Twitter: Cowboys coach told Broaddus: "Dak doesn't want to be on team"

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My question is what new coach BB has in his pocke3t this fast? Can't imagine any of the holdovers from Garret staff having the _______ to go on record with such bold statement.

Reactions: BAT

HungryLion

Reaction score
Ill be honest, the only reason I would think otherwise is Dak is playing for his favorite childhood team and it is the Dallas Cowboys.

But.....In the last 25 years, that doesnt mean as much to this new generation of players. Most of these guys relate this team to mediocrity, thanks to Jerry..

It’s true. We here are all cowboys fans.

That being said. If you’re a player and you want to play where you have the best chance to win. I wouldn’t choose Dallas. I choose New England or Baltimore or Seattle or Pittsburgh over Dallas in that regard. Not to mention some other franchises as well.

It’s a sad state of affairs.

Edit: I am hopeful that a real head coach like McCarthy can change that in Dallas. I just worry about the Jones’ boys getting in the way.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yall are downplaying it but read between the lines.

-Kitna was let go (Dak was a huge Kitna supporter)

-Garrett was let go (Theres a report saying Dak was disappointed about this)

-Tad’s “I dont know how much longer ima root for the Cowboys”

-Dak being unrealistic with his contract demands and allegedly wanting to play on the tag

-Dak nor McCarthy reaching out to each other for weeks after the hire

-Dak not reaching out to his new weapon Ceedee

-Tank, Smith, Zeke, and Coop all getting their bread while the QB has to play on the tag

If you are non-biased, you probably would come to the same conclusion that the former coach did

That’s a good take. I never thought about it like that.

Remember, it wasn’t just Tad, but Dak’s boys as well tweeting.

khiladi

Reaction score
It’s true. We here are all cowboys fans.

That being said. If you’re a player and you want to play where you have the best chance to win. I wouldn’t choose Dallas. I choose New England or Baltimore or Seattle or Pittsburgh over Dallas in that regard. Not to mention some other franchises as well.

It’s a sad state of affairs.

There are much better home stadiums to play in as well, where the football authenticity still exists, like Mile High and Arrowhead.

HungryLion

Reaction score
There are much better home stadiums to play in as well, where the football authenticity still exists, like Mile High and Arrowhead.

Absolutely right. The lack of a true home field advantage costs you games over the course of multiple seasons. Considering how tight the competition is across the league.

Praxit

Reaction score
..you get the feeling, things might just fall apart for Dak. Not being content is a domino effect for something else. The guy wanted a $$$$$$ contract this year, not a tag.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
If Dak doesn't say it or show it, how does the coach know it to be true? :huh:

We’re there is smoke there is fire. If the coaches are hearing rumors from insiders there is a good chance there is something to it....might be DAK is just not happy with the contract situation

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This is a former coach projecting how he would feel from a distance...I’m sure dak is disappointed he didn’t get that long term deal, that’s basic human nature. I doubt he doesn’t want to be here. I doubt this former coach really has a pulse or a feel of the current situation it seems like pure conjecture.

his brother seems to agree w me. Broaddus used to drop little hints like this all the time on the break or talkin cowboys- except that was a much smaller audience now he throws the same **** at the wall or tells what he hears and it makes news bc he has a bigger platform.

nothing to see here IMO

Reactions: BAT

basel90

Reaction score
Dak’s actions the past 12 months indicate this could be true and he wants out . Good luck , he may get his wish .

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Ill be honest, the only reason I would think otherwise is Dak is playing for his favorite childhood team and it is the Dallas Cowboys.

But.....In the last 25 years, that doesnt mean as much to this new generation of players. Most of these guys relate this team to mediocrity, thanks to Jerry..

can’t argue about the mediocrity.....totally disagree ab it not meaning much, every big name player wants to come to Dallas. Earl Thomas, Adams, clowney and every agent wants them here or in the paper bc it leads to press and other offers.

The teams performance on the field on the field has sucked. It’s ability to be a destination for top players hasn’t - we just haven’t signed them bc we have a new philosophy regarding splashy signings

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Oh course he doesn’t want to be there you haven’t paid him. Next.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. I think someone's imagination is running amuck.

Dak insists he wants to finish his career a Cowboy. We'll see about that. ;)

Providing he has a great year, Jerry will see to it that he's justly rewarded!

Last edited:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this is click bait not true bryan has no idea he just opens mouth and engages tougne i dont believe it