Cowboys, culture of the locker

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Except they're not saying good things about him either. They're being quiet other than wishing him the best. It's just what most players do. Dude, they cut a first-round pick after 2 years. NOBODY does that...not even the Cowboys. That right there is a giant red flag.
We shall see. We will know who was right and who was wrong by the end of the year. I will wait to pass judgement on taco. The only I know that's a fact is Rod can't coach. I will hold my reservations about the player.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More like a boomer who's a bum and time passed him by and now he's an empty suit that isn't good at his job. Tough for "millennials" to buy into a system that is trash.

If Marinelli isn't good at his job it's because of the style of defense and teaching methods, which is entirely different from hard work. Nobody ever questions Marinelli's effort and passion.

If Taco was unwilling to give his best effort because he didn't like the system, that doesn't in any way justify him not giving his best effort. From what we know Lawrence still gives his effort, as does Crawford, Collins, Woods and on and on ….

The world doesn't work where the employee gets to dictate to management how to run the company, and in any business if a person refuses to give a strong effort because they don't care for how management runs things, they lose their job. That's not just an NFL thing.

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If Marinelli isn't good at his job it's because of the style of defense and teaching methods, which is entirely different from hard work. Passion Nobody ever questions Marinelli's effort and passion.

If Taco was unwilling to give his best effort because he didn't like the system, that doesn't in any way justify him not giving his best effort. Lawrence still gives his effort. Crawford, Collins, Woods and on and on ….

The world doesn't work where the employees get to dictate to management how to run the company, and in any business if a person refuses to give a strong effort because they don't care for how management runs things, they lose their job. That's not just an NFL thing.
No employees can just tell the boss he sucks and go work elsewhere which he did. I don't understand your point. Did you really think he wouldn't get picked up elsewhere?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No employees can just tell the boss he sucks and go work elsewhere which he did. I don't understand your point. Did you really think he wouldn't get picked up elsewhere?

People leave where they work under bad terms and go find other jobs all the time. It's silly to suggest otherwise. As for whether I thought Taco would get another job, the NFL has always proven that teams are willing to give chances, especially if they are desperate for help. No team is more desperate than Miami.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
People leave where they work under bad terms and go find other jobs all the time. It's silly to suggest otherwise. As for whether I thought Taco would get another job, the NFL has always proven that teams are willing to give chances, especially if they are desperate for help. No team is more desperate than Miami.
A lot of other teams would have picked him off waivers as well. It's just miami was at the beginning of the line. That employer do as I say days are coming to an end the more boomers that retire and thank goodness for it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of other teams would have picked him off waivers as well. It's just miami was at the beginning of the line. That employer do as I say days are coming to an end the more boomers that retire and thank goodness for it.

Yeah, that Belichick fellow sucks … lol

And maybe other teams would have signed him. Taking a flyer on a cheap player is common in the NFL. But obviously no team was willing to actually trade something to ensure they got him.

In any case, your complaint with Marinelli is about philosophy, but you are treating it as if it applies to the questions about Taco's work ethic. Youth in coaching can bring in some good ideas on scheme and style, but work ethic is timeless. And lack of work ethic will cost a player his job just as much with Kris Richard as with Rod Marinelli.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeah, that Belichick fellow sucks … lol

In any case, your complaint with Marinelli is about philosophy, but you are treating it as if it applies to the questions about Taco's work ethic. Youth in coaching can bring in some good ideas on scheme and style, but work ethic is timeless. And lack of work ethic will cost a player his job just as much with Kris Richard as with Rod Marinelli.
The no work ethic thing is a myth. There hasn't been any proof of it. He doesn't miss practice, meetings, or anything else he's obligated to do. He was even here for voluntary workouts even though he wasn't cleared to participate in some things due to his shoulder he was in the weight room.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The no work ethic thing is a myth. There hasn't been any proof of it. He doesn't miss practice, meetings, or anything else he's obligated to do. He was even here for voluntary workouts even though he wasn't cleared to participate in some things due to his shoulder he was in the weight room.

lol - are you under the impression that teams actually go to the press to talk about the work ethic of every individual player? I've been a fan for almost 50 years, and I have to say I've missed that.

I'm also wondering if you actually think fans are privy to everything that goes on with the team, and with every player on the team.

I find it interesting that you think attendance equates to hard work

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
lol - are you under the impression that teams actually go to the press to talk about the work ethic of every individual player? I've been a fan for almost 50 years, and I have to say I've missed that.

I'm also wondering if you actually think fans are privy to everything that goes on with the team, and with every player on the team.

I find it interesting that you think attendance equates to hard work
So then why are you saying the player has no work ethic then? If you don't know?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

One thing we know for sure is that NO ONE thought he was worthy of even a 7th round pick.

And seeing as though Miami is basically a revolving door rebuilding project its probably the best place for him.

If he CANT win a job in Miami or even stay on the team, then even the most hang on Taco lovers will have to finally admit the guy just didn't have the talent to play in the NFL.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I've asked many times. What's really going on I can't get a decisive answer current best answer I got was he just wasn't a cowboy type. Talent had nothing to do with it. No I thought he was talented so I have to maybe agree with that. But I think only Taco and the franchise no right now

Actually, I think it's a good sign that we don't know the details -- it probably means that the team is more solidified about handling these issues internally and not airing dirty laundry in the media. That's the kind of locker room I'd want.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So then why are you saying the player has no work ethic then? If you don't know?
All I’m saying is I dont see a reason to doubt the team. The interests of both Marinelli and the Cowboys would be in giving Taco every chance to succeed.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
All I’m saying is I dont see a reason to doubt the team. The interests of both Marinelli and the Cowboys would be in giving Taco every chance to succeed.
The only thing marinelli is interested in is jags worshipping him, hes a legend in his own mind. The cowboys only care about making money. Fact is Taco was our best dlineman this offseason with d law out.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing marinelli is interested in is jags worshipping him, hes a legend in his own mind. The cowboys only care about making money. Fact is Taco was our best dlineman this offseason with d law out.

It seems pretty obvious you are mistaking your dislike of Marinelli's defensive style for a character flaw. They are entirely different things.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It seems pretty obvious you are mistaking your dislike of Marinelli's defensive style for a character flaw. They are entirely different things.
It's seems pretty obvious you want to lick his boots just because he was in the marines. One has nothing to do with the other