opinion shows masquerading as news shows. The NFL wanted to get all the forums under their umbrella so I get it.. The only thing that bothers me about any of the podcasts is that they clearly know things that they can't report on for fear of getting fired. The national mediots don't have that restriction so they get to "scoop" the local guys all the time. If I worked there that would bother me.. but maybe they make enough money to ease the pain..
It's too homerific. Sure they criticize, but I find it impossible and inaccurate knowing what they know. And, there were more knowledgeable analysts that had WAY more football insight. I like Nick a lot, but the rest are just talking heads. This has nothing to do with other TV or reality TV. The old forum back a ways interacted with fans. Broaddus would comment. They had a topic of the day, it was much more informative and realistic. The best information out there now are a handful I follow on Twitter. Certainly not ESPN. It's cool if you'd rather have a backside to stare at, but I'd rather get information from folks who really know the game, not some pretty face or edgy hipster.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's too homerific. Sure they criticize, but I find it impossible and inaccurate knowing what they know. And, there were more knowledgeable analysts that had WAY more football insight. I like Nick a lot, but the rest are just talking heads. This has nothing to do with other TV or reality TV. The old forum back a ways interacted with fans. Broaddus would comment. They had a topic of the day, it was much more informative and realistic. The best information out there now are a handful I follow on Twitter. Certainly not ESPN. It's cool if you'd rather have a backside to stare at, but I'd rather get information from folks who really know the game, not some pretty face or edgy hipster.
Well it IS DallasCowboys.com .. it should be homerific.. If I want to hear someone bash the Cowboys I can always go listen to Screamin A Smith, Shannon Sharpe or the Herd. I liked the old forum too but if you want to interact with the guys you can still do that on Twitter or IG. I do it all the time. I enjoy all the different perspectives I get from the different podcasts on the site. The grumpy old codger in Mickey, the smooth corporate type in Derek, the overly enthusiastic newby in Kyle, the jaded sorta old timer in Rob, the cool hick in Shannon, the Implier, the ex-players like Nate, Church and Isaiah and yes even the pretty faces and the edgy hipsters. I even like Jessie.. sometimes.. he grates on me most of the time but I like hearing what he has to say most of the time even if I bristle at the delivery. They all bring something different to the table and come at the game from a different point of view than each other and from myself. Consuming all of it enriches me.. It's fun.. Sometimes it's infuriating.. sometimes it's useless.. What I do know is that they help me survive a season like this one.. They allow me to escape the constant trashing of my favorite team that the national media engages in. Every one of those stupid shows teases a Cowboys angle in and out of damn near every break and has a segment on the Cowboys every show. Some of them don't even bother to know who's on the team or not but try to pass themselves off as experts. To hell with that.. Give me the local team flaws and all over those blowhards.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Well it IS DallasCowboys.com .. it should be homerific.. If I want to hear someone bash the Cowboys I can always go listen to Screamin A Smith, Shannon Sharpe or the Herd. I liked the old forum too but if you want to interact with the guys you can still do that on Twitter or IG. I do it all the time. I enjoy all the different perspectives I get from the different podcasts on the site. The grumpy old codger in Mickey, the smooth corporate type in Derek, the overly enthusiastic newby in Kyle, the jaded sorta old timer in Rob, the cool hick in Shannon, the Implier, the ex-players like Nate, Church and Isaiah and yes even the pretty faces and the edgy hipsters. I even like Jessie.. sometimes.. he grates on me most of the time but I like hearing what he has to say most of the time even if I bristle at the delivery. They all bring something different to the table and come at the game from a different point of view than each other and from myself. Consuming all of it enriches me.. It's fun.. Sometimes it's infuriating.. sometimes it's useless.. What I do know is that they help me survive a season like this one.. They allow me to escape the constant trashing of my favorite team that the national media engages in. Every one of those stupid shows teases a Cowboys angle in and out of damn near every break and has a segment on the Cowboys every show. Some of them don't even bother to know who's on the team or not but try to pass themselves off as experts. To hell with that.. Give me the local team flaws and all over those blowhards.
No, it shouldn't be homerific. It used to be pretty solid and now it's just awful. Jessie is bad, Helman is a joke. Ambar hasn't a clue. You do you.
Just my opinion.